Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Modus Operandi

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    I went through my Chiron Return a couple years ago now. Currently Chiron in the sky is conjunct my Sun and opposite my Moon. Chiron is also conjunct Neptune. Neptune has been on top of my Sun, opposite my Moon (and Punxzen's too) for WAY LONG TIME....

I have been practically on the street for a decade, but now things are going great! They are paying me to go to school and I just landed a dreamy PT job. I'm suddenly having fun - what a concept!

Now, I wouldn't be a decent Taurus Rising if I didn't mention that USAers have been set up to fail. They lie to us and we fall for their lies, and then we feel guilty about how we got conned. For instance, they are not "credit" cards. They are actually "debt" cards. They USA dollar is tanking.

Chiron in the 2nd House means you have healing powers in the area of True Treasure. You can MANIFEST. Sure, you are better at doing it for others, but you are welcome your 10% of their miracles. The KEY to Chiron in the 2nd is experiencing up close and personal how you ARE taken care of. Help others gain True Treasure and you will be taken care of too. Don't fret about yourself. Help others manifest rich miracles .

Note: I have Chiron in the 10th House, so I get recognition and "clout" or "power" from empowering others. Chiron in the 2nd House folk are Manifestation Masters! The reason you are loose with money is because uh...money...paper...corruption....earthlings are stupid...simpler to just MANIFEST stuff. Mama Gaia loves Chiron in 2nd House best!

RedRose
    How are you getting paid to go to school? I really want to know about that. You can PM me with the info if you would, or just post it here if you want. either is fine.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Hi Shatril,

I get paid to go to university because I qualify for financial aid and because so many scholarships are aimed at helping low-income women, and/or women who have been downsized, get through college.

RedRose

What are "part of fortune" and "in depth rising"?
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

here's a great article by Robert Hand about the part of fortune: http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_fortune_e.htm

the "in depth rising" is something with which i too am unfamiliar.

I myself had my part of fortune and part of spirit swapped for years, because i didn't know about the day/night birth swap. So I went around thinking that my part of fortune was right on top of my neptune/sag/4th, when really it is aries/9th, opposed to my mars. *sigh*
    “A book must be the pick ax that shatters the frozen sea within us.”

-Franz Kafka

[SIGPIC]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/EmberNichole7/Banners/Book%20Club/bookclub4.png[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Lilith Morgaine for the gorgeous Book Club banners!

“For a wise, a knowing and a learned people are the least likely of any in the world to be enslaved.”
    —Samuel Webster, 1777

To change one's life:
    Start immediately.
    Do it flamboyantly.
    No exceptions.
    - William James

Check out my new place! http://baile-dragan.myminicity.com/ind/

Modus Operandi: Indepth Look at My Rising Sign

I didn't know what an indepth rising sign was either, and I looked back through my post and realized where it came from. That should read, "An indepth look at my rising sign." I had always been skimming the surface of this item of my chart. Today is the day that I will look more carefully at this.

Modus Operandi: Rising Sign

From “The Secrets of your Rising Sign” by William Lamb with Webb Harris JR.

Leo with Libra Rising-This book takes the sun and rising sign together, which is rather the way I would look at this myself. However, I would not have chosen the words they did, cuz they make me blush at first.

“Talk about impressive! These are some people-pleasing winners! Polite Libra makes these Leos extra willing to share themselves and be considerate of others. And they’re wonderful to their closest friends and loved ones. They’ll do anything to keep people happy and entertained. Their mid-morning birth gives them a friendly magnetism, and their Likable Libra personality delivers a lifetime of powerfully successful associations: and if they play their cards right they’ll reap the fruitful harvest of personal happiness and professional advantage.”

I’m going to deal with this gushing bunch of words first. It isn’t hard to see that this would make me uncomfortable, it just sounds so good to be true. However, the net results in the last sentence certainly apply to me most of the time. That is unless other astrological happenings short circuit this.

“Rewards are a given when these well-connected Leos stick to the goals they’ve set for themselves and embrace the opportunities that friends and colleagues provide, as well. They instinctively know that it’s neither necessary nor ultimately beneficial to unfairly use or manipulate people, and they’re masters at keeping everyone please by making fair decisions. They really love to be “all things to all people.” If they invest in people wisely and remember that obliging demeanor will earn them the good will they crave. These folks really want to be liked, so they give generously of themselves, and their recipients give right back. However, it behooves Leos born mid-morning to keep a handle on their Leo ego along the way. It tends to inflate itself, and when these Leos get so proud of their conquests and achievements that they see nothing else, they’re liable to leave themselves a long line of disgruntled individuals who initially loved their style but eventually came to feel as though they weren’t treated well. Someone so adept at making friends is poorly served by making enemies. But their fearless and determined sung sign is well served by behavior that demonstrates genuine concern.

Oh this fits me to a T. I have demonstrated every good and bad thing defined above. The prime example was when I thought that I was so superior to all possible candidates for a particular promotion that I blew the possibility by my arrogance and flamboyant behavior. That is just soooo Leonine. I do have to say that most people that have worked with me as their boss would come and work for me again, and have followed me from one job to another. The reason for this is that I deal fairly, and teach them everything I know. I want them to be able to take my job from me, so I can move on to bigger and better things. Yep, this fits me pretty well.

“On the vocational front, stand-up comedy and other forms of showmanship might be very suitable, and the political arena, too, is a natural setting, especially when these Leos can be up close and personal with constituents. They have a wonderful knack for personal exchange.”

Comedy and politics, :rollingla In this day and age there is no difference. I can see the comedy, people tell me I’m funny when I want to be. Politics, NOT in this lifetime. I just don’t like the negative atmosphere in that arena. However, I do thrive in arenas where I need to have personal exchanges with people. I make acquaintances easily, and friends are a little more difficult for me. That is buried somewhere in my chart, and we will deal with that sometime in the future.

Well enough for one day. Love this book. I will be using it more often in my astrology interpretations. Of course, with this interpretation, what isn’t to like. :rollingla

Shatril

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Quote Originally Posted by Shatril View Post
    I didn't know what an indepth rising sign was either, and I looked back through my post and realized where it came from. That should read, "An indepth look at my rising sign." I had always been skimming the surface of this item of my chart. Today is the day that I will look more carefully at this.

Modus Operandi: Rising Sign

From “The Secrets of your Rising Sign” by William Lamb with Webb Harris JR.

Leo with Libra Rising-This book takes the sun and rising sign together, which is rather the way I would look at this myself. However, I would not have chosen the words they did, cuz they make me blush at first.
    I'm Libra with Leo rising! Does that make me heads and you tails, or the other way around?

-Franz Kafka

[SIGPIC]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/EmberNichole7/Banners/Book%20Club/bookclub4.png[/SIGPIC]

“For a wise, a knowing and a learned people are the least likely of any in the world to be enslaved.”
    —Samuel Webster, 1777

To change one's life:
    Start immediately.
    Do it flamboyantly.
    No exceptions.
    - William James

Quote Originally Posted by banondraig View Post
    I'm Libra with Leo rising! Does that make me heads and you tails, or the other way around?
    I don't think so. Have you posted a chart/scope as yet? If not you should, and we can discuss that with you. LOL

Shatril

Quote Originally Posted by Shatril View Post
    I don't think so. Have you posted a chart/scope as yet? If not you should, and we can discuss that with you. LOL

Shatril
    should i put it in a new thread?

-Franz Kafka

—Samuel Webster, 1777

To change one's life:
    Start immediately.
    Do it flamboyantly.
    No exceptions.
    - William James

Quote Originally Posted by banondraig View Post
    should i put it in a new thread?
    Yes, in a new thread would be wonderful, under I want a reading in the sticky threads.

Shatril

Modus Operandi-North Node (NN)

Because I like the book so much I am using “Astrology for the Soul” by Jan Spiller for this NN writing. This thing just makes me think and think. So now I will share some of the highlights of my NN and how the interpretations have affected my life.

I have been taught that the NN is my soul’s agenda, and I can see that this is probably true when I read this book. Much of what has been written in this book about my NN in Taurus in the eighth house applies quite well. Some of it I believe is sublimated by other astrological happenings in my chart. I will only be discussing those that just jump out, and smack me in the face as applying. I will also discuss those that surprised me a bit, but I see that they are, for me, a modus operandi.

Attributes to Develop:
    • Loyalty (oh yeah, I’ll support a friend come hell or high water)
    • Awareness of boundaries (I didn’t actively see this in my life, however, I resemble this)
    • Taking things one step at a time (as much as I want to say I have learned this lesson, I still struggle. I do know that this is something I need to work on. I tend to get overwhelmed when I look at a big picture, and have to have the conversation; “Hey just deal with picking up the first piece, and whittle away one step at a time.”)
    • A sense of self-worth (Still working on this)
    • Awareness of personal values (this one changes from time to time, but I do have my values)
    • Patience (Gosh I prayed for this once. Be careful what you pray for, you may get it. The way the universe teaches patience is to try them. By the time I understood this I had been through a bunch; however, I am much more patient now. Driving in Detroit during rush hour taught me a lot about patience.)
    • Honoring expressed needs of self and others (Well this requires listening to others, and this was a really difficult thing for me for much of my life. I was really too busy trying to formulate my words to respond to them, to be interested in hearing what they really had to say. This is still something that I have to actively invoke when conversing with someone.)
    • Enjoying the five physical senses (OOPS I’m in denial about this one.)
    • Gratitude (Hummm you mean that I didn’t deserve this, and should be grateful for getting it!)
    • Awareness of nurturing from Mother Earth (Yes this one is something that I came to way late in life, but I am grateful for having found it.)
    • Forgiveness (Yes, still dealing with this one. I still have a few ghosts that I really would love to release, but just can’t seem to get my mind around that yet.)
    • Persistence (Nope, if it doesn’t work the first time f--- it.)

Tendencies to Leave Behind
    • Attraction to crisis situations (I’m not sure what this might mean. I tend to avoid crisis situations because the paralyze me.)
    • Overconcern with other people’s business (Yep, this is one that I learned early in life would cause huge trouble. My mother was a good teacher in this arena. I did not carry this tendency into adulthood.)
    • Impatience (I want is NOW, see patience above.)
    • Inappropriate intensity (Well I’m pretty sure that no one would accuse me of being too intense. In fact, I’m quite the opposite. Not sure how I got rid of this one.)
    • Judgmental tendencies (This is one that I don’t think has ever really been an issue. Judge not lest ye be judged.)
    • Preoccupation with the psychological motivations of others (Yes this is one that has recently reared its ugly head. Not really ready to share this, because I don’t fully understand what this is about yet. In the past, I would not have had the tools to consider others psychological motives; therefore, it was never an issue. Now that I have the tools, I find myself questioning everyone’s motives. This is still in process, so will come back to this in a few years.)
    • Resistance to cooperating with what others want (I’m a Leo; therefore, I think the universe took care of this one. I will help you get whatever your heart desires. I may have been somewhat of a hindrance to my hubby at times, but that was a whole different thing in my mind. Well obviously I need to look at that again.)
    • Overreacting (Well when I was little, I was a drama queen. I was the first child of a couple that struggled to have children for 10 years, and there I came. It didn’t take me long after I got married and had children to see that this tactic wasn’t working. I’m far more laid back, in fact, my kids tell me that I under react. Go figure.
    • Destroying something in order to eliminate one part (I’m still working on figuring out what this means. I know I would take things apart to see what made them tick, but it wasn’t with the goal of eliminating anything, other than its possible operability, which was only incidental to my inability to reassemble it.)
    • Obsessive-compulsive tendencies (I see impulsive in me, but not obsessive-compulsive. If this has ever been a tendency, it has been long gone.)

Achilles’ Heel/Trap to Avoid/The Bottom Line

“The Achilles’’ heel to be aware of is seeking self-worth through others.” This is one that has plagued me even to this day. I have often relied on others to bolster my waxing self-worth, even when there were plenty of great things going on in my life. I have other tendencies in this area. I sometimes catch myself thinking that I would be much happier of someone else would do things my way. What really needs to happen is for me to become happy with myself, and the rest of that stuff just goes away. I’m getting there, but this one is a lifelong project for me. Jan Spiller says, “The bottom line is that at some point they must stop being enmeshed with others and involved in others’ business, and simply walk their own path instead. The irony is that when they begin to do this, others will support them, both financially and on an energy level.

Well there is much more, but I feel quite certain that these lists pretty much cover this subject for me in a nice concise manner.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; January 29th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast