Thread: Space reserved for "I Tarocchi: The Deck"

Cool Space reserved for "I Tarocchi: The Deck"

It's my entirely gold-leafed, hand-painted deck. I have ideas for an exhibit of larger paintings whose compositions would be those of this deck only adapted, called "I Tarocchi" - so I call this "The Deck" to keep them distinct.

I'm using egg-tempera, going the Old Master's route. Front & back are gold-leafed.

The back is stamped with a genuinely Med/Ren design - I believe it is adapted from a floor-tile.

They are being created from 1 of those "create-your-own-deck" decks; it is laminated, which gives a wonderful surface for the gold (though I don't recommend painting directly on it - but on gold leaf SHOULD be ok, it's been done since the earliest Dark Ages of the Middle Ages with egg tempera!).

I have The Fool done, & a card I did for Shatril as an extra (the 8 of Coins). I will post what I have when I get back home. (At the 'rent's for the weekend!)

Sorry about the waste of space at the moment here... I can't really pursue this wonderful deck until my resources are improved! (Gold leaf is MUY EXPENSIVO...)
    Last edited by blackroseivy; January 11th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Banner...???

Hehe I Figgered It Out!! :D :D :D

This is going to be a LONG in-the-works project, I have to be able to afford the gold leaf + it takes FOREVER for the dratted paint to really cure - so, watch out because I will slowly be showing results in this space.

Oh - I can at least post what I do have done.