Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

Re: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

Originally posted by NebtAnhai
    And why do they call to you? How did you find out about them?
    I discovered Maihes through a good friend of mine. He is an obscure lion headed Netjer his uniqueness calls to me.
    Last edited by TaysatWesir; September 21st, 2004 at 11:23 PM.

Merry Meet all...

I really don't have any patron deities save 2...Freyja. It really hasn't been too long now since I realized that the path I walk is one I've been on all my life it seems. But as for choosing Freyja...it just sort of hit me. I was sitting thinking over a problem and just kind of out of the blue I asked her to give me some direction in the matter. It was more of her choosing me. Since then I've done some research on the norse gods...and the more I've learned about Freyja, the more I connect with her. Bast is another I am drawn to. Since a child, ancient Egypt has always facinated me. I've always liked cats. One night while one of the cats slept on my bed, I felt Bast's presence. I have always felt with the cats around she is watching and protecting me.

MM, Rhyla and Nef!

Nef, many people are into Egyptian deities here, so you should feel right at home. :D

Rhyla, Bast and Freyja are an interesting mix. Did you know that Freyja is associated with also? Yeah, she drives a chariot pulled by cats. I am like you. The more that I have learned about Freyja, the more I have connected with her. She is so powerful.

Yes I did know about cats being connected to Freyja. A friend of mine has a book on herbalology and the deities. Freyja (in the book) is also associated with healing. I do home health care for a living. So there too is a connection with her.

I'm new...

Hey all...I'm a newbie, and I had a question (if you don't mind...) In all the books and websites I read, there is reference to the Gods and Goddesses, and how Wiccans will "choose" one or more...but how do I learn more about these Deities? I have (as of yet) found no information to tell me anything about them...help please?

MM, Kuzui!

If you have any specific questions about the deities, you can ask them in this forum. Everyone here learns from questions. So if you have a question, just ask. People here are sure to help you out. There are some threads here on how people have formed a connection to the gods and goddesses.

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthrea...threadid=18585

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthrea...threadid=18624

Hopefully, these threads will help.

Last edited by Mnemosyne; August 26th, 2002 at 10:14 PM.

My god...

I have been chosen by Ares just recently, and it seemed odd to me to have the God of War for me, basically because I am a very calm and not violent person, but mostly I have become a scout for Him and I feel complete now, even more when I know that He is watching me

Anakin
    It brings the highest high and the lowest low, but everyone needs it...

ITs not exactly your choice... Often times it seems that people
    feel drawn to a particular god. something just clicks ya know? and if your drawn to an opposite like anakin their thats not suprising as it might seem. In that case they amek you.... whole their the yin for yang the body for your soul or whatever.

but then again sometimes people are drawn towards similar deites to their personalitys so hey just look around.
    -meet bob the boing

Tainted beauties have destroyed the hearts and minds of men, but the damned have only themselves to blame.

On my tombstone I want carved:
    He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

What do you do when youve forgotten how to cry, when tears are beyond you and anger cannot find you, when all you have left is pain and frustration where shall you turn?
    When life is hell, givem heck!
    \Enosiophobia or Enissophobia- Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism
    "some people say that things just happen...well, I say they're meant to be. If not made for someone who's broken, then I fear that these things werent made for me."

- Asthmorte

http://www.myspace.com/grey86

on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean
    i tend to call upon aphrodites a lot...i have always been facinated by her for some reason...even though she was jealous and spiteful...she answers me when i call her...i'm also drawn to athena...that's how i got my mystical name...several people told me that i should name myself athena because i'm a lot like her...

Me too! I feel like I have a lot in common with Athena. She has so many great attributes. Hhhmm, but sometimes, I don't feel like I have a lot in common with her, so I call on her for guidance. I don't really feel a connection with Aphrodite. Perhaps she could help me with my love life.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast