Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapping Mars Retrograde 2007

Mapping Mars Retrograde 2007

Hi All,

Mars is about to go retrograde which it does every 2.5 years. Mars is not subtle and Mars retrogrades are often dramatic times for whatever part of your scope they happen in. Please share your experiences with this Mars RX here. Where is 12* Cancer in your scope (post your chart if you don't know and we will tell you) and also where is Gen 23*. Mars has just gone over this ground and now Mars is going to go BACK over it. From November 15 to January 30 2008, we will be stalled in some sense.

On November 15, 2007, Mars reaches his retrograde station, in preparation for a period of retrograde motion which will last until January 30th, 2008. On top of that, the effects of the retrograde period will continue to be felt until he returns in direct motion on April 4th, 2008 to the degree where he first made his station (12° Cancer 27'). The first beginnings of the effect take place from October 20, as Mars begins to slow, so prepare for issues to cloud, especially if you have strong Cardinal Sign placements in your chart. The Cardinal Signs are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

RedRose

13°Cancer is in my 9th house, with no planets within that area. It is within 2° of my MC. This aught to be interesting. Wonder what I'm gonna take on here. MUH! Was thinking of going back to university, hummm wouldn't be a bit surprise to see that started here. That would be about the time that this comes along for Winter Session.

and since it has been in it's retrograde zone toward the retrograde station, it isn't surprising to find me THINKING about it. However, things are coming at me so fast that I can't quite get my arms around it. I guess that stuff will cease at the retrograde station, and I can take a breath and get my arms around what needs to happen to get back into university. That is nice to think about.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; November 3rd, 2007 at 01:59 PM.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Hi Shantril,

We are both taking on facilitating this Mystic Wicks Astrology salon right before Mars goes Retro too. This Mars RX happens in my 3rd and 2nd Houses - not nearly as dramatic as having it tickle your Midheaven. Looking forward to watching how this plays out for you.

Last Mars RX happened right on my Ascendant and rehashed my 12th House. It was a testing time to say the least. Mars RX over the angles are more difficult and/or wonderful. Circumstances beyond our control are common, of course - "fated events" or being forced to stop, or vacation!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    From: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...retrograde.php

The best way to use the Mars retrograde period is to make plans, to work on details and then to wait the end of this period in order to materialize them. People should relax, study, take care of their health, do some yoga exercises or practice other techniques that use the internal or spiritual energy. The keyword of the period is patience. One just has to wait for it to pass in order to gets things done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Generally Mar RX is NOT a good time to start anything. Either start something before Mars turns and then nurse it quietly during the retrograde - or prepare quietly during the retrograde and then start something come Spring.

RedRose

Friends,

On September 15 07 Mars was at 23* Gemini. What was happening for you then? Now, two months later, Mars is going to stop and slowly rewind...back to 23* Gemini on January 30, 08. Then you will start again, after a profound period of studying up, changing, waiting, transforming, coping, dealing, or relaxing.... Again, Mars RX is not subtle. Sometimes big things happen on the "outer" and sometimes it "hits" the inner. Mars is the planet of war so global events could erupt too.

RedRose

So planning and getting all the ducks in a row for going back to university is an expected activity for this retrograde, as long as I don't make the step across the threshold of the building until after Jan 30. :rollingla Gosh I hope it isn't a vacation, RIGHT. :rollingla

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Greetings Shatril,

I just got accepted for Winter Quarter; going back to university myself! The first day of class is Jan 9, 08...still in MarsRX of course. The other big thing that has been setting up for this Mars RX has been a change in housemates. Again, Mars is backtracking through my 3rd and 2nd Houses. Mars conjunct Midheaven means you will be popular, get some radio play, or the like? Any clues about that - beyond becoming the MW Astrology hostess?

Can't precisely plan for the unexpected, other than to stay loose and trust the process.

BUT look what I found! A site that looks at Mars RX transits!

http://www.cafeastrology.com/transit...etrograde.html

RedRose

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    Greetings Shatril,

I just got accepted for Winter Quarter; going back to university myself! The first day of class is Jan 9, 08...still in MarsRX of course. The other big thing that has been setting up for this Mars RX has been a change in housemates. Again, Mars is backtracking through my 3rd and 2nd Houses. Mars conjunct Midheaven means you will be popular, get some radio play, or the like? Any clues about that - beyond becoming the MW Astrology hostess?

Can't precisely plan for the unexpected, other than to stay loose and trust the process.

BUT look what I found! A site that looks at Mars RX transits!

RedRose

Oh crap, giving a paper at a technical conference in that time frame. Airtime. Hummm, hopefully it will result in some good work for me.

Yeah, I found that site, but not that particular post. So much to learn, so little time.

HEHEHEHE.

Shatril

It is November 8th and Mars is moving slow about to turn around and rewind, November 15, 2007. What issues are up for you right now? In this last week before Mars goes RX, try to tie up loose ends and clear up any misunderstandings. If your car needs to get fix, fix it this week. Winterize, and stock in supplies best you can. Forgive yourself and others, make amends, return library books, do that favor you have been putting off, express you appreciation of jobs well done, and so forth.

RedRose

How can you determine where these things are in your chart right now?

(she says, a little overwhelmed with all the info available and a lil lost)
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Hi RainInana,

Mars crossed your Decendent (far right of point of scope) around Sept 15 and it has been in your 7th House. On Nov. 15 it turns and heads back to your Descendent until it gets there, January 30, 08. Then it goes forward again and you move past it all come April.

This has to do with relationship. Anything happen in that realm around Sept. 15?

Mars Stationary Retrograde in 7th House (Nov. 15)
    Partnership struggles and confrontations can come as a result of frustration and working at cross-purposes during this period. It's important to remember that you're not the only one trying hard. Give all the respect possible to what your partner puts in, even if it seems to fail, and hope that you get the same generous treatment. In this time it's trying, not necessarily succeeding, that counts -- and going back to the drawing board together can be equally as bonding as getting it right on the first try. It's not just what you accomplish, it's what you help each other work through, that cements the bonds of the heart.

Mars Stationary Direct in 7th House (Jan, 30)
    Allowing your partner(s) to take the helm may not have worked out so well recently, but be of good cheer, as the future looks brighter ahead. Your patience with others will begin to pay off as they get in tune with your efforts and you can genuinely share the mutual effort. This may require some decision-making and putting more of your eggs into a single basket to make a commitment strong enough to pay off. Focus on the few, not the many, but keep a watch eye out for those who will be of future value and keep their numbers in your back pocket for a rainy day.

RedRose

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast