I decided to make a resource thread for Sikhism, I know there's not many threads about the faith on MW, but it's still important to this particular sub-forum.
These links are from an article on Sikhnet.com:
- InfoAboutSikhs.com - The best website for basic information/introduction about Sikhism
- SikhiWiki.org - The Encyclomedia of the Sikhs - a universally editable wiki site.
- Understanding the Turban
- Who Are The Sikhs? (pdf)- Great flyer that can be printed out
- Who are the Sikhs? - A Slide Show Presentation
- BBC Guide to World Religions - Web guide to Sikhism and other religions
- Glossary of Sikh Terms
- The Heritage of the Turban - To Sikhs, their turban is sacred. Their Gurus instructed them to wear it, and they have sacrificed their lives to protect its honor. The following collection of how the turban has been regarded throughout history has been put together for your information.
- A Saint and a Soldier - The Story of the Sikhs. A video documentary for people who are wanting to learn more about the basics of the Sikh faith. It will give you a better understanding of who the Sikhs are and what they are about.
- Welcome to our Gurdwara (pdf)
- True Face of The Sikhs (pdf)- Sikhs in WW I and II
- Photo Gallery of Sikhs- See what Sikhs look like. Here is a photo gallery of the Sikh People.
- Sikhism Home Page - A great resource for learning about the various aspects of the Sikh faith.
- Sikh-Seek Website Directory - This is the most comprehensive directory of Sikh websites on the internet.
- All About Sikhs--new!
- Beliefnet's area:
- Sikhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sikhism Page--Good site, some good pages:
- Other Faiths--Compares and contrasts Sikhism with many faiths, informative
- Women--The views of the Gurus regarding women. Quotes from Sri Guru Granth Sahib as well as biographies of famous Sikh women.
- Sikhism - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice--Includes excerpt of the day, quotations, featured articles, audio and video clips, and more.
- Real Sikhism--Online resource with insights into frequently asked questions about the religion and the people.
- Sikhism Resource
- Sikhism - ReligionFacts
- Sikhism--brief outline
- The Sikh Prayers : A Gateway to Sikhism
- From Sacred-Texts.com: Shri Guru Granth Sahib
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib on www.sikhismguide.org
- Guru Granth Sahib
- Guru Granth SahibTranslation by Prof Sahib Singh In Gurmukhi
- English translation of the Guru Granth Sahib PDF It's 1430 pages
- The complete Guru Granth Sahib Online in English and Gurmukhi
- The Guru Granth Sahib in Unicode format
More to come!