Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Multiverse

Check out Justice league Crisis on two earths.
    The concept is brought through the storyline and gives a example of the concept of multi universes.

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorSick View Post
    Check out Justice league Crisis on two earths.
    The concept is brought through the storyline and gives a example of the concept of multi universes.
    It depends. I think what JLC refers to is the Many-Worlds Hypothisis, which is different than the notion of other universes. In multple universes, the idea is that not only does each universe have a separate history and future, but each one has different physics -- different particles, different physical constants, and depending on how you understand it, different physical laws (considering that somehow the primal forces were supposed to have split off from one another), and so on. So not just the JLC but I think there was an old Trek in which an anti-matter guy from one universe was fighting a matter guy from the mundane universe because if the matter universe directly connected to the antimatter universe, there would be neither universe.

It's kinda strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of All View Post
    I think I saw on the Discovery Channel that some scientists believe that gravity is actually not a force from our universe, but a carryover from another universe. Craziness!

Speaking of "carry over" I read somewhere that the "paranormal activity" we may see or claim to see, could actually just be other living beings supposedly that have somehow crossed over somewhat into our universe supposedly.

It's pretty interesting stuff.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3