Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

To me, the Moon Herself is a Goddess. She is the Mother, and She has no name other than Moon or Mother ( if those can be considered names). I definitely associate Freya with the Moon. not quite sure why, but i guess ever since She came to me in my dream, She's been connected to my Mother.
    i would honor any Goddess linked to the Moon. but, in particular, i honor Freya.
    I've worked with Hecate on specific occasions in the past, and at times i invoke certain Slavic Moon Goddesses.
    Through loving yourself, you love the world.
    Your true love for the world will help melt the ice in the heart of humanity!

do what you MUST to become who you ARE

I am what i am. whatever that may be.

I had an amazing vision once of the Horned God, and he told me his name was Kairnunoh, which I realised afterwards was the Celtic Cernunnos. I've always been drawn to him and it seems he is protective of me even when I fear him.

As for the Goddess, I'm still searching for her but she is definately there, when I gaze at the full moon or I hear running water. I think I identify with Danu as a mother Goddess.
    I am a bomb technition. If I am running, make sure you keep up.

Smile

My goddess is Isis and my god would probably be Osiris.
    This is who I invision them to be anyway.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    Expanding my horizons.....

I've always been drawn to the Greco-Roman dieties... In perticular Zeus, Hermes and Atlas (I know Atlas was a Titan, but he fasinates me to no end). As for Goddesses, few have taken my attention as much as the Gods have, however, in these little quiz-things I've been taking recently, Diana has come up in quite a few. The only Goddess that really strikes me is Artemis.

Anyway...I'm rambling.

Originally posted by Flaire
    Expanding my horizons.....

I've always been drawn to the Greco-Roman dieties... In perticular Zeus, Hermes and Atlas (I know Atlas was a Titan, but he fasinates me to no end). As for Goddesses, few have taken my attention as much as the Gods have, however, in these little quiz-things I've been taking recently, Diana has come up in quite a few. The only Goddess that really strikes me is Artemis.

Anyway...I'm rambling.
    Wow! Flaire found her way to the God and Goddess section. Welcome!

I really don't know too much about Atlas. I have to learn more about him to see if he is fascinating.
    Did you take those what goddess are you quizes on ivillage? I can see why you come up to have Diana as your goddess on those quizes if you are drawn to Artemis. After all, Diana is the Roman equivalent of the Greek Artemis.

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    I think I can honestly say I've posted in every forum now..

Actually, I've been a bit out of touch lately...Need to get back to reading all about my mythology.

Here is the bit on Atlas from pantheon.org....Of course, I've read a few pieces on him from books irl as well, I can't really put it all together at the moment..

Did you take those what goddess are you quizes on ivillage?
    I don't think so. ivillage doesn't sound familiar to me...It was one of those sites with a ton of quizzes on them (maybe thespark.com?)....

After all, Diana is the Roman equivalent of the Greek Artemis.
    Aah.... That would explain it then.... I was thinking Celene (Selene??) was the equivalent. I'm just getting myself mixed up now..

Thanks for the bit on Atlas. I haven't read about him in ages.
    I'll have to check out that quiz site. I love to take online quizes.

I can see why you got Selene confused with Artemis. Both goddesses are associated with the moon.

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    No problem. I'll have to find the other one I took, because they're not the same.

I can see why you got Selene confused with Artemis. Both goddesses are associated with the moon.
    Aha.......I thought so.

I have never thought of any one god or goddess calling to me or even really thought of them i find it hard to believe that theres some all mighty divine being controlling me and my destiney i do however believe in the energy of universe and how it can help or harm us!
    Guh?

Welcome and MM, Telling Windglimmer!

Interesting philosophy. Personally, I believe in powerful deities. I find solace in them when I must face specific issues. Since my deities have distinct roles, I can turn to them when needing assistance in that particular area. Like you, I believe that there is energy around us that can help or hurt us. So you don't believe that this energy, whether it be positive or negative, is controlled by a divine being?

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast