Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Timing Transits

Timing Transits

I was reading Robert Hands book Planets in Transit

In the beginning of section 2 he talks about timing, which is when a transit will reach its peak. He has some rules that were of great interest to me, as it seems to really get to the heart of predictive astrology. The rules are:

1) An outer-planet transit is usually accurately timed by an inner-planet transit that approximately coincides with it and reinforces the nature of the outer-planet transit.

2) Strictly speaking there is no such thing as an "orb" of influence concerning a transit. (I can't tell you how this information affected me. I was all about orbs.)

3) When a number of tranists describe an event, the time of the event will be closest to the time when the average orb of all the transiting planets appraches zero.

He then goes into an elaborate mathmatical equation for calculating the in which he adds them algebraically, and comes up with a precise time for an event to start.

I was wondering if this fits with others thinking on transits, and possible timing.

There were several things that struck me about these rules. First that you need to consider other inner-planets transits when looking at events that might be triggered by outer-planet transits, yep I saw that one coming. Second, that the direct hit on a transit aspect, may not be the trigger for and event. These concepts now seem so obvious, that I can't seem to comprehend why I failed to see this before.

At any rate, I would like to hear how others view transits and prediction of possible events. What current transits, in combination do you think are affecting you currently?

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

coolness, that makes sense, its like you said, i cant believe i didnt see it like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatril View Post
    At any rate, I would like to hear how others view transits and prediction of possible events. What current transits, in combination do you think are affecting you currently?
    ive got chiron sitting right on top of my natal mercury while mercury is going stationary with an exact square to my natal chiron, and then in about a week the sun will conjunct chiron on top of my mercury. this coincides with a return of the asteroid psyche to her natal position exactly opposite from my natal chiron (its the closest aspect in my chart, within 9 minutes of being exact). i honestly don't know what to make of it, so im all ears if you wanna take a crack at interping it shatril. my problem with these transits is that i really have no firm concept of chiron's role, and psyche even less...
    "My country is the world... and my religion is to do good."
    - Thomas Paine

Myspace

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
    - Gospel of Thomas

A who what where????????

I've got ADD and OCD so that means I've got something new to obsess about every 5 seconds.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back to the definitions for me!!!!!

I've got ADD and OCD so that means I've got something new to obsess about every 5 seconds.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by punxzen View Post
    coolness, that makes sense, its like you said, i cant believe i didnt see it like that before.

ive got chiron sitting right on top of my natal mercury while mercury is going stationary with an exact square to my natal chiron, and then in about a week the sun will conjunct chiron on top of my mercury. this coincides with a return of the asteroid psyche to her natal position exactly opposite from my natal chiron (its the closest aspect in my chart, within 9 minutes of being exact). i honestly don't know what to make of it, so im all ears if you wanna take a crack at interping it shatril. my problem with these transits is that i really have no firm concept of chiron's role, and psyche even less...
    Me either, but that one sounds like it is going to be interesting. Do you know what day the closest conjunctions will be? It will be interesting to see what happens. It looks like you will have plenty of easy support for anything that psyche may throw your way. You have Mercury, and Sun Conjunct your natal chiron, so that show a good support system to me. We will need to take a look at this it will give us an idea how this works. I will also keep reading the book. LOL

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Back to the definitions for me!!!!!
    Oh shoot Lorrie, all you need to do is sit and watch for a while I think. This is about the transits, and how to time when an events may take place or start. Now you don't necessarily know what specific form the event will take, but you do have the specific nature based on the house, signs, and planets involved.

To look at this, get a chart that is a composit of today, and your natal chart. I generally use 12 Noon as time, and your current location for the daily chart, cuz that is during my waking hours. I don't use 12 midnight cuz I'm not awake then, so nothing will happen, except a natural disaster and I don't want to know about that.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; January 28th, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

Hi Lorrie,

"Transits" are when planets in the sky come into a conjunction, square, trine etc. with a planet in your Birth Scope. Recently we have been discussing Pluto (in the sky) going into Capricorn. I have my NorthNode/Venus/Ceres conjunction (in my scope) right at the beginning of Capricorn, thus Pluto (in the sky) (AKA Transit Pluto, or T Pluto) is conjunct my North Node/Venus/Ceres. Pluto is transitting my NN.

RedRose

Thanks Shatril,

Fantastic discussion topic. I notice that outer events tend to happen at the beginning of transits, right when the two forces meet; or sometimes right when the planets have exact aspects. Once the transit is waning, you can usually be sure that you have seen the worse/best of it. I also agree that stuff happens when a group of transits happen together.

That said, I can still never predict whether the event will be outer plane, or inner, or "good" or "bad". Every heavy thing that has ever happened to me has been at the beginning of some major transit, also every fantastic wonderful thing. The big trick while studying transits is to be beyond fear. Astrologers can get paranoid. Astrology makes a bad religion, which is why I post on a Pagan astrology forum. If someone is merged with the Goddess and trusts life, then ups and downs are simply blessons (blessings and lessons combined).

RedRose

Punxzen,

Chiron transits tend to feel "unfair" but again whether they feel unfair in one direction or the other, whether you feel unfairly cursed or blessed is hard to predict. But stay tuned about the sense of "unfairness" - know that it is a Chironic thing that is happening. With Chiron transits, we are being called to be Healers, Warriors, Teachers and/or Astrologers and we must take on these higher roles to pull off the training - so our mundane selves often feel burdened and as if sacrifices are being demanded of us. Knowing this can boost our confidence and help us take on the bigger role.

Or the bigger role may be taking you on and you are ready.

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; January 28th, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

redrose, what do you mean by 'bigger role'? i have definitely been in the heat of a crapload of what i consider unfairness, though the unfairness only affects me marginally and is negligable as far as im concerned. its a good friend of mine at work who is taking the unfairness square in the face and experiencing what seems like an absolutely tragic time in her life. i happen to be loaded up in it while i am at work and i suppose it is affecting me since i came home today with a killer tension headache and a bundle of sadness over the situation there.

shatril, from my estimation the transit complex is just beginning and will reach a few culminations during this mercury retrograde cycle. im thinking it started last week when the moon opposed chiron and my natal mercury and i whipped out my pen and started writing again after a long hiatus. its hit another moment here now with mercury goin stationary at 23* aquarius squaring my 23* taurus chiron, and this lasts til feb 1st. next is the sun conjunction with chiron feb 5 which happens to occur on my natal mercury.

if you want, i can post my chart and you can take a shot at calculating the average orbs and stuff and name some key moments you think i should pay attention to and ill let you know what happens.

all this happenin to my natal mercury is in my 11th house, natal chiron is in the 2nd.

edited to note that apparently mercury is going stationary directly on top of my natal juno as well (which means my natal juno t-squares my natal chiron and psyche.. )
    Last edited by punxzen; January 29th, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
    "My country is the world... and my religion is to do good."
    - Thomas Paine

Myspace

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
    - Gospel of Thomas

Hi Punxzen,

One way of taking a "higher" role in a situation like you describe is to offer to look at your friend's scope and transits. That casts you in the role of "astrologer" not simply co-worker.

With Chiron in the 2nd House, in Scorpio (right?) you are gifted at helping other people understand their value and prosper thereby. You can do this very discreetly and privately (Scorpio).

Doing ritual on her behalf is another way to quietly help, by taking the Healer/Teacher role.

RedRose

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    Hi Punxzen,

One way of taking a "higher" role in a situation like you describe is to offer to look at your friend's scope and transits. That casts you in the role of "astrologer" not simply co-worker.

With Chiron in the 2nd House, in Scorpio (right?) you are gifted at helping other people understand their value and prosper thereby. You can do this very discreetly and privately (Scorpio).

Doing ritual on her behalf is another way to quietly help, by taking the Healer/Teacher role.

RedRose
    You know I was just reading that Chironic healing does not necessarily mean a physical healing either. It may take on the type of things that Punxzen is describing here. I found it fascinating that mending the rift within a family would fit the healer, but that makes perfect sense to me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Shatril

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast