Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Modus Operandi

Modus Operandi

The other day I did a chart for someone, and while I was doing that I also looked at my North Node (NN), chiron, part of fortune,and indepth rising sign in a more intuitive way. I have to say that I was really surprised at the small print (figurative). The major signs like Sun, Moon, and Rising/Ascendant give you a broad picture and most of the time the person will go, OH I resemble this. But it is the small print that gives you the real feel for the person. This is where they get those things that are strictly their modus operandi. This is were the rubber meets the road, and we see those things that we would consider personality traits. I find these things to be very facinating also when looking at charts. It really is too bad that we don't have the time to dig a little deeper into these things on this forum.

I plan to explore my own small print here. However, at the moment I'm feeling overwhelmed, so enough for now.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

how interesting, it will be fun to follow this thread TOO

love
    t

Part of Fortune

I am going to use this method to interpret my Part of Fortune(PF). This is my first installment of the Modus Operandi from Shatrilís chart.

ē First look to any planets or points that are tightly conjunct or opposite the Part of Fortune as significators of vocation, career, and natural talents--keys to success.

My sun in Leo is conjunct, and this would I think mean that my career is my life, and that I would be using my natural talents to become a success. This holds true with my life, as I am quite well known in my field (limited as that might be). Part of my success is my ability to work with others. I also have lots of things in my chart that indicated that I would be successful in my chosen field.

My Pluto has a loose conjunction, and this means that I am a natural leader; even if it is by accident. Without ever having sought out leadership as part of my career, it just happened. In that process I found that I was actually a good leader, and people were loyal. This was true because I deal with everyone fairly, and would stand up for their rights. Many of them would follow me from one place to another.

ē Second, determine the ruling planet of the sign of the Part of Fortune, and consider that planet as another significator.

Well the ruler of the house sign is the Sun and we discussed this one already

ē Consider the sign and house placement of the Part of Fortune as qualities and areas of life where we possess natural and innate talents or abilities, and that can be considered keys to worldly success and prosperity.

The PF in the 10th house means that I will have fortunate things happen that will raise me to prominent in my chosen field. That is true. I have been the luckiest person you have been in contact with. Always seem to be in the right place at the right time career wise.

The PF in Leo all of the positive and negative aspects of Leo apply when it comes to this placement of the PF. I exhibit many of the tendencies throughout my career.

ē Look to any planets or points posited in the same sign as the Part of Fortune, whether or not they are conjunct the point. These will also play a role in our profession.

Other planet in Leo in the 11th house is Papa Saturnóthis makes me generous, but quick-tempered (I resembled that, but it is better with age), determined, ambitious, and strong-willed. Troubles and secret enmity through inferiors. Well the trouble is certainly something that I can relate to. However, this is not someone who was working with me directly, but who felt that they must compete with me for some reason. Caused me great pain. There were two of those in my career, and both times I came out the worse for wear, as they were both of a higher level to me, but inferior to me as regards my authority at work (can you say ouch? Of course you can.)

From here http://www.cafeastrology.com/partoffortune.html

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Thanks so much for this insightful thread, Shatril.

My Pof F has always confused me. It is conjunct Saturn and Juno right on my Decendant. One book I once read told me that people with PoF conjunct Saturn are happiest when we are sad. That is not true. I am happiest when I am at ONE; happy, healthy, rich in all ways, loved and loving, and enaged in fun projects!

RedRose

is offline Teller of Unvarnished Truth
    Hudson River Valley in the shadow of Storm King Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    Thanks so much for this insightful thread, Shatril.

My Pof F has always confused me. It is conjunct Saturn and Juno right on my Decendant. One book I once read told me that people with PoF conjunct Saturn are happiest when we are sad. That is not true. I am happiest when I am at ONE; happy, healthy, rich in all ways, loved and loving, and enaged in fun projects!

RedRose
    That phrase struck a chord for me... there are people in and around my life who I have described as "Only happy when they are miserable". While that sounds like a contradiction... or paradox, what I mean when I say it is that they seem to seek out situations of stress and conflict. They seem uncomfortable when there is nothing to complain about. It is an interesting personality type.
    God is an underachiever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That phrase struck a chord for me... there are people in and around my life who I have described as "Only happy when they are miserable". While that sounds like a contradiction... or paradox, what I mean when I say it is that they seem to seek out situations of stress and conflict. They seem uncomfortable when there is nothing to complain about. It is an interesting personality type.
    Yep my husband is a "female dog" most of the time. He just has to be complaining about something or he isn't happy. What is odd, is that he never does this in public, except in whispers to me. He just starts the day out "acting like a female dog", and continues from there. We all tease him about it, cuz now that we have gotten used to it, it has no effect. In fact, from time to time I must ask him if he is angry when something about his behavior doesn't seem quite right. Most of the time I ignore what he says, cuz of his "female Dogness" and this has gotten me in trouble with him. :rollingla He always complains that I don't listen to a thing he says, and he is absolutely right; I don't, who would want to.

Well there is that.

Shatril

Chiron Modus Operandi

Today Iím going to deal with Chiron in my second house, and it is square Pluto. I used the teachings from Cafe Astrology, which is linked above.

In second houseóChiron teaches and gives advice. The 2nd house is money, possessions, and values. You can show other people how to take care of their money better than you take care of your own. In fact, your own finances could be a mess. They may squander or give away what they have for the same reason. It is important to remember that if there are problems with money or possessions, these are most likely not the real issue. The sense of self-worth is the key here. Paraphrased from Cafť Astrology, which is linked above.

This is definitely me all over. I have been paying the price for this my whole life. It wasnít until I started studying astrology that I finally got the psychological reasons for my modus operandi in this area. Iím still trying to straighten out some of the difficulties with my messy financial habits of the past, and working on the self-worth thing also. Thank God/dess it is never too late.

In ScorpioóThe issue here is power. They may feel powerless and try to cover this up by acting strong. There is an avoidance of sex because it's too "dangerous" (they may try to dominate me). This would be a perfect placement for a sex therapist that can help everyone else with their sexual problems but cannot help themselves. Inheritance matters may also be a sore point. Problems and upsets would tend to come with it.

This is how it manifested in me. I have a real problem with letting people get control over me. I donít want anyone to tell me what to do. This made me a rebel, and I always have a cause, even in a daily timing. For me it was the lose of control that made me fear sex when I was younger. Letting go meant vulnerability, and I was not going to let anyone know that I was vulnerable in any way. So far I havenít been in a way to inherit anything, so not sure that will affect me. With the second house placement I am more likely to just let everyone else have it all, which I expect would upset me at a deep level, but easier that than the argument (Iím sure this is some other planet playing this out.

Square Plutoóresult could be someone who is always coming out on the wrong end of power struggles. (Discussed in the post about PF). They are afraid of letting their power out. Most likely, when they were children, any release of that tremendous Pluto force caused their parents to come down hard, and Pluto was pushed underground. The cure here is to recognize and take responsibility for one's own power, and to find ways to let it out constructively.

Yep this would be me in this aspect. As a result of my parentís suppression of the Pluto power, I drove it underground. I would work in sneaky ways to like undermine others, whom I thought were in a position of power over me. As you have read previously this is where I sometimes came into conflict with those who truly had power over my well-being (as in signs the paycheck).

Chiron in TransitóThis one is just the icing on the cake for me this year. Since July 24, 2007 (just before my birthday) until Jan 23, 2008 Chiron has been opposite my Natal Sun. This is like just feeding all of the natal issues that I have had, and bringing them to a crisis point. That coupled with the Mars, and Saturn retrograde, Iím a mess. For sure. The lessons have been coming hard and frequent. To the point of questioning everything that I have believed about myself for my whole life. Iím glad that it is ending soon. I hope I can hold it together long enough to survive this. (can you say ouch)

Iím too depressed to go on here. Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shatril

Quote Originally Posted by Shatril View Post
    Chiron in TransitóThis one is just the icing on the cake for me this year. Since July 24, 2007 (just before my birthday) until Jan 23, 2008 Chiron has been opposite my Natal Sun. This is like just feeding all of the natal issues that I have had, and bringing them to a crisis point. That coupled with the Mars, and Saturn retrograde, Iím a mess. For sure. The lessons have been coming hard and frequent. To the point of questioning everything that I have believed about myself for my whole life. Iím glad that it is ending soon. I hope I can hold it together long enough to survive this. (can you say ouch)
    yes, OUCH! yer sun must be pretty near my moon. redrose's moon too, hers is just getting a strong punch now, mine got its last before christmas thankfully. now im getting a conjunction with mercury for the second time and i will get another couple through november this year. i had a very interesting chiron transit for the new year too. according to astro.com, chiron came to an exact sextile with my ascendant at exactly 00:00 Jan. 1, 2008. still tryin to figure that one out...

In fact, your own finances could be a mess. They may squander or give away what they have for the same reason.
    i also have chiron in the 2nd and the term 'squander' is definitely a fitting description of how i use my physical resources... i keep trying to figure out why all my money keeps disappearing, and even after taking careful note of everything i spend money on i have a really hard time reigning it in...:o
    "My country is the world... and my religion is to do good."
    - Thomas Paine

Myspace

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
    - Gospel of Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by punxzen View Post
    i also have chiron in the 2nd and the term 'squander' is definitely a fitting description of how i use my physical resources... i keep trying to figure out why all my money keeps disappearing, and even after taking careful note of everything i spend money on i have a really hard time reigning it in...:o
    Boy do I relate to this one. I barely have enough cash at the moment to put gas in my car, and what did I do the other day. Gave $5 to the Amber Alert system. Well it is a good cause, but on reflection it seems somewhat irresponsible.

shatril

I went through my Chiron Return a couple years ago now. Currently Chiron in the sky is conjunct my Sun and opposite my Moon. Chiron is also conjunct Neptune. Neptune has been on top of my Sun, opposite my Moon (and Punxzen's too) for WAY LONG TIME....

I have been practically on the street for a decade, but now things are going great! They are paying me to go to school and I just landed a dreamy PT job. I'm suddenly having fun - what a concept!

Now, I wouldn't be a decent Taurus Rising if I didn't mention that USAers have been set up to fail. They lie to us and we fall for their lies, and then we feel guilty about how we got conned. For instance, they are not "credit" cards. They are actually "debt" cards.

The USA dollar is tanking.

Chiron in the 2nd House means you have healing powers in the area of True Treasure. You can MANIFEST. Sure, you are better at doing it for others, but you are welcome your 10% of their miracles. The KEY to Chiron in the 2nd is experiencing up close and personal how you ARE taken care of. Help others gain True Treasure and you will be taken care of too. Don't fret about yourself. Help others manifest rich miracles .

Note: I have Chiron in the 10th House, so I get recognition and "clout" or "power" from empowering others. Chiron in the 2nd House folk are Manifestation Masters! The reason you are loose with money is because uh...money...paper...corruption....earthlings are stupid...simpler to just MANIFEST stuff. Mama Gaia loves Chiron in 2nd House best!

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; January 10th, 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast