Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can't Stop Astral Projecting/Having OBEs

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDancer View Post
    There's also more to what I found out while researching. If you look at herbivorous, carnivorous and omnivorous animals and compare them to us, you'll see that we have the same exact features as herbivores.

Sorry but that is completely and utterly untrue. Apes, Monkies and Pigs are Omniverous and those are the animals we are closest too from a lot of medical and scientific standpoints.

You can eat how you choose, but it is a scientific fact that humans are omniverous.

Soil , Salt Water , Sage focus for now...Remember , I
    told you , you could put a symbol of your choosing , on
    the river stone...A talisman is a symbol , on an object...

By definition , and please understand , I understand ,
    AND respect your path...I was raised Catholic / Christian...

A cross , used to dispel " evil " spirits , is a talisman...

Tomorrow , I can talk to you about Holy Water , and
    it's uses , and applications...In this instance...Blessings...

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy_Princess View Post
    Sorry but that is completely and utterly untrue. Apes, Monkies and Pigs are Omniverous and those are the animals we are closest too from a lot of medical and scientific standpoints.

You can eat how you choose, but it is a scientific fact that humans are omniverous.
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...-herbivores-2/

I have a few books about it, and scientifically it makes the most sense. To me, anyway. Yes, it is said that we are closest to those animals, but I guess our teeth, saliva and intestinal tracts aren't. I'm not sure, I haven't looked into those things on the animals you mentioned. All I know is that those animals sure are smart

That site is biased and compares Humans to carnivores NOT Omnivores to make it's points. We omnivore teeth not Herbivore teeth there is NO room for argument there.

We're omnivores, I never tried to claim we're carnivores. Real science books show this not Vegan Propoganda.

After all my reading, I've found that it seems we're herbivores, not omnivores. And that site actually does touch on herbivores vs. omnivores: "But arenít humans anatomically suited to be omnivores?

Nope. We donít anatomically match up with omnivorous animals anymore than we do with carnivorous ones. Omnivores are more similar to carnivores than they are to herbivores. For a more detailed summary table that compares the properties of carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores side by side, see this page:"

But I see that link doesn't work anymore. So:

Facial Muscles
    CARNIVORE: Reduced to allow wide mouth gape
    HERBIVORE: Well-developed
    OMNIVORE: Reduced
    HUMAN: Well-developed

Jaw Type
    CARNIVORE: Angle not expanded
    HERBIVORE: Expanded angle
    OMNIVORE: Angle not expanded
    HUMAN: Expanded angle

Jaw Joint Location
    CARNIVORE: On same plane as molar teeth
    HERBIVORE: Above the plane of the molars
    OMNIVORE: On same plane as molar teeth
    HUMAN: Above the plane of the molars

Jaw Motion
    CARNIVORE: Shearing; minimal side-to-side motion
    HERBIVORE: No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back
    OMNIVORE: Shearing; minimal side-to-side
    HUMAN: No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back

Major Jaw Muscles
    CARNIVORE: Temporalis
    HERBIVORE: Masseter and pterygoids
    OMNIVORE: Temporalis
    HUMAN: Masseter and pterygoids

Mouth Opening vs. Head Size
    CARNIVORE: Large
    HERBIVORE: Small
    OMNIVORE: Large
    HUMAN: Small

Teeth: Incisors
    CARNIVORE: Short and pointed
    HERBIVORE: Broad, flattened and spade shaped
    OMNIVORE: Short and pointed
    HUMAN: Broad, flattened and spade shaped

Teeth: Canines
    CARNIVORE: Long, sharp and curved
    HERBIVORE: Dull and short or long (for defense), or none
    OMNIVORE: Long, sharp and curved
    HUMAN: Short and blunted

Teeth: Molars
    CARNIVORE: Sharp, jagged and blade shaped
    HERBIVORE: Flattened with cusps vs complex surface
    OMNIVORE: Sharp blades and/or flattened
    HUMAN: Flattened with nodular cusps

Chewing
    CARNIVORE: None; swallows food whole
    HERBIVORE: Extensive chewing necessary
    OMNIVORE: Swallows food whole and/or simple crushing
    HUMAN: Extensive chewing necessary

Saliva
    CARNIVORE: No digestive enzymes
    HERBIVORE: Carbohydrate digesting enzymes
    OMNIVORE: No digestive enzymes
    HUMAN: Carbohydrate digesting enzymes

Stomach Type
    CARNIVORE: Simple
    HERBIVORE: Simple or multiple chambers
    OMNIVORE: Simple
    HUMAN: Simple

Stomach Acidity
    CARNIVORE: Less than or equal to pH 1 with food in stomach
    HERBIVORE: pH 4 to 5 with food in stomach
    OMNIVORE: Less than or equal to pH 1 with food in stomach
    HUMAN: pH 4 to 5 with food in stomach

Stomach Capacity
    CARNIVORE: 60% to 70% of total volume of digestive tract
    HERBIVORE: Less than 30% of total volume of digestive tract
    OMNIVORE: 60% to 70% of total volume of digestive tract
    HUMAN: 21% to 27% of total volume of digestive tract

