Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Witchcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Semjaza View Post
    Hey,

Just a random note: British Traditional Witchcraft (or BTW) is commonly used to refer to forms of Wicca derived from Gardner (ie. Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Mohsian, Central Valley, some Blue Star, etc). For info on these, your best bet is to join the Yahoo! group Amber and Jet to try and find a coven.

Non- or Pre- Gardnerian witchcraft (Traditional Witchcraft, which also includes Traditional Initiatory Witchcraft) usually deals with Robert Cochrane's work, but also can include Andrew Chumbley's stuff and many others. Hedgewytchery.com is the best site for info, and Meadows of Elfhame is good too. What a list of links, David!

Hope this clarifies (rather than muddies) things a bit.

Cheers,

Semjaza
    Glad you like the links .

I don't know if what I'm apart of could be considered traditional witchcraft. I'm more than half German, Pennsylvania Dutch, and I have several folk healers in the family closet (along with several skeletons that my Aunt forgot to bury, lol). The practice of Pow-Wow was limited only to men so I think that I'm the first female to actual attempt to train myself in doing the Lord's work (Pow-Wow's use God, Jesus, Mary, and the Holy Ghost in their practices and they are devote Christians). Like one person said each tradition is different.

It's great that you signed up and I hope that your training goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefalle View Post
    Great links, Juniper, thanks! I registered at Traditional Witchcraft - beautiful web design there. Shadow Drake looks very interesting, as well. The first link, however (traditionalwitch.net)....I don't know, for some reason it sets off something in my head that tells me not to bother.
    Its actually a really good site and lots of information. They don't put up with BS though and if you consider yourself a Wiccan, do.not.go.there. lol, they will not accept you to begin with and if you post as a guest and let them know you are Wiccan, you wont like what you get. Heh.

Trad. Witchcraft is not a religion, its a way of life. You couldn't call it a culture as you are likely not going to find any Trad. Witches who all practices the same. No two are alike at all and alot of information is usually passed down in families or person/person.

There is a good article on one Trad. Witches POV on Trad. Witchcraft. http://www.traditionalwitch.net/foru...-by-startella/

Totally agree. The problem with Wiccans, and I hope that I don't get a infraction, is that they believe that Wicca is the same as witchcraft. Give me a break! Witchcraft was around during Greek times, look at Circe and Media. They were witches, not stinking Wiccans. Oh I signs up for Traditional Witch and I can't wait to start posting and getting some dang good information. I need to get away from the Wicca fluff.

Note: I hope that I got Jason's wife's name right. I hate getting names wrong.

herbal_legends Guest
    I'm also a member of traditionalwitch.net.....under the same username. Though I don't go on there as often.
    Forewarning, they don't like seeing the word "Wicca" on their site at all.....comparing and contrasting it is even looked down upon.

Hay, Herbal, why do you think I signed up? I want to be around people that don't use the word Wicca. I just hope that my putting down Wiccan Together and Paganspace isn't going to hurt my chances of joining.

I dont think it will, it shouldn't at least.

And what is wrong with paganspace? :P I like it

There's nothing wrong with paganspace, I've got several groups on that sight. Just making a worried comment, that's all. I hope I do get a chance to be on.

One question: Can I start posting or do I have to wait to be approved? If I've read this on their site then I forgot.

Some areas are open to guests to post in and some are closed.

I'm also on the site(O_o). It is a great information source and a nice place to get away from the fluff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast