Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: One Piece of Advice?

Also, the best advice I was ever given magickally is Sybil Leek's words: "See to your own house first." It covers a lot of ground, but is always true for me.

---------------------------------
    Rye Wolf Farm
    Our homestead blog--come visit!

Another bit of advice:
    Psychic attack is extremely rare. Sometimes life just goes downhill for a bit. Problems are not automatically a sign that you have "enemies" or other drama.

(inspired by recent events here locally)
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Don't go buy or pick a bunch of herbs without researching them and brew a tea and drink it, or throw it on the incense burner. Some plants are poison. Know what you got, and what it does, before you use it.

Don't do it. The whole thing is too complicated.
    "My scream got lost in a papercup. Do you think theres a heaven where the screams have gone?"
    ~ Silent All These Years, Tori Amos

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInanna View Post
    Imagine you can only give one piece of advice to a beginning Pagan. What is it?
    Never be afraid to question.

Research everything and anything before doing it.

Be prepared for the consequences that arise from doing rituals, spells, or any other energy work.

Life is never easy nor is it meant to be.

Everybody has opinions. Everybody judges. Its up to us to determine if we allow those opinions and judgments to rule our lives.

And some of my favorite quotes:

"Someone was hurt before you; wronged before you; hungry before you; frightened before you; beaten before you; humiliated before you; raped before you; yet, someone survived." - Maya Angelou

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
    - Buddha
    Last edited by Philosophia; July 5th, 2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

The gateway to the unseen worlds is your own hear.t

In other words, know yourself, your interests, strengths and weaknesses...then go from there.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

i cant just give one piece of advice and most of it will offend everyone anyway! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Rudas Starblaze View Post
    i cant just give one piece of advice and most of it will offend everyone anyway! lmao
    And? Everything will always be offencive to someone ~_^ Hmmmm...guess that one qualifies under advice too :P
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Quote Originally Posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
    And? Everything will always be offencive to someone ~_^ Hmmmm...guess that one qualifies under advice too :P
    very true!!

ok, ill start with this piece of advice since Vig is putting me in the spotlight!

"witchcraft isnt all blessings and butterflies, watch whos toes ya step on, some of us wont think twice about being nasty."

i may post more later that might get real offensive!

You're supposed to give one piece of advice

Wonder if the guides should sticky the thread so it's easy for newbies to find?
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast