Thread: Creating a Personal Deck

Creating a Personal Deck

I've been working on a personal deck for some time, on and off, based on a set of my own characters. I use these characters because I'm so familiar with them and by associating them with a particular card (and in researching the card during the process of creation), it will help me better recall the meanings and symbolism.

I'm still in the association stages, and I'm finding it quite challenging. There are a few conflicts due largely to conflicting meanings that I've read here and there. I have to decide which character best embodies a particular card before I get into the art process, or else I'll end up with trouble later.

So, since I've recently been talking about the Devil, and had it come up last month in a number of readings, it got me to thinking about who I'm associating with the Devil in my personal deck. I realize that I might have chosen the wrong character.

The character I picked is "R" but I'm beginning to think that the one I should have picked is "E" who I, previously, associated with the Death card. Both of these characters are similar, but where "R's" association with bondage/addiction/etc is one where he exclusively creates that situation for others, "E's" association is that he imposes these things on himself more than on others (which, for me, is more the idea that usually presents itself with the Devil card).

And before you say anything, I DO have the Devil's other attributes in mind when I choose these character. Both R and E are powerful individuals with great ambition, highly sexual, charismatic, and both have a penchant for sensual and physical pleasure (E more so than R, which is another reason I'm considering the change).

So, does the change of character make sense based on what I've said?
    Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Sounds like "The Devil" could really be represented by BOTH these people - there are 2 tied-up individuals on the traditional card, & they seem to represent BOTH sides of the Devil's nature. If you know what I mean.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by blackroseivy View Post
    Sounds like "The Devil" could really be represented by BOTH these people - there are 2 tied-up individuals on the traditional card, & they seem to represent BOTH sides of the Devil's nature. If you know what I mean.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, it does, actually. And incorporating both might offer a different but interesting version of the Devil. I should probably meditate on that card a while.

Whatever you are doing sounds FASCINATING - let us in on it when you can!

Quote Originally Posted by blackroseivy View Post
    Whatever you are doing sounds FASCINATING - let us in on it when you can!
    Thanks! I will.

I can understand the difficulties in creating a personal deck - mine was based on what I saw in meditations, still not complete but making steady progress - so when you are creating some of the images can be quite confronting.... I have one of them on my personal page, The Empress

Yticilef