Thread: Who Is Your God/Goddess?

Cernunnos and Ix Chel
    Jax
    Born of the Earth

Warmed by the Fire of Love,

Cooled by the Rain of Reason,
    Inspired by the words on the Wind

Cool Merry Meet by the way!

I'm a newbie and forgot to introduce myself!

Cernunnos and Ix Chel both 'satisfy' certain parts of my heritage/blood lines as my ancesters are from here (UK/Canterbury, Kent.), Mexico, Ireland, and one line even being Romany! As with most of you, I didn't choose them, they called to me!

MM!
    )0(
    Last edited by Jax; September 21st, 2002 at 04:56 PM.
    Jax
    Born of the Earth

MM, Jax! That's an interesting mix of deities. I too like Cernunnos. I don't know about Ix though. What's this deity like? Perhaps you can teach us about Ix. It's fascinating how our heritage plays a part in our choices for gods and goddesses. There is thread here about heritage and deities that you might find informative.

BB

http://www.blueroebuck.com/Goddess/ix_chel.htm

Hi! Hope this helps??!! Ix is like most Goddesses, She doesn't represent just one thing but has lots of attributes. But, She is known as the Rainbow Goddess amongst other things! Also She is mostly connected with the phases of the Moon and sexuality (in all forms) along with Female Rites of Passage.

Bright Blessings!
    )0(
    Jax
    Born of the Earth

The Goddess

but the aspects that are most vibrant in my soul are Eris, Bast, Hephaestus, Cernunnos and Hanuman.

Eris influences almost every aspect of my life.

Bast holds my heart, my connection to animals, and my ten cats.

Hephaestus influences my solitude, my craftsmanship, and my sorrow.

Cernunnos is my dark sexuality, my warrior spirit, my love of wilderness, and my role as defender of women.

Hanuman influences my compassion, mercy, my desire to serve and my devotion to the Goddess.
    Last edited by Gwion; September 22nd, 2002 at 01:48 AM.

A whole gang of gods

Even before I "discovered" paganism, I was drawn to Hecate. Once I made the switch, it was as if she had been waiting for me. She is in my dreams and my soul often.

I have also had other goddesses show up when I needed to learn something from them. Pele taught me a great deal about controlling my temper (think lava flow!) and how to laugh at myself. Lilith taught me that sometimes it's okay, and important even, to be a b*tch. Vesta and I worked together a lot when I was looking for and buying a house. (She's got an altar in the kitchen as a way of saying thanks that I got the house.)

Bast is always with me. I have a bunch of cats, so she's a part of the house! (I have a little altar for the kitties to go to and worship. They run to Her whenever they've been naughty.)

I find that Gods show up in my life less often than Goddesses. I usually have to seek out the Gods. Being an RN, I have a warm spot for Asclepius. And nobody protects like Papa Odin!

I find it interesting that, although I am of predominantly Celtic background, I am not much drawn to Celtic deities, although I have done some work with Danu. My soul seems to wander from pantheon to pantheon, and feels at home wherever it winds up!

is offline The king of Hair Metal reigns again!

My Patron God and Goddess are....

Cernunnos and Kerridwen...I have always been drawn the the Celtic Pantheon( my heritage). But, i didn't choose them; they chose me. Pretty Much had to hit me with a "silly stick" to get me to see them. Since they have been my patrons, my life has done a complete 180 turnaround for the better!

Peace, Love, and all those warm fuzzy feelings,
    Shadowulfe
    special thanks to WarriorZhanna for making me a sweet banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Parker View Post
    banned for being the first to ban himself.......

http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59175883

Usually found running NAKIE with Smckim, EN & Gypsy Flower! :cheers:

Wink All is good!

Originally posted by Valnorran
    Being of Celtic descent, I think of the Goddess as Danu, the All-Mother. Gods are a bit trickier. I find that no matter how much I might admire certain male figures, I simply cannot bow down to them. I'm not sure why I'm like that. I speculate it is due to my father dying when I was very young (in fact, I don't even remember him) and being raised by my mother. Submitting to a woman makes perfect sense to me. Submitting to a man, however, is an utterly alien concept to me. I tried visualizing God as an animal, for there are many that I love and admire, but that didn't work either. I ran into difficulty with that because I'm capable of destroying any animal I can think of. I wouldn't, but theoretically, I could. Makes it difficult for me to see it as my Lord. Then I fell back on a lifelong obsession of mine - dragons. From my earliest days that I can recall I've loved and admired dragons as creatures of vast power, knowledge, and wisdom, so I view my Lord as a great, regal dragon.
    Thank you for sharing this. Remember faith is not ment to force you to "bow down" to any particular God, we pray to our Goddess and Gods out of love and respect. Let no one force you to do something you feel goes against your will, this is when a religion becomes a cult. What ever you do, do it with love in your hart and it cant go wrong - I would like to leave you with a quote form another site " All began in love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom and the great revealer of mysteries.
    Starhawk"

Gentel Breezes

Stephen
    Last edited by TYPEC80; October 9th, 2002 at 12:55 AM.
    Of all the things I have lost, its my mind I miss the most.

The Universe

I am one of those Pagan Folk who do not have a God or A Goddess. I see the Universe as a living being which we are all a part. However, I do see the primary life force of the Universe to be female; that is about as close as I come to having a "Goddess."

Blue
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
    How we deal with death and loss is just as important as how we deal with life and success.
    BlueCat's Den

I don't have any specific God or Goddess yet.
    Right now all I do is refer to them as The Creator.
    Although I am leaning towards the Celtic dieties.

SilverMoon Dragon
    Unen zurhenees yoslov [Greeting you with a true heart]
    Izbranniki Dukhov [Chosen By the Spirits]

Path: Native American/Shaman/Healer/Seer
    Healer: 1st Degree Reiki certified
    Divination: Beginner Tarot Reader
    Specialize in: Herbs and Crystals
    Hobbies: Writing, Basketweaving, Beading

Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast