Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Did Moses Use Alien Technology to Part the Red Sea?

There has been little in any biblical text which has been scientifically proven, or is even testable. Some general themes and ideas are correct given the context in which it is written but very little can be taken from it.

Personally given the current evidence I will hold the bible and other Christian/Jewish texts as the same as I view Mythology from Greeks, Romans, and Every other miraculous myth across history.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Stimpson View Post
    It depends. Myth is never usually just fiction, there is always some kernel of truth in there somewhere. What that is, is debatable. I think it would be a fallacy to say something is entirely fictional when people and places can be placed in the context of the real or historical world.

Then again, I'm not saying that I believe the myth because there is evidence to suggest that Jews were never slaves in Egypt and did not build the major Pyramids as slaves.
    Yeah the Hebrews were/are real, the Egyptians were/are real, the Red sea was/is real, the Pyramids were/are real - beyond these basic facts (and maybe a few additional but largely superficial facts), the story is fictional.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

The story itself is probably fictional, as already stated here.

I've always wondered, too, why aliens from another planet, galaxy, solar system...would care about what's going on on another planet. The idea and/or explination is just silly.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3