Thread: Have you ever seen the (A) Black Tower?

Have you ever seen the (A) Black Tower?

Preface: please don't take this into a thread on LOTR.

Ok, about nine or ten years ago I worked with a young sailor that used to talk about the black tower he would see at times. It would appear to him at any time or any place. If he ever went inside he never said but he did talk of "Black Men" from the tower that he would wake up and find standing at the foot of his bed. Sometimes he felt threatened by them other times they were just thier. Now I never really went into any indepth conversations with him about it but we did speak of it quite a bit.

On many a mid watch (10 PM - 6 AM) we would stand out back under the lights and he would tell me things he saw and how the tower always came into play for him. Sometimes I could sense things moving in the mountain darkness on the ridge lines and such. Never could tell what it was but always felt it / them.

I had not really given any though to the Tower for a number of years until a few days ago. As I was driving home I caught the tower out of the corner of my eye. I was driving up the mountain and the tower seemed to be sitting on the top of the mountain ridge and rose high into the sky. Almost looked like a needle sticking up.

I though at first it was just a flash or something as I had the setting sun in my eyes. Yet a few moments latter I caught it in my side vision again, only this time it held longer and seemed more real. I could actually look fully upon it and it shimmered their for a moment or two then vanished. The third time was just a shimmering image that never fully materialized.

I would normally write it off as imagination or something but it was the same general locale I had seen lights appear in and dance about before they vanished. On that occasion I had stopped in the dark and actually watched them for a few moments. The lights floated back and forth then rose into the night sky. The shadow of the mountain dark against the horizion as the lights floated about then drifted back down to shimmer then vanish.

So now I have the talks from those days in my mind and the imagery of the Tower coming back. Still don't know what it is or why it should appear to me, but it has done so.

Now i've heard of the blackmen and have dealt with something like them but this is not the same as those incidents. But its not a part of my path so not really sure how to look at it.

So I wonder, has anyone else seen this tower?

I have never seen a tower. But Dalores Ashcrot - Nowicki, in her book Magical Thought Forms talks of a glass or crystal tower.

Disclaimer: In your story, you didn't even sense anything until someone else told you it was there. It's completely possible that you weren't sensing anything but what you were looking for. I don't know why it'd randomly come up after so many years... I can think of one or two flimsy psychological reasons but I'm going to proceed under the assumption that you weren't just being hopeful. This isn't meant to be offensive, it's just that I'm a realist with magic and I question my own experience a lot, too. It's nothing personal.

It could be a few things. Symbolism is the language magic, which is what makes omens possible in the first place. Their meaning, however, can change. Do you assign special meaning to the color black, or the material of the tower, or to towers in general? Note also its affinity for seaside locations. Lighthouses and watchtowers come to mind. Did this other sailor practice magic? (Being a military bloke myself, I know that we can believe in strange things without actually doing anything magically active.) What were you doing exactly when the imagery came crashing back to you? How were you feeling?

It could be a manifestation of something inside you, or it could be a sympathetic connection with another place, cosmologically speaking. If you feel comfortable after analyzing the situation, I'd suggest a meditation with a trusted "trip guru" (haha, drug analogy) to go investigate. You can always knock if you feel comfortable with what might open the door.

Just thoughts.
    <3, Ham
    "Truth is outside of all patterns." -Bruce Lee

Hamelyn wrote:

In your story, you didn't even sense anything until someone else told you it was there. It's completely possible that you weren't sensing anything but what you were looking for. I don't know why it'd randomly come up after so many years
    No i've never sensed anything like the tower before. Yet it was our talking about things that I had sensed in the area that eventually got the story of the tower to come out. The actual thing that got the discussion going was that I have always felt something moving up and down the high ridge line. It was always dark and very earthly in sensation and moved at night.

I won't say evil for that is not accurate. It's actually rather difficult to put into words as it touches upon many feelings and such but no words give it a true sense or representaiton of what it felt - feels like.

ON the day this happened I actually wasn't feeling anything or trully thinking about anything. I was driving up the moutain and was in the section where the sun is in your eyes and the road twists and turns.

Do you assign special meaning to the color black, or the material of the tower, or to towers in general
    Not that I am aware of. The only thing I assign to black is that it is the result of all colors being brough together. Where white is the absence of things black is the inclusion of things.

Did this other sailor practice magic
    Actually I do not recall us ever talking about magic or the practice of it.

What were you doing exactly when the imagery came crashing back to you? How were you feeling?
    As I said I was driving home from work. I do recall being tired and my back was hurting. I have an old spinal compression fracture and injury that hurts after sitting for a while and that day it was hurting. But honestly, it was no different pain and emotional wise than any other day.

suggest a meditation with a trusted "trip guru" (haha, drug analogy
    I entered the Navy in 1978 so I had a waiver. Never did heavy stuff but I can relate to the trip guru. Sounds like good advice only where I am at thier are not to many non-Christians so being a loner is pretty much my path now days.

You can always knock if you feel comfortable with what might open the door.
    Actually tried to find it so I could but have not seen it again in the physical, Astral or dream time since. I did wonder a bit if it was not a flash that the younger sailor might have been speaking about me to another and that was the imagery used to let me know. Of course no way to verify that so its assumption at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
    The only thing I assign to black is that it is the result of all colors being brough together. Where white is the absence of things black is the inclusion of things.

Slightly off topic, but that's fairly unique. Most of the people I speak with about colors regard white as unity and black as absence, due to "white" light being a combination of all colors. I can see where you're coming from, from a mixing paint kind of angle, though.

I don't really have any other thoughts about the tower thing. Sorry.
    "Truth is outside of all patterns." -Bruce Lee

Anything going on in your life like changes? Do you feel that you need a bit more strength or help right now? Or is something on the horizon about to happen?

Hamelyn wrote:

Most of the people I speak with about colors regard white as unity and black as absence, due to "white" light being a combination of all colors. I can see where you're coming from, from a mixing paint kind of angle, though

I think my perspective of black and white was re-enforced by an incident that occured while I was stationed in Scotland in 1979. I awoke one night to see a figure in a black field and surrounded by a deeper black aura. As I watched the light from the room actually sort of pulled apart and was sucked into the blackness. It was almost like looking at a black hole only it was infront of me and in the physical presence of my earthly room not out in space.

The concept of the black hole of nature sort of was re-enforced that night. Yet like the black hole that is believed to dump into a white hole type thing so to did that function occur that night. For another Highlander appeared to me that was bright yet it seemed the more the darker one pulled from the lighter one the greater the lighter one became. The lighter one actually feeling sort of like the more he lost the purer he became and thus the absence of more things.

All I do know for sure is the lighter one turned and told me to go to sleep for he was their to protect and nothing would hurt me. The clash of sword upon sword is the last thing I heard before I went into a deeper sleep than I ever had that I can recall.

What is ironic is that in retrospect the tower does resemble a tower I went up in while I was stationed in Scotland. It also resembled a watch tower we found deep in the woods that pointed to the other if you followed the trail. Will have to think about that now and see what happens

is offline Owlperson's Date With Destiny :}
    A slogan on a bus intrigued me the other day - "You have to believe it to see it". I think that once you start believing in things you can see them - but to open up to paranormal occurrences you have to be able to accept that they happen in the first place. It was much easier for me to cope with having psychic talent when I entered Parliament than it was for many of my contemporaries because I was raised in a society - the Russian community in South Wales - where it was perfectly natural to see spirit, actively tell fortunes with cards, dice and other tools and believe in the prophecy that little Misha Hecht was going to some day become famous . People get too much of a shock when something happens to them that it is probably better being introduced to psi/spiritual sight by someone else who knows what to show you.

When you accept that something occurs, this does not mean you consciously start looking for it. It is a function of the subconscious. When Louise started accepting that it was possible for people to have prophetic, precognitive or psychic dreams and other experiences, she began to experience them more often and ask for them to come to her rather than just writing down a lot of - to her - jumbled nonsense and waiting years for it to be fulfilled. So I wouldn't discount anything you experience because someone else has told you it happens.

I can't say I've ever heard of this particular phenomenon but as I said, don't discount it just because the OP was talking to someone else about it when it happened. That is the best way to switch on to second sight and begin to control it properly.
    BROWNED OFF WITH BROKEN BRITAIN? Email me, Michael Howard MP, on brokenbritain@yahoo.co.uk

"People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. So open wide, Volpone, and stop screaming!" - Dentling Nick, yesterday

"He took the bells from many clocks /And hung them from a branch
    "When he struck up with feet and hands / It made our laddies dance"

--The Ballad of Neddy Dick, by Mr Fox

"He took the balls from many clerks / And hung them from a branch
    "When he struck us with feet and hands / It made Volpone dance"

--The Ballad of Dentling Nick, by Mr Owl

"I told him that I'd seen a house /In the middle of a wood
    "And anyone that went in there / Could never come to good"
    --
    Mr Fox, by Mr Fox

"I told him that I had a house / In the middle of a wood
    "And if he ever came inside / I'd Az him right and good."