Thread: Making my own deck

Making my own deck

I'd like to make a deck, and I've already started working on it's meanings and gettinmg the groupings together and placing this and that, using characters from my favorite anime, I'm curious to know how one would transfer the images onto cards?
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

There are multiple ways that it could be done. You could print them right onto card stock, and then cut them out. If you do that, I'd recommend laminating them afterwards to preserve them.

There are also blank Tarot decks available. You could draw directly onto them, or print the images on plain paper, glue it onto the card, and then have them laminated. The advantage there is that you don't have to worry about cutting all the cards to perfect size.
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Quote Originally Posted by aranarose View Post
    There are multiple ways that it could be done. You could print them right onto card stock, and then cut them out. If you do that, I'd recommend laminating them afterwards to preserve them.

There are also blank Tarot decks available. You could draw directly onto them, or print the images on plain paper, glue it onto the card, and then have them laminated. The advantage there is that you don't have to worry about cutting all the cards to perfect size.
    oooh thank you arana!
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

oooh so which anime is this going to be from? And I take it then this is just for your personal use then?

I think this is an amazing idea! I'd like to make one too now you've given me the idea...
    I've always had trouble remembering the meanings behind each card, maybe designing my own deck could help me learn :D

maybe designing my own deck could help me learn :D
    From experience I can tell you it will help alot and all the best to you if you do go through with it