Length of Small Intestine
    CARNIVORE: 3 to 6 times body length
    HERBIVORE: 10 to more than 12 times body length
    OMNIVORE: 4 to 6 times body length
    HUMAN: 10 to 11 times body length

Colon
    CARNIVORE: Simple, short and smooth
    HERBIVORE: Long, complex; may be sacculated
    OMNIVORE: Simple, short and smooth
    HUMAN: Long, sacculated

Liver
    CARNIVORE: Can detoxify vitamin A
    HERBIVORE: Cannot detoxify vitamin A
    OMNIVORE: Can detoxify vitamin A
    HUMAN: Cannot detoxify vitamin A

Kidney
    CARNIVORE: Extremely concentrated urine
    HERBIVORE: Moderately concentrated urine
    OMNIVORE: Extremely concentrated urine
    HUMAN: Moderately concentrated urine

Nails
    CARNIVORE: Sharp claws
    HERBIVORE: Flattened nails or blunt hooves
    OMNIVORE: Sharp claws
    HUMAN: Flattened nails

Also, as far as apes most closely resembling us, I'll take from this letter from someone:

"In using comparative anatomy to determine what man was "meant" to eat, we should look at the species most similar to man, namely the anthropoid apes--chimpanzees, gibbons, gorillas, and orangutans. Of all animals, man's digestive organs and teeth most closely resemble these apes. In captivity, some of these animals will eat meat if forced to rather than starve to death. But in the wild, all eat a vegetarian diet.

Another strong clue that man is naturally a vegetarian is the fact that vegetarians in general are much healthier than omnivores. The American Dietetic Association has acknowledged that vegetarians are less at risk for a number of chronic diseases, including heart disease, some types of cancer, obesity, high blood pressure, and adult-onset diabetes."

All of this makes the most sense to me, so this is what I believe (although I also know that apes very occasionally kill each other and eat their babies, I choose to refrain from that sort of thing). You believe what makes the most sense to you, and that's fine. I love bacon, and I don't blame you if you don't want to give it up. I cheat occasionally myself So no need to be antagonistic, no one's telling you to stop eating meat. I'm not throwing red paint on your fur coat, I was just answering a question.

Let's get back on topic.

Sorry but apes in the wild eat anything, not just plants. They are NOT herbivores and neither are humans. The chimpanzee society is marked by violence: war, incest, murder, cannibalism. So much for "peaceful vegan" chimps! (A more accurate description would be "occasionally violent, omnivore chimps.")

But mountain gorillas are vegans! :

No, Not really; they have been observed deliberately eating driver ants, and they also consume considerable insects on the leaves that are the major part of their diet. Given that many vegans reject honey, avoid foods colored with cochineal (a dye made of ground insects), and get all grossed-out by descriptions of humans consuming insects (common in many hunter-gatherer societies), it is reasonable to say that an ape that deliberately eats ants is not a vegan, even if ants are a small part of their diet.

First, as mentioned above, the idea that apes (or primates in general) are strict vegetarians in the normal human sense of the word is a misconception of the past. This point is clarified in Sussman [1987, pp. 166, 168]:

In fact, most species of primate are omnivorous (see Harding [1981]) and omnivory should be considered an evolutionarily conservative and generalized trait among primates. Primates evolved from insectivores....

Thus, omnivorous primates are mainly frugivorous and, depending upon body size, obtain most of their protein from insects and leaves. In all large, omnivorous, nonhuman primates, animal protein is a very small but presumably necessary component of the diet.

In the above, the term omnivore has the usual definition; e.g., from Milton [1987, p. 93]: "By definition, an omnivore is any animal that takes food from more than one trophic level. Most mammals are in fact omnivorous...". ["Trophic" refers to the different levels of the food chain.] Note that some experts use a different, more precise definition for the term omnivore, and disagree that mammals are omnivores--instead they suggest using the term faunivore for animals that regularly include fauna (other animals) in their diet.
    I hate to tell you this sugar but a human with a properly BALANCED diet, not just an omniverous junk food diet, is MUCH healthier and happier than ANY vegan EVER!
    Last edited by Fairy_Princess; July 10th, 2007 at 12:38 AM.

I'll definitely look into omnivorous health more.

Hia,

I used to have a very similar thing happen to me - I still do on occasion, but not so often now. I have CFS, and that makes me very sensitive to energy and disrupts my sleep, allowing me to be able to perch on that knife-blade of awareness between sleep and wakefulness which is so condusive to successful astral travel.

Ironically, I think all the stressing and all the energy you put into attempting to keep yourself lucid - all the "I dont want to travel tonight!" - is probably aiding your tendancy to astral-travel. It's keeping you on that knife-edge, and stopping yourself from falling past the knife-edge and into a deeper sleep.

Something to think about, anyway
    Last edited by mucgwyrt; July 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 AM.

i read a book about astral projecting that had a supposed true story that a woman died because she couldnt come back to her body.

The only way I know I had an astral projection is that I will feel like I fell and get a jerky sensation in my body, usually when I sleep. THe only thing I can remember is falling from a tall building in the process.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast