Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Can't Stop Astral Projecting/Having OBEs

mucgwyrt, you're probably right. I'm probably thinking about it so much that it's keeping me partially awake! CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Wouldn't that make you sleep deeply? In any case, I think it was Rudas who earlier explained that being very sleepy and fatigued can sometimes aid in astral traveling. So that's interesting to note.

latin_baller: How did they claim to have known in order to write about it?

gurlygurl2004: I know dreams about falling are quite common, and can make your body jerk. Another thing that can make your body jerk is that when you start falling into a pretty deep sleep quickly, your heart rate drops rapidly and makes your brain think the body's dying. So the brain sends a signal to the body telling it to jerk, and that's why when you're extra tired, sometimes your whole body'll jerk when you're falling asleep, or a leg'll twitch or something. It may be astral travel, but I'd think you'd remember since astral travel puts you in a lucid state. And I mean ultra lucid -- more lucid and clear minded than you are awake!

I find this interesting because I use to unconsciously project. It became such a problem that I actually placed wards around my bed to keep me "in" rather than keeping other things out.
    ‘We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound. Our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color. We live on the wind, and in the sparkle of a star.’
    Endora

""And pleasant is the fairy land,
    But, an eerie tale to tell, At the end of every seven years, We pay a tithe to Hell,
    I am so fair and full of flesh,
    I feared it be myself." "
    The Ballad of Tam Lin

"Granny Weatherwax was often angry. She considered in one of her strong points. Genuine anger was one of the world greatest creative forces. But you had to learn how to control it. That didn't mean you let it trickle away. it meant you damned it, carefully, let it develop a working head, let it drown whole valleys of the mind and then, just when the whole structure was about to collapse, opened a tiny pipeline at the base and let the iron-hard stream of wrath power the turbines of revenge."
    Terry Pratchet

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDancer View Post
    mucgwyrt, you're probably right. I'm probably thinking about it so much that it's keeping me partially awake! CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Wouldn't that make you sleep deeply? In any case, I think it was Rudas who earlier explained that being very sleepy and fatigued can sometimes aid in astral traveling. So that's interesting to note.
    Yes, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. You'd think, wouldn't you?! No, I sleep very badly, and the slightest noise wakes me - I think this is quite common, as I understand doctors often prescribe sleeping tablets to people with CFS. I have often wondered if this is because I am so tired all the time that I'm used to struggling to keep myself awake, and this continues through sleep.

Can't Stop Astral Travel

Greetings,

I can't pretend to have all the answers, but the first thing I would say to you is this:

Banish (cleanse & clear)
    Ground
    Shield

Being 'pulled out' of your body is not a good thing no matter who or what might be doing it. It is possible for something else to get in and once it's in, it will not be easy to evict it. For one thing, while there are loads of people willing to jump in and take action, there are few people who have any real training in how to do that safely and ethically. So my first advice to you would be:

Clear and cleanse your own aura from the centre out (I call this banishing, because the intent is to clear unwanted energies)

Ground your energy (meaning root your energy deeply in the earth)

Shield yourself (create an energetic barrier to other beings or entities getting in)

I would suggest doing this in the morning as part of your shower routine, and again just before going to sleep. You can use whatever methods work best for you. You are right to be concerned. It is vital that what we do we do by our own free will and not because someone or something else is forcing us. In most cases, the above procedure will stop the problem.

However, if this keeps happening after you are established in your Banish-Ground-Shield routine then (assuming you have done your work properly) the problem is likely not originating from outside of you. In that case I would suggest asking yourself whether you like being in your body.

I know that sounds silly, but I have known quite a few people who actually disliked or feared being in their bodies and spent most of their time finding ways to 'get out'. Whatever the reason, you will need to find it out and deal with it before the problem will stop.

That'sabout the limit of my advice. I hope it is helpful to you and wish you the best in resolving this issue!
    Last edited by Morgaine_cla; November 21st, 2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: clarity
    * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

I eventually began wearing an amulet to bed. I would project and go to the exact same spot every time. Eventually I had unwanted attention drawn to that area and had some really unpleasant things happen.
    I would ask in prayer that you want to be the one that decides when you project.
    ~Look Beneath the Skin~

Update

Just a little update, months later.

I'm doing better regarding my mom's death. I'm in therapy (for her death, not the crazy crap I'm about to talk about, I swear! I'm sane!), group therapy and even started going to AA occasionally because I realized I was drinking to cope with my problems. I feel like my life's getting back on track.

Since this thread, my astral projection problem's gotten a LOT better. I mean, with the exception of a few incidents. It happens occasionally, but it also seems easier to make it stop. I don't fight with it ALL NIGHT when it happens now. I've noticed that not feeling fear and being calm about it has really helped. Then, once I can move again, I stay awake for a few minutes before trying to go back to sleep. I've even calmly allowed my astral-body to hover mostly-inside-but-a-teeny-bit-outside over my physical-body and just calmly stated that it wasn't my will and that seemed to work better. I mean, maybe it's just not as stressful because I'm not fighting it. It can still take a while, but definitely a lot better.

I don't know if my emotions are directly causing it, but I do think they affect it. My personal belief is that something is making me do this against my will, not God, and that it has an easier time preying on me during horrible times in my life.

You all are going to think I'm insane, but I have been possessed before. I was exorcised by Bob Larson. My mom and I went to see him as a form of entertainment, to be honest. We were giggling beforehand and expecting to see some awesome and kind of funny stuff. And it was definitely funny... for about two seconds until I was reacting like some people in the audience and getting really angry and sobbing uncontrollably. Next thing I know, people come over to me, I black out but hear someone screaming, realize *I'm* the one screaming and saying weird stuff, then I wake up being helped up off the floor. What on earth?! Yeah, definitely interesting. I had a splitting headache for days. Why? Holy oil and a Bible were on my head. Seriously, it was like a movie.

He said after it happened, people would walk out with different lives. I did. I ditched all my bad friends and started talking to my now-husband. It changed my whole life immediately.

I believe that since I was little, bad spirits have been trying to get me. I used to see "angels" when I was very tiny that would scare me, they were bad angels. I feel like it's a constant battle, like some battle I'm not seeing, but only see the effects of occasionally. I think trying to get me to astral project is a part of this.

On Coast to Coast am, back when it was hosted by Art Bell, a priest was often on, who ended up being killed or something later. He cautioned against astral projection, saying it was a way for demons to possess you. Now I wonder. It really made sense to me, from my experience. Although I don't believe I was possessed because of the OBEs, I think I brought it on by making bad decisions, being really depressed and hanging out with bad people.

Also, just to make you all question my sanity even further, I'd like to tell you that I was recently awoken with sleep paralysis, you know, usual deal. I was like, "Oh great, going to try to stay in my body now," waiting for it to start happening. But no. Instead, a bright light and aliens standing around me. I literally LAUGHED. I cracked up. In my head, I said, "You have got to be kidding me. You really expect me to believe that I'm being abducted by aliens?"

Now, this was a strange reaction because I watch UFO stories on TV and become terrified. TERRIFIED! My dad used to tell me he got abducted by aliens (he was just a coke head, in reality), and he'd scare the crap out of me with his stories when I was a toddler. I am SCARED of aliens! And I don't even know if they're real! But in this case, it was laughable to me. It was clear they were demons that wanted me to think they were aliens, and it was hilarious. Like, "What a stupid trick."

So anyway, I started praying and telling them to leave in Jesus' name, etc etc. They started backing away and then bam, gone.

Yeah, SO. I know, I know, I'm insane. Actually, I assure you that I'm a normal 22-year-old girl! I'm not a hippie or extremist or anything! But it really happened. And further, I didn't "wake up" from it. I was awake when it ended and couldn't go back to sleep.

So anyway, that solidified that something was trying to do something to me. Since that, it's gotten a lot better too.

Also, I don't think leaving my body has to do with my having had no real desire to be in my body or on earth. I actually have TRIED to die that way, during a suicidal period. No dice. In fact, I couldn't astral project at all when I tried to do that. Quite frustrating. And when I started later and thought, "I just won't go back to my body," suddenly I was just floating in my body and couldn't get beyond it. So it seems that lack of desire to live actually does the opposite.

You are lucky. I've been trying for near 10 years to astral project and still haven't succeeded. The closest I've come is astral paralisys, where I am half in and out of my body, and have absolute no control of anything.
    "I have a deep fondness for all paranormal......."

"magick is the sweetest nectar of life................"

"As above...So below...."

And, I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a parent. My condolences......
    "I have a deep fondness for all paranormal......."

"magick is the sweetest nectar of life................"

"As above...So below...."

Lady Snake, thank you for your kind words. My mom was my best friend and sister, basically, and missing her is a pain like I've never known -- BUT! I know she'll be the first person to greet me after I'm gone. I'm pretty excited to see her again. I might even get a visit with her before I die <fingers crossed>

As far as astral projection, I think as soon as you decide to do it and you *do* do it, you'll have control over it. I think when I did it my first time it unlocked something, and then I just couldn't stop it. It's like instinctive or intuitive to your body/soul. It's very natural.

The way I did it the first time was I looked it up. Also, I was VERY excited, so there was no fear, and I think that helped a lot. I was just dumb and curious. I think I pumped myself up. I wasn't sure if other people would see the way I was dressed or if my hair could get in my face, so I got into my cutest, comfiest pajamas and braided my hair. I think that helped because I felt "suited up" and ready. I think it's just all very mental.

What I read online was very simple. First, you wear very comfortable clothes, and make sure the temperature isn't too cold or too warm. Then, when you go to sleep, do so with your arm held up. You rest your elbow against the bed, but you keep your arm up. This way, every time you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall. You focus on what you want to do, but you let thoughts float in and out of your mind. If your mind wanders, gently push the thoughts out and bring your focus back, like your thoughts are floating on water. Then, I think it said to imagine a vertical line over your body, imagine it at the ceiling, then imagine floating up towards it. Anyway, at some point during all of this, you'll vibrate, and that's good. And then, your "eyes" will open.

Weirdest thing was that my first time, I realized my eyes were open and I was looking at the ceiling and could look around the room. And I thought, "crap, I ruined the whole thing, I'm going to have to start over." I tried closing my eyes several times before I realized they WERE closed and I was just squinting them down harder. I could SEE through my eyelids! Then I was just like, "I want to astral project" and stating it made it happen, just like if you're out and you say "I want to be back in my body" or "I want to go home" you'll just whiz right back in.

Also, at some point, when you realize your body's vibrating and your mind's very alert and you feel it beginning, you can gently put your arm down. Often my mom and I would keep ours up, but you don't have to. It's just very easy to basically meditate, relax yourself and fall asleep when you do this.

I'm not sure if any of that helps, but that's how I did it, and it worked the very first time and I never had problems ever again. But that could also be because I was 13 and didn't know anyone had a hard time with it. I just thought most people didn't know about it. I think the mentality of "This'll be easy and exciting and I'm all dressed and ready" is the most important thing. Any bit of urgency or fear won't allow you to do it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6