Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Asked What's Her Favorite Jewelry

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer

Hillary Asked What's Her Favorite Jewelry

Link

At last night’s Democratic presidential debate, the candidates faced questions on Pakistan, trade policy, and merit pay for teachers. So how did it come to pass that, at the close of the debate, Senator Hillary Clinton was asked what sort of jewelry she liked?

“Do you prefer diamonds or pearls?” Maria Luisa Parra-Sandoval, one of several audience members who posed questions, asked her.

“I want both,” Mrs. Clinton replied to laughter.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

If you go and read the article, the woman who asked the question felt "used" that she was only allowed to ask that question of Clinton. She had previously submitted three other more substantial questions and had all of them rejected by CNN.

And as for Hillary's answer, I think that's probably fair - I mean, I want both, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They ended the Republican debate with a question on baseball. It seems they are determined to end on a funny topic.

I really think that's the media outlet whose setting up the debates doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Maybe its just me but...so what?
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

This sort of aggravates me. It's a question that would never be asked of a male candidate, and will in some way be used against her.
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Why was that even a question submitted? I mean okay so her other questions were rejected and that was the least objectionable one - who cares if the woman wants diamonds or pearls - is it going to make a difference in how she intends to run the country. Oh wait, diamonds means she will have a hard foreign policy stance and pearls indicates that she is for welfare reform right?

ack ack ack *gets off soapbox and walks away grumbling*

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer
    The fact she wants both means she is greedy. The correct answer would be she would donate them to the poor.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Thank the Goddess that's out of the way, now we can all vote for Clinton with a clear conscience.

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    The fact she wants both means she is greedy. The correct answer would be she would donate them to the poor.
    It does? I wouldn't mind having both.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast