Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98

Thread: What stone are your Rune Stones made from?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley BC Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,019
    I have one set that I made from Polymer clay!
    :D

    (thanks Rick!)

    I'd like to carve a set out of birch or apple though.

    TWM's Blog

    Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    near Tacoma, WA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,671
    Since I didn't have any of the traditional materials (wood branches, etc) and wanted a set I made mine using those little round glass "stones/pebbles" (with flat bottoms and round tops) for decoration and crafts. They're often used in fish bowls, I think. Things like these:


    Well, mine is clear (I thought it was a neutral color) and I painted the Runes on the top of them.

    I plan on either making or buying a better set in the future-- especially because some things have lead me back to the Runes & I want to focus on them more.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,213
    Mine are dragons' tears (those little glass drops) with the runes painted on. (Luvvies to Rick! )
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

    Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,772
    The only set I own are made from sterling silver coins. One side has two interwoven lines forming a circle around the glyphs and on the reverse is a subtle pentagram hidden amongst Celtic knotwork.

    They're absolutely breathtaking, but I do not use them for divination - or in fact much at all.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Planet Hedgehog
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Since I didn't have any of the traditional materials (wood branches, etc) and wanted a set I made mine using those little round glass "stones/pebbles" (with flat bottoms and round tops) for decoration and crafts. They're often used in fish bowls, I think. Things like these:


    Well, mine is clear (I thought it was a neutral color) and I painted the Runes on the top of them.

    I plan on either making or buying a better set in the future-- especially because some things have lead me back to the Runes & I want to focus on them more.
    That's a great idea! I've been reading into runes for a while and really want to make my own set - just been a little strapped for cash!
    .

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Intentionally lost in the wilderness.
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidron View Post
    The only set I own are made from sterling silver coins. One side has two interwoven lines forming a circle around the glyphs and on the reverse is a subtle pentagram hidden amongst Celtic knotwork.

    They're absolutely breathtaking, but I do not use them for divination - or in fact much at all.
    OOO, those sound really cool, I like silver. Where'd you get them?
    Pewter would be cool too.
    ^Former Banners by: Faeawyn, On The Horizon, Sennefer & SkySilver. TY!^

    Katara, Zuko Aang, & Toph are lonely. Please visit them?
    MW Dragon Adopters thread (X)-My Digital Art thread (X)


    ~MySpace-PaganSpace~

    Fire Storm. By instinct.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    148
    If you're looking for pewter runes, Enchantedglyph.com sells a set. They look "rough" as in they're not coins... um... well... I have no idea how to explain. They really cool if you're into the more "rustic" look.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,772
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    OOO, those sound really cool, I like silver. Where'd you get them?
    Pewter would be cool too.
    My mom got them many years ago at an occult store. She later gave them to me.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    near Tacoma, WA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_sheep View Post
    That's a great idea! I've been reading into runes for a while and really want to make my own set - just been a little strapped for cash!
    Yup. They work really well too.
    I've seen some people put the sign on the flat side, but I have mine on the rounded one. I got mine at Wal-Mart, in the craft section for like a dollar. They make all types of colors, too. But just make sure you have a ink/paint that'll show up well on the background. I chose clear because it was neutral (some people pick a color for its symbolism, etc)...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,586
    Mine are made out of amethyst.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •