Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

a day late and a dollar short ;)

ok i'm gonna chuck my 0.02 in here, even if i'm a little behind the times...

right at this moment, i'm grovelling to Hera (loooong story) and i feel that some kind of bond will ultimately come from this; i see her, as it stands, as a mother figure - who currently isn't best pleased with her child (oh dear). lots of offerings and prayer to follow, methinks...

i'm greatly drawn to Aphrodite, if only because i can be wat some people term 'shallow' and have a total love-affair going on with myself and my romantic life; She's helped me A LOT and as i've learned about Her depth (as opposed to "oh, Aphrodite, love goddess, next") i've learned a little about my own also.

i also have a great respect for Athena - long story short, she dragged me kicking and screaming thru my GCSEs and to this day i believe my results sheet was Divinely written, because i did NOT in any way deserve the grades i got. i'll also never forget how She calmed one of my friends before our history GCSE...i was carrying a little pouch of crystals and an image of an owl, and i set them down with my friend and i was just like...breathe. she did and she aced the exam, instead of having the breakdown she was well on her way to earlier. said friend still reminds me of this every so often, and it makes me feel special, in a 'basking in reflected glory' kinda way lol.

finally (before the rambling overtakes me completely) i'm trying to learn about Apollo. He's been calling and I'm working out how best to answer.

i'll keep y'all posted

eudaimonia!
    maia xxx
    purppel_cla@hotmail..com

Had to put my 2 cents in.....

Well, as I am sure I have told almost everyone, I was led to my element first which is earth, the first Goddess I gave thanks to was Selu - she is the cherokee Goddess of corn or harvest. Then came Ocasta the cherokee God of witches and shamans. Along with those from the Irish side I was drawn to Cailleach - Earth and Cessair - witches. As I grew older and was able to research the whole thing I meditate and pray to many, Hera - Anu - Isis for the support and for advice as a child to a mother. I have added Gaia as on to whom I regularly give thanks and Hecate when I give thanks for my magick is right there with Ocasta and Cessair, as well as Adsagsona. I have never prayed to any Gods other than Ocasta or the God of all. Another Goddess I ask of is Iris, the peacemaker, to bring peace and harmony into my life and my home.
    ~*~And unto the sky she raised her arms. A bolt of lightening reached down from the sky and came into her hand as a staff. The wind swirled and the stars showered sparks like diamonds on her hair. The moon smiled upon her, she who gave praise to the Goddess~*~

Re: a day late and a dollar short ;)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maia
    [B]ok i'm gonna chuck my 0.02 in here, even if i'm a little behind the times...

i also have a great respect for Athena - long story short, she dragged me kicking and screaming thru my GCSEs and to this day i believe my results sheet was Divinely written, because i did NOT in any way deserve the grades i got. i'll also never forget how She calmed one of my friends before our history GCSE...i was carrying a little pouch of crystals and an image of an owl, and i set them down with my friend and i was just like...breathe. she did and she aced the exam, instead of having the breakdown she was well on her way to earlier. said friend still reminds me of this every so often, and it makes me feel special, in a 'basking in reflected glory' kinda way lol.

I also have a great respect for Athena. For some reason, she really calms my nerves during stressful times. That's a good idea about carrying a pouch of crystals and an image of an owl. What kind of crystals do you associate with Athena? Also, I guess you can use an olive branch when working with Athena.

Lightbulb

I'm usually drawn to Posidon and Artemis. Oh, and this Goddess that I've been reading up on lately, her name is Mari (also goes by Miriam & Mariamne).

The Lord and Lady

to me the lord and lady are just that. The are the embodiement of parental and godly love.

The different gods and goddesses by all their differrent names are just different personas that the lord and lady adopt so as to make themselves more approachable to humankind....if that makes sense.

Each different goddess, for example, has various traits that stand out. These different traits are part of the make up of the lady.
    In shadows and storms

http://www.boomspeed.com/nebtanhai/shadowstormlight.gif

My matron...

I was chosen by The Morrigan many years ago, and I still walk as her child. I also work closely with Cerrounos, in his aspect as Herne the Hunter.

-M.
    INFP

MtoM Tarot reader; Not available for tarot requests right now.
    View my MtoM Reader Profile

for me

I am drawn to Asherah and El
    Blessings and Light

Gail

for me it is the goddess Arianrhod. I am of welsh backgroound so I tend to feel pulled towards the welsh deities.

I seem to be drawn to both Freyja, and Aphrodite. I've always been interested in Aphrodite - not sure why, but she's always seemed really fascinating. Then Freyja began calling me, as did other Norse deities, and I thought maybe I was meant to worship the Norse pantheon. But when I set up my Freyja altar, I found that both she and Aphrodite there. Not sure if I'm putting that right... I'm still confused.

Also, not really sure why love goddesses would have any interest in me - not like I have much of a love life - though maybe that's why.
    Meet Alex and Nicole , my adopted smilies!

'Maybe we could live without passion. But we'd be hollow; empty rooms, shuttered and dark. Without passion, we'd be truly dead.' Angelus

I've always been drawn to both the Celtic and the Norse pantheon. Loki really appeals to me, although I've never worked with him, and in the Irish pantheon I'm closely connected to the Morrigan. I don't know why, but perhaps it's the war aspect that intrigues me. Not war in the actual sense, but also in the figurative senses of struggling to achieve something. Come to think of it, a while back I kept getting strong images whenever I was in a situation that had even a remote chance of ending up fatal for me. Say I crossed the road. I'd get these really vivid visions of a car coming up and running over me, complete with blood and gore. It was certainly an... interesting experience, as it kept on happening for a long period, a two weeks to a month, I don't remember exactly. Since that experience, I have totally lost my fear of death, but my fascination with people who are terrified of dying has only grown. Perhaps that's the link? War <=> death?

A sea god for example would definately not be the right thing for me though, I love the water, but every time I swim in the sea and the place I'm swimming is deeper than 60 ft, I get this overwhelming feeling that I'm falling.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast