Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Multiverse

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe it means it was a dime instead of a quarter that got flipped.
    Blame it on the damn cat

"In Search of Schrodinger's Cat" and "Schrodinger's Cat and the Search for Reality" by John Gribbin are nice accessible introductions to the topic at hand
    "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

Unless you live in a house where the kids outnumber the cats, and then you blame it on the kids.

is offline awake in the land of sleeping . . .
    Imagination will often take us to worlds that never were. .. but without it, we go nowhere
    within each human, critter, plant. . . life in general, there is an energy or soul, a dot on the grand scheme of things . . . all of these dots are connected like an atom in a molecule, its exists in self and yet is separate from its self while being connected to everything else . . . we are connected to the earth, the earth is connected to the solar system, sol is connected to the milky way, which is connected to the rest of whatever is out there. the elements that we consist of are formed of protons neutrons electrons very basically. Now look at the whole thing in both a scientific and spiritual manner. . . the energy of an awful lot of stuff is there but when theres so much of it that its hard to pick and choose. everything we feel see touch hear and taste is merely a transfer of energy. emotions thoughts feelings ect. are the result of an electrical charge introduced to chemicals to be absorbed by the various tissues and systems . . . its all governed by DNA . . . a fancy term for a map of your personal elements . . . your connection on a molecular level to the rest of the dirt, air, water, and fire . . . the spirit is the anomaly . .. the undefinable charge that simply resides as a symbiont in your body. guiding and fooling the body sometimes at the same time . . . how does it all work . . . so simply and smoothly that unless you really try to sense it you wont . . . what does this all have to do with parallel universes . . . I believe it all has to do with the spirit and its ability to slip in and out of elements . . . to exist with an alone amongst the elements hence the astral self . . . this energy connects you to other selves in other "verses . . . each just another seen or unseen collection of elements existing just as this one in its own way doing as it will do. each just as complex as this if not more or less . . . or perhaps I don't know but logic points this way in my understanding . .. but the idea I'm getting is that these connections exist on an entirely different sort of realm the spirit realm I suppose. . .
    Last edited by riftdrifter; April 25th, 2008 at 03:42 AM.
    Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com

Yea, I remember hearing about this on a TV show once, where there's a mirror-image universe of ours. But that may have to do with time travel or something like that.

I'm not that technical, but it's still fascinating.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alright, this is a question that is really bothering me. Some say there's a multiverse, including our universe. But im not completely convinced. I know its possible, but my real question is: If there is a multiverse, does that mean that there are people that are suppose to be us in the other universes?
    Yep. Typically the men have goatees and the women sport bare midriffs. Everybody carries a dagger on their belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberias View Post
    Yep. Typically the men have goatees and the women sport bare midriffs. Everybody carries a dagger on their belt.
    That's completely illogical, Jim.

My understanding is that our universe bubbled off of another universe at the big bang. So our universe is actually part of something bigger called the multiverse. I think the big difference between our universe and the original multiverse are mostly in the laws of physics, not in the "history" of the universes. It doesn't seem from my understanding of the multiverse that there is another universe in the multiverse in which Hitler won WW2.

The many worlds thing is something different than a universe. I don't get that one at all.

Imagination will often take us to worlds that never were. .. but without it, we go nowhere
    each person has their own universe to themselves each interaction between people creates a multiverse . . . a new one forms or adds and subtracts by degrees or disipates . . . filtering through the connected universe accordingly . . . the whole thing changes with every moment causing each ebon and flow to increase or decrease like siesmagraphs overlaping . . . think auras . . . or . . . air currents . . . all things are the same in that aspect . . . food coloring in water . . . multiverses is just the macro to the micro of personal relationships.
    micro>X< macro a base theory of all things . . . microwave to gamma . . . root to crown . . . ect . . .
    Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

ahh simplicity . . . I think

Each person has their own universe to themselves each interaction between people creates a multiverse . . . a new one forms or adds and subtracts by degrees or disipates . . . filtering through the connected universe accordingly . . . the whole thing changes with every moment causing each ebon and flow to increase or decrease like siesmagraphs overlaping . . . think auras . . . or . . . air currents . . . all things are the same in that aspect . . . food coloring in water . . . multiverses is just the macro to the micro of personal relationships.

I just attended a lecture on this at the local university... I'll be honest, a lot of it went over my head (super physics-speak), but the jist I got from it was that there is significant mathematical supportive evidence that there are multiple "universes". This guy is studying it quite a bit.

It's not metaphysical mumbo-jumbo.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast