Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How do you sleep?

I've no problems with sleeping. I usually fall asleep quickly, on my side with my arm under my head, and I don't wake up very easily. A phone has to ring for a long time for me to wake up and realize I'm not dreaming anymore But if nothing disturbs me I can sleep till noon. Twelve hours of sleep isn't too much for me. :D

Blessed Be
    "The really great person is the person who makes everybody feel great" G.K. Chesterton

Most often I fall asleep really quickly, usually within 10 mins (did you know the average person falls alseep within 7 minutes?). If, however, there's something on my mind that I can't stop thinking about, it'll take me forever to fall asleep. Once I'm asleep, the smallest noise will wake me up, which is a horrible combination with my hubby because he could sleep through a hurricane, so the alarm has to be set really loud for him to hear it, and it just ends up scaring the crap out of me when it goes off. I'm told that I sleep on my left side, and that I'm a moderate snorer...it's worse when I'm in a dry climate. :D
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. - Bono

Wow.. this is gonna be a fun one for me LOL

I have sleep apnea.. I stop breathing when I get to that really wonderful deep sleep.. so probably 8 or 9 times during the night, I get startled awake, cause I'm not breathing. And being startled awake sucks.

Also, I had my adnoids out when I was 16.. but before that, they were so big that I couldn't breathe out of my nose.. ever. So I snored like crazy. LOL

It usually takes me about an hour to fall asleep. I sleep usually on my tummy.. but sometimes on my side. I toss and turn all night, and I am a complete blanket hog. I'm also not one for snuggling. I like my space.

My doctor told me I probably haven't had a real good normal nights sleep since I was a baby, cause of the sleep apnea. But he told me it's really nothing to worry about until I get older... and it's something I've gotten used to, I suppose.. I just hate the constant feeling of being tired.

I am SO not a morning person. My boyfriend gets mad cause if someone or something else wakes me up, they are evil and must be destroyed. LOL I would rather wake up on my own. And talking to me before I've had my coffee or first cigarette is NOT a good idea.
    ~Bree
    "And if they were unsuccessful at tearing you from your joy, they would seek to harm you, so enormous would be their rage. And when you told them it does not matter, that even death cannot interrupt your joy, nor change your truth, they would surely kill you. Then when they saw the peace with which you accepted death, they would call you saint, and love you again.

For it is the nature of people to love, then destroy, then love again that which they value most."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4