Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What stone are your Rune Stones made from?

Once it stops raining, I plan on going to a nearby beach that has alot of small pebbles instead of sand. I will collect some that are appropriate and make runes out of them. I've been looking at different sets of runes to buy, but I'd rather make them myself.
    "Live simply so that others may simply live." - Mahatma Gandhi

I have one set made out of sculpy, I think (it was a bought set, first set actually), and then I have another set made out of bone, and then my most recent is one I made my self out of leather (the runes carved and painted in red). I'd like to make some out of wood, but I don't quite have the tools for it. Yet.

I have a set made from carnelian, another set made from mixed stones (a differen stone for each rune). I also have wood runes with the runes burned into them (the wood is cherry). I recently purchased a set of runes from colleagues that are just phenomenal. They are made out of discarded shell casings. Each rune is made up of six 45ACP shells and six 9mm Parabellum shells. The shells are melted down into tiles and the rune is engraved on top. They're very heavy though, but I like that.
    sophie

I have a set made of Hematite. The symbols are cut into the stone and painted silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Reicher View Post
    I have a set made from carnelian, another set made from mixed stones (a differen stone for each rune). I also have wood runes with the runes burned into them (the wood is cherry). I recently purchased a set of runes from colleagues that are just phenomenal. They are made out of discarded shell casings. Each rune is made up of six 45ACP shells and six 9mm Parabellum shells. The shells are melted down into tiles and the rune is engraved on top. They're very heavy though, but I like that.
    sophie
    I would like to see them, can you post a pic.?
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I actually dont have a whole set, yet, because mine are river stones that I collect myself . But, even when I search a large portion of riverbed (barefoot, it's refreshing and fun!!) . . I tend to only find one or two suitable stones (Im picky!) each time. . . . it's a work in progress.

I tried using wood before and burning the runes into it, but it was crappy craft store wood and the pieces split easily. I prefer stones anyways, and finding them outside.
    Last edited by Twilight Siren; July 3rd, 2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typos

is offline When the sun comes up we'll go out again
    Apple wood. Same as my staff! I read somewhere that this is traditional for runes? But I'm not quite sure. Anyway, the only thing I put my foot down about with runes is that the 25th "blank rune" which I think is utter hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by jadborn View Post
    Apple wood. Same as my staff! I read somewhere that this is traditional for runes? But I'm not quite sure. Anyway, the only thing I put my foot down about with runes is that the 25th "blank rune" which I think is utter hogwash.
    aww, why do you think that?

anywho, Id always heard that Ash, Birch, and the like were traditional . . but applewoods seems good!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All phenomena of which we are aware occurs in the mind, therefore the only thing we have to look at is the mind" -Aliester Crowley, on Yoga

"The mark of a moderate woman is freedom from her own ideas" -Lao Tzu

"I shall question him and examine him and test him" -Socrates

"You may win or lose, but to be yourself is all that you can do." -Chris Cornell

"Don't you f**king judge me" -Slipknot

"The fool who is conscious of his folly is thereby wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the one to be called a fool." -Lao Tzu

Mine are yew, stained with red ochre powder and blood mixed with saliva.
    Jessica Hearthcroft

Yet another Aussielander!

Available for (free) readings! PM me for information.

is offline Mostly Benevolent Spiritual Warrior
    one set of Oak one of Amethyst one of Black Onyx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Indigo Rising:Benevolent Spiritual Warrior,Seeker of knowledge,Guardian to those in need

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast