Thread: Rods

Rods

I'm watching the History channel and they have this show called Monster Quest.
    Right now I'm watching something on rods.

They're fairly new so not many people have heard of it.
    Here's a link if you'd like a brief. Rods

So, has anyone here seen or caught these rods on video tape or pictures?

Some people think that they're creatures from a 4th demension so they can come in and out of our plain(?)
    My greatest power is my mind.

My Blog Associated Content The Daily Cougar

so... you saw that show two hh... I caought the end of it... they aren't really as new as you think, just not as well known as other phenomena.

I believe allot of it, can be explained away, like with anything, but to say that every single incident is simply a misunderstating whouldn't be appropriate and foolish in my opinion..

but I do believe some of them are legit...

some have even (and I could have sworn) to have seen Rod-like objects like those with the naked eye.....
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

I've only seen the show. I also posted something about in the magical creatures forum. I'm not sure what they are. I mean everybody acts like they are explained at the end but I don't. Like they said in the experiment that "oh it was a moth" but that just bothers me. To me the moth turned up white but nothing else did. Not to mention the moth was in the shot a lot longer than the rod was. I don't know, maybe it's me but their explanations just didn't seem right to me.
    Last edited by Mysterious Willow; January 20th, 2008 at 04:06 AM.
    "A true warrior is an angel who walks among the mortals with burned wings."

Now avaliable for Mentoring, please PM me

*Clicky my new egg*

~*Draconian Wicca Teacher*~

Rods are insects.

They're big bees basically

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Willow View Post
    I've only seen the show. I also posted something about in the magical creatures forum. I'm not sure what they are. I mean everybody acts like they are explained at the end but I don't. Like they said in the experiment that "oh it was a moth" but that just bothers me. To me the moth turned up white but nothing else did. Not to mention the moth was in the shot a lot longer than the rod was. I don't know, maybe it's me but their explanations just didn't seem right to me.
    That's because they used two cameras, the first one was a regular camera, the one that looked like a 'rod' and the second one is a high speed camera shot in the same direction. So when they saw a 'rod' they went back to review it on the high speed camera to slow it down to see what it is and it was a moth. But yeah, I don't think all incidents are birds or insects, I think some of them could be legit too. Like they said there were some really big ones that were way too big to be birds or bugs.
    My greatest power is my mind.

My Blog Associated Content The Daily Cougar

with remote controls

Thumbs up I saw a program about these...

...only they were refered to as "roswell rods" and that's
    how I found a video about them on the 'puter. I don't know what to think of them except for the fact that they're not an insect, too big for a bird. Why did the program I saw show them only
    above the cavern where people like to jump into with a parachute ?
    Now if they're showing up in other places, I have not heard that.
    Put Roswell Rods in a search engine and you come up with a quite a few links.
    In a slow motion video to me it looks like a rod with long wavy
    "wings" like curly lace from a dress. One link in my Excite search calls then prehistoric organic life forms...?
    They do move faster than I think the naked eye can see.
    Gentle Light
    MsMolli

"Books contain words;
    trees contain energies and wisdom
    books never dreamt of." author unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Forsaken Cornfields of Southeastern Michigan
    Don't make fun of rods...they're not bugs...they're...they're...RODS. iluffrods.
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
    The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
    Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
    Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
    Ask for the ancient paths
    Ask where the good way is
    And walk in it."
    Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
    Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    So, has anyone here seen or caught these rods on video tape or pictures?

Some people think that they're creatures from a 4th demension so they can come in and out of our plain(?)
    Yes, I have. The first time it happened I did a double take until I realized that I was filming bugs, and offhandedly said to myself that they looked just like Rods. Then I ended up seeing that MonsterQuest episode and saw that they were coming up with the same results, but in a controlled experiment.

I think 97% of the Rods caught on tape are digital artifacts of motion capturing limitations owed to the fact of washouts of light, overexposure, or slow image capturing, nevermind the focal point of the lens.

Nothing with as many wings as Rods are purported to have even exists today, so again, I have a heck of a time believing it's a new species that's yet undiscovered.

As far as the unexplained ones, I have no clue. The ones some have filmed that were huge I think may cross over into natural phenomena or possibly the ufo spectrum of investigation.