Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What stone are your Rune Stones made from?

I have one set that I made from Polymer clay!
    :D

(thanks Rick!)

I'd like to carve a set out of birch or apple though.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Since I didn't have any of the traditional materials (wood branches, etc) and wanted a set I made mine using those little round glass "stones/pebbles" (with flat bottoms and round tops) for decoration and crafts. They're often used in fish bowls, I think. Things like these:

Well, mine is clear (I thought it was a neutral color) and I painted the Runes on the top of them.

I plan on either making or buying a better set in the future-- especially because some things have lead me back to the Runes & I want to focus on them more.

Mine are dragons' tears (those little glass drops) with the runes painted on. (Luvvies to Rick! )
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

The only set I own are made from sterling silver coins. One side has two interwoven lines forming a circle around the glyphs and on the reverse is a subtle pentagram hidden amongst Celtic knotwork.

They're absolutely breathtaking, but I do not use them for divination - or in fact much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Since I didn't have any of the traditional materials (wood branches, etc) and wanted a set I made mine using those little round glass "stones/pebbles" (with flat bottoms and round tops) for decoration and crafts. They're often used in fish bowls, I think. Things like these:

Well, mine is clear (I thought it was a neutral color) and I painted the Runes on the top of them.

I plan on either making or buying a better set in the future-- especially because some things have lead me back to the Runes & I want to focus on them more.
    That's a great idea! I've been reading into runes for a while and really want to make my own set - just been a little strapped for cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Aidron View Post
    The only set I own are made from sterling silver coins. One side has two interwoven lines forming a circle around the glyphs and on the reverse is a subtle pentagram hidden amongst Celtic knotwork.

They're absolutely breathtaking, but I do not use them for divination - or in fact much at all.
    OOO, those sound really cool, I like silver. Where'd you get them?
    Pewter would be cool too.
    ^Former Banners by: Faeawyn, On The Horizon, Sennefer & SkySilver. TY!^

Katara, Zuko Aang, & Toph are lonely. Please visit them?
    MW Dragon Adopters thread (X)-My Digital Art thread (X)

~MySpace-PaganSpace~

Fire Storm. By instinct.

If you're looking for pewter runes, Enchantedglyph.com sells a set. They look "rough" as in they're not coins... um... well... I have no idea how to explain. They really cool if you're into the more "rustic" look.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    OOO, those sound really cool, I like silver. Where'd you get them?
    Pewter would be cool too.
    My mom got them many years ago at an occult store. She later gave them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_sheep View Post
    That's a great idea! I've been reading into runes for a while and really want to make my own set - just been a little strapped for cash!
    Yup. They work really well too.
    I've seen some people put the sign on the flat side, but I have mine on the rounded one. I got mine at Wal-Mart, in the craft section for like a dollar. They make all types of colors, too. But just make sure you have a ink/paint that'll show up well on the background. I chose clear because it was neutral (some people pick a color for its symbolism, etc)...

Mine are made out of amethyst.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast