Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapping Mars Retrograde 2007

November 13 2007 - Mars is slow now about to turn around, on Nov. 15. What issues are UP? Get last minute things handled, because the energy is going to change and feel more "out of our control", especially delays, waiting, rehashing, tightening, recuperating, reassessing. Anything that falls away, just let it go. Let people go to, if they wish to go. Since this Mars RX happens over the holidays, make this season as simple and pure and real as you can. Help those who are worse off than you are.

RedRose

Thanks. I was trying to think of how that could fit but it really just doesn't right now.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

RainInanna and all,

Keep us posted. Happy, or otherwise unforseen, surprises are the usual thing during Mars, RX times. Mars in Cancer has to do with home andf family for everyone. Mars can light the Yule log as bright and cozy as we have ever known, or Mars can blow things up some. Both are possible.

I found out today that a career path that I have been exploring vigorously for almost two years is a definate, "No go." That is disappointing but now my way seems clear. Plan B is beckoning me. And I just got through writing that anything that goes at this time, let it go! So bye bye all that work and hope, oh well. Bye!

RedRose

I'm rather new to the field of astrology but I've been doing a bit of study.

I'm still not fully to grips with this whole business of finding out where everything is on the chart so I'm not sure how this retrograde is effecting me. Well other than the rather bad temper I seem to have developed in this last week that has no justification what so ever. It's rather good I live alone since my temper with my close family and friends has been more than a little harsh of late. I normally have a very long fuse so this is not at all like me.

I will attach my natal chart in the hope that someone with a bit more understanding can enlighten me further on how this retrograde might be effecting me
    Last edited by Branwen_Yr_Hardd; November 13th, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
    "Adversity brings knowledge, and knowledge wisdom. - Welsh Proverb.

Branwen_Yr_Hardd,

Thanks for posting your chart. Mars is turning around in your Fourth House and traveling back over your Nadir (bottom angle of your scope) into your 3rd House.

From http://www.cafeastrology.com/transit...etrograde.html

Mars Stationary Retrograde in 4th House (Nov. 15)

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will much else be during this period. For you, getting the foundations right will be the most important achievement, but you may have to try, try again before that becomes a done deal. Getting your inner priorities right so you don't start off half-cocked is really important, so think it through and consider all the repercussions before you take action. Even then, be willing to patiently rework it if need be. The test of success here is not a hot launch, but seeing it all safely home in the end. And remember, others are involved and can throw you off, so be careful.

Mars Stationary Direct in 3rd House (Jan 30, 0

You are pulling out of a period that may have involved a lot of pointless thrashing about, mixed efforts involving multiple channels that required more effort than they were worth. That was unavoidable, but as you finally select who you want to deal with and what ideas to run with you'll find that you can pick up speed and really put the pedal to the metal. The key concept here is focus, as the greater pressure you apply in the area of your choice, the greater your acceleration will be. This will lead to forward developments in your bottom line and a clearer idea of what you stand for when day is done.

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; November 14th, 2007 at 08:37 AM.

Here is an interesting article about this Mars RX 2007 in Cancer that applies to everyone:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/marsretrograde.html

When Mars is in its retrograde cycle, we are forced to re-assess our current projects, our approach to getting what we want, and our desire nature. Rather than directly asserting our desires, we tend towards introspection. While Mars is retrograde in the already introspective sign of Cancer, this tendency is emphasized. As well, we are likely to experience smoldering anger rather than direct and healthy expressions or outlets for frustrations. In Cancer for the most part, the sign of the crab, we tend to become more pensive and cautious, taking our time to reach our goals. If we push ahead impulsively anyhow, we run into problems, obstacles, and frustrations. Cancer rules our inner foundations as well as outer ones--our homes, domestic affairs, and relationships with family. As such, we may need to re-assess our approach to our home lives. Circumstances are likely to be such that we feel forced to do so. We are apt to feel some frustration or anxiety about our basic sense of comfort and security--our roots-- and with regards to the development of our domestic affairs. Projects may not get off the ground as planned, perhaps due to hesitation, caution, and fear of taking risks. For some of the retrograde period, Mars is retrograde in Gemini, stalling intellectual and mental initiatives.

Health issues may be a factor (especially in areas ruled by Cancer and Gemini--the lungs and stomach), and accidents a possibility throughout the Mars retrograde period. Avoid pushing matters or throwing yourself into something new.

Motives may be hard to discern for others' actions. As we consider and re-consider our actions and initiatives, we can be more indecisive than usual. Sexuality is stronger and more intense, but its outward expression may be less spontaneous than usual.

Any planet that is retrograde is an especially strong and dominant energy in our lives during the retrograde period. Because it is closest to the earth during the cycle, the energy of the planet, while dominant, is more challenging to harness in a controlled, conscious manner. This can lead to irrational behaviors and reactions, particularly since Mars rules action and initiative. Wherever you find Mars transiting your chart during the retrograde period, you could be especially preoccupied with the affairs associated with that house and/or planet. Some of us experience a lessening of interest, initiative, and enthusiasm in these areas of life during the retrograde cycle, particularly as Mars begins to slow down (in October 2007). While Mars is "moving backwards" (from November 15/07 to January 30/0, there could be some backtracking in these areas, perhaps even some losses. It's a period of review. Working on long-term projects has better results than entirely new projects.

Here is an excellent, though more advanced, article about this moment in 2007 with Saturn in Virgo while Mars in Cancer goes RX back into Gemini:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Saturn-in-...ncer&id=614709

For Branwen it says:

Saturn’s transit thru Virgo in the 6th house has everything to do with health, pets and your everyday work. If you have Virgo on the 6th, it tells me that you are very precise about your work and that you enjoy detail. This would also say the same for health matters. You are probably a stickler for proper dietary patterns. This is all about redefining your work and health. Think your work will stay the same during the next 2 years? I don’t think so….Watch how you take on new work habits and health habits during this cycle.

Gemini on the 3rd does produce a talker and with Mars in this sector, you will be talking, talking, talking. Look for Mars to accelerate your communications with brothers and sisters, community issues and issues that have to do with where you work. Delays or a change of mind can come after November 15, 2007 as Mars goes retrograde. Keep matters light until the direct motion of Mars on January 30th, 2008.

For Shatril:

Saturn in the 12th house seems to scare some people; however it is really all about preparing for Saturn in the 1st house and a new 28 year cycle. The 12th house represents the past, the subconscious, hospitals or institutions. This is a time to let go of the baggage you have been carrying with you for the last 20 years. You may find that you need to get rid of stuff that has accumulated in your home that takes up valuable space. Same with the subconscious, its time to purge. You will feel like stripping off anything that has no meaning in your life. It is important to feel free of the past and anything that drags along with it.

Mars starts to enter your 9th house of education, legal matters, foreign affairs and philosophy in early August. Mars wants to upset the matters of this house in order to find out what is outdated and not useful. You may find yourself immersed in legal matters, or mesmerized by education or traveling too far of places. This Mars transit is important and will redefine matters of your 9th house. An important date to watch is November 15, 2007 and Jan. 30th 2008. This period can bring in a delay or you may change direction. Stay light until Jan. 30th 2008. Then move forward without interruption.

For Rain Innana:

Saturn in Virgo in the 10th house of career indicates that you have reached a high point in your career. You will be looking at redefining it during this current Saturn cycle of 2 years. If you have planets in this house, it will be more exacting. This is a time when you start to yearn for challenges and look at the possibilities for your future. You will see that you can go no farther without making some adjustments. Any thoughts you might have had about another career option will surface and need attention.

Mars transiting the 7th house of partnerships brings with it a couple of bumps in the road, especially, when you deal with relationships, partnerships, and the general public. You will find that some upsets that have to be dealt with may change your agreements with relationships or partnerships. The 7th house is a personal house, so this will be personal; however, it will leave you in a better position for the direction you are contemplating. The interesting period here will be November 15, 2007 when you start to internalize your decisions. Go easy and do not make any plans that are set in stone until Jan. 30th. 2008.

RedRose

Wow, while I horsed around with this information, Red Rose was posting 3 times. Good God/dess, whe is prolific today. This is still some good stuff but hardly of the caliber presented by RedRose. I got locked into seeing what was going on there with the retrogrades and such, it was fun.

Branwen,

Right now Mars is in Cancer in your 4th house, and has been slowing down to his retrograde station. This might explain the temper with those in your family and close friends. Cancer will then retrograde tomorrow, and retrace his steps back through Cancer and hit your IC around Dec 18-19, 2007 and then pass into Gemini on New Years Day then hits is direct station on Jan 30, 2008 at about 245' of Gemini, and goes direct. Around March 19, 2008 it will make a pass over you IC again as it retraces its steps back through the signs.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; November 14th, 2007 at 09:48 AM.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Shatril,

Got to get all this information about Mars RX posted before it makes it great turn tonight just after Midnight! After that, I am not posting again until Mars goes direct again, Jan 30, 2008! I will be lounging on my fainting couch instead.

Kidding, of course!

You have any planets aspected during this Mars RX time?

RedRose

Mars conjuncts Pluto, Venus and MC. He will have a loose oppose Jupiter. I'm too lazy right now to figure out the other angles. Maybe tomorrow. I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast