Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mystery figure found on Red Planet!

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer

Exclamation Mystery figure found on Red Planet!

Link

Perched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus.

But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait.

This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars.
    They say Mars once had an Ocean of liquid water on its surface, so my theory is that this is a mermaid who perched herself on a rock and then suddenly the oceans froze up or dried up and she was left frozen and mummified in that state. :spinnysmi
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

I'd like to see that from a couple different angles.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

Just the shadowed face of a rock, nothing more. People want to believe in this stuff so badly that all sense of logic and reason flies out the window.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
    -Euripedes

No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.
    -W. Emerson Wright

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Could be just a normal rock that looks like a human. People find familiar shapes in anything, i.e. clouds, shadows, stones, pieces of bread, etc..
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Bigfoot!
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

One of the comments posted in response to that link =
    "She saw the explorer coming, and thought she would hitchhike!"

I saw the pic on CNN last night, and thought it was... interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieLee View Post
    One of the comments posted in response to that link =
    "She saw the explorer coming, and thought she would hitchhike!"

Brings to mind that "Delta Dawn" song for me!

♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

is offline walking the road to see where it leads
    In '86 a seasoned hiker that had trekked the Himalayans for quite a while snapped the attached photo, because he believed it to be yeti. He swore up and down that it wasn't a natural part of the landscape because he knew that part of the range in and out. Everybody got excited at this new piece of indisputable proof, analasys was done twice, and the experts confirmed that it was undoctored. When some skeptics took a hike our there to validfy his claim, they realized that it was nothing more than a rock formation, later that year Woolridge concurred his err.

I'm not saying that mars pic is a mis-identification, but if you look at the pic below hard enough it doesn't look exactly like a rock formation either. Of course when it comes to mars we've thought of anything and everything as to what the martians are, how fertile the land was, and the social structure, pecking order, and the way that we get communications from them (early part of the 1900's). 'Course, if that is a martian I'd like to be the first to toss a couple of brews back with 'em (providing that the stuff isn't like arsenic to them)... Hell, I might even be able ta get a date on Mars.
    Last edited by thought_on_a_wind; January 26th, 2008 at 06:26 AM.

Looks like a woman but I'd like to see a close up of that figure.
    My greatest power is my mind.

My Blog Associated Content The Daily Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    Link

They say Mars once had an Ocean of liquid water on its surface, so my theory is that this is a mermaid who perched herself on a rock and then suddenly the oceans froze up or dried up and she was left frozen and mummified in that state. :spinnysmi

wow, if thats not photoshoped, and thats not girl there, thats the coolest rock formation I've ever seen

Edit:

Brings to mind that "Delta Dawn" song for me!
    Delta Dawn, whats that flower you got on... is it a ...something from days gon by... I don't remember the rest...lalalala

@WokeUpDead, if only we still had the quote box... I'd so quote that ......
    Last edited by Humming Bird; January 26th, 2008 at 05:59 AM.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast