Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Witchcraft

True, oh so true, but the thing that I'm learning here is that we can all say that we're not Wiccans but witches and start pointing out those reason and then the Wiccans will come and start attacking us. It happened on another thread. Everyone was talking about why their witches and not Wiccans and I got accused of bashing Wiccans by Wiccans. I guess they forgot to read that Witchcraft isn't the same as Wicca.

Of course that could only be my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    True, oh so true, but the thing that I'm learning here is that we can all say that we're not Wiccans but witches and start pointing out those reason and then the Wiccans will come and start attacking us. It happened on another thread. Everyone was talking about why their witches and not Wiccans and I got accused of bashing Wiccans by Wiccans. I guess they forgot to read that Witchcraft isn't the same as Wicca.

Of course that could only be my view.
    That is not what I saw and its generally frowned upon to carry drama from thread to thread.

Anyways, I'm not a witch but I aspire to be.

I wasn't doing drama I was following the thread. Others said that their witches and not Wiccans and I agreed. It just turned into a drama.

Just giving you a heads up in case a mod comes in and sees and disagrees.

Anyways, when I signed up to that site I had to go through a waiting process before I could join but then lost interest and never got to the main boards, unfortunately. May have to take a peek again.

Under the Moon Dancing along the Hedgerow
    So, back to Traditional Witchcraft... it is my understanding the TW is an umbrella term that covers Green/ Hedge/ Kitchen Witchery..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

herbal_legends Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Moon View Post
    it is my understanding the TW is an umbrella term that covers Green/ Hedge/ Kitchen Witchery..

It also covers Pow-Wow as well. However I'm thumbs up to all greeny witches and Hedgewitches. Got to love those witchy people .

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Moon View Post
    So, back to Traditional Witchcraft... it is my understanding the TW is an umbrella term that covers Green/ Hedge/ Kitchen Witchery..
    It's basically everything that's not neo-paganism. It's all the magic and cunning ways that came long before Gardner is the easist way to put it.

Under the Moon Dancing along the Hedgerow
    Quote Originally Posted by kagekarasu View Post
    It's basically everything that's not neo-paganism. It's all the magic and cunning ways that came long before Gardner is the easist way to put it.

Well, can't argue with that... sounds like my cup of tea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm just confused. Does that include all indiginous religions and reconstructionist paths as well? Just trying to learn.

Or is it limited to witchcraft - religion only?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast