Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

Myself, I've been drawn towards two different Pantheons.. Native American and Egyptian. Yes, it seems odd, yet I feel comfortable with both of them. I can't have one and not the other. I don't have a specific Goddess from the Native American pantheon, but I feel extremely comfortable with Isis from the Egyptian side. I know she's the "main" Goddess that people usually hear about when looking into Egyptian god/desses and such forth, but I can see why, she just has an impact on me, her story is amazing and I just can't seem to stop looking for more and more information about her. I'm still studying the Native American pantheons to see what's really going on...

My beloved Isis... It took me a long time untill I heard her call and she had to shove her way in. I am so glad she did. My life is so much nicer now.
    Everlasting Magik

Cool

I was wondering how does one go about finding a god???
    -meet bob the boing

Tainted beauties have destroyed the hearts and minds of men, but the damned have only themselves to blame.

On my tombstone I want carved:
    He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

What do you do when youve forgotten how to cry, when tears are beyond you and anger cannot find you, when all you have left is pain and frustration where shall you turn?
    When life is hell, givem heck!
    \Enosiophobia or Enissophobia- Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism
    "some people say that things just happen...well, I say they're meant to be. If not made for someone who's broken, then I fear that these things werent made for me."

- Asthmorte

http://www.myspace.com/grey86

Originally posted by Sora
    I'm drawn to Kali. She took me in and hasn't yet let me go.
    Same with me and Hekate.
    We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act ... but a habit.
    - Aristotle

Grey, does a particular pantheon appeal to you? The Greek gods and goddesses have been a part of my life for ages. Hence, that explains why I feel a connection to the goddess, Athena right now.

Question

yes actually the norse gods. ( Odin, Thor, Ostara, Uller etc)
    Ive always like them as far as I can remeber there existance but how does this help me?? Should I meditate on them or something??
    -meet bob the boing

Tainted beauties have destroyed the hearts and minds of men, but the damned have only themselves to blame.

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

What do you do when youve forgotten how to cry, when tears are beyond you and anger cannot find you, when all you have left is pain and frustration where shall you turn?
    \Enosiophobia or Enissophobia- Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism
    "some people say that things just happen...well, I say they're meant to be. If not made for someone who's broken, then I fear that these things werent made for me."

- Asthmorte

I've always been fascinated by Bast and have often prayed to her at times when I want protection for my loved ones.
    I'm looking forward someday to finding out why I have always loved this particular Goddess since she is the only Egyptian deity that I feel so comfortable with.When I was only about 7 or 8,my mom took me to the local museum to see a special exhibit of Egyptian artifacts.I remember seeing a Bast statuette and just staring and feeling overwhelmed with love for this graceful and lovely being.... the other Gods and Goddesses at the exhibit interested me but Bast is the one I kept wandering back to....
    It's funny because I remember "talking/praying to her after I went home and drawing numerous pictures of her and so forth.
    I was raised in a strongly Judeo/Christian home and even sent to parochial schools and so forth but my fond feelings for her never waned.
    my god hun are u sure were not related

Smile Hello!!

( smiles ) perhaps we are. Who is your Goddess of choice? Since you used the word "god" I'm presuming you meant Thor. I'm not trying to get into a big theological discussion here.... I'm just NOSY!!! ( I really love this online community by the way )
    Blessings and Goosebumps!!!

Teshuva

Unhappy

Actually I don't know any godesses really so that could be my problem..... as for gods if its a multiple sex pronoun you always use the male form ;-( sorry for the mix-up

do you know anywhere I could find more out about the goddesses???
    -meet bob the boing

- Asthmorte

Grey, there are some really powerful Norse goddesses. My favorite is Freyja. She is the goddess of fertility, love, beauty, and even death. She was also known for her magical powers. What can't this goddess do?

There is also Odin's wife, Frigg. She is the very clever, faithful mother goddess. (We all like Frigg. After all, one of our favorite days of the week is named after her, Friday or "Frigg's day.")

Like Frigg, Sigyn is another faithful goddess. She was married to Loki. Even though Loki had some flaws, Sigyn stood by him.

Another important Norse goddess is Sif. She reminds me a lot of the Greek goddess Demeter. She is the goddess of the harvest.

Hope some of this information helps you learn more about the Norse goddesses.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast