Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini reiki attunements- negative effects

Thanks for the advice;
    For the past few days I've been doing a breathing exercise that cool's down the Kundalini fire and it's helped a little, although I still feel a lot of heat in my hands and feet.
    I don't think I still need to be grounded, I'm feeling more a little more in my physical body now than I did last week.

So, the answers were covered, but I didn't see anyone talking about undoing attunements. It can't be done. They're initiations that will always remain with you. IMO, it was unwise for your master to give you the attunements so quickly as your body needs time to process the energy, but perhaps s/he knows something I do not as I am not a master.
    My law is love unto all beings..
    -The Charge of the Goddess

TryVegetarian.com

Forgive my ignorance, and I ask this respectfully, and not in a mocking way...and maybe this is best answered by Elise, or any other masters on MW...but what do attunements DO? Are they opening a persons inherent energy flow? Is it adding new energy into the mix? Why, what, how happens during what the OP is experiancing? Im not a reiki attuned person, but it has held interest for me for about a year to look into it..I wasnt aware an attunment/initiation could well, be a potentially unpleasant thing though. I get that she was given "too much too fast"..Im just asking WHAT she was 'given' to cause a physiological freak out...
    I mean, I can make GUESSES as to what is going on, but I'd much prefer to know from a master of the discipline.

many thanks,
    Brigid
    "We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers--you can blame anyone, but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's ALWAYS your fault, because if you wanted to change, you're the one who has got to change. It's as simple as that, isn't it?"
    -- Katharine Hepburn

I live on an incredible acreage in the Qu'Appelle Valley
    Glad to know u are feeling better, I have detached the ground.....actually last night I felt the pull was less. Let me know if u need it again, I would be pleased to help.
    Enter Her World
    ~Jaqueline Frost touches the flowers~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Brigid Rowan View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, and I ask this respectfully, and not in a mocking way...and maybe this is best answered by Elise, or any other masters on MW...but what do attunements DO? Are they opening a persons inherent energy flow? Is it adding new energy into the mix? Why, what, how happens during what the OP is experiancing? Im not a reiki attuned person, but it has held interest for me for about a year to look into it..I wasnt aware an attunment/initiation could well, be a potentially unpleasant thing though. I get that she was given "too much too fast"..Im just asking WHAT she was 'given' to cause a physiological freak out...
    I mean, I can make GUESSES as to what is going on, but I'd much prefer to know from a master of the discipline.

many thanks,
    Brigid
    My Master told me that the attunments open you to the flow of Reiki, while also giving you the Reiki energy to work with. In the Hindu traditions, every person has streams of blood as well as streams of energy-life force, which are called nadis. In a Reiki attument, the nadis are opened to allow more energy to flow...There are many ways to work with healing energy, of which Reiki is one. It is a specific tradition and during attunements, you become a conduit of that energy. You also become part of the lineage, tracing all way back to Dr. Usui.

This is what I've been taught. Masters, feel free to correct me.
    My law is love unto all beings..
    -The Charge of the Goddess

TryVegetarian.com

Some people seem to be able to open those conduits naturally. I was doing energy healing work about 10 years before I took a Reiki class and had my first attunements. My first metaphysical teacher did not teach me to use universal energy, only personal energy or earth energy. That was the biggest difference for me in learning to do Reiki - being able to access that unlimited source of marvelous energy.

I teach metaphysics to my Grove group these days, and I always teach them to open themselves to both earth energy and universal energy. Doing both brings a healthy balance in my opinion.

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigid Rowan View Post

many thanks,
    Brigid
    Sorry, we've been outta town for the weekend.

Yes, the attunements (or initiations) open you up to the Reiki energy flow. Once done, they can't be undone (or taken away).
    Most reputable masters won't do mega attunements like above...personally, I find the students need time to adjust to each different type of energy flows. I find each level of Reiki works on a different level of the individual, so I like for them to have time to process things and integrate them into their being.

Just MY way of doing things and NOT the ONLY way.

Elise
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Good grief your master (snort) really made a mess of your nadis's. Lets dump racing fuel into a ford pinto that's never had the engine cleaned and see what happens...

Well Lisa it seems your getting better so keep up the exercises and groundings. You will recover from this.

I am feeling more grounded and less spacey (but I'm not back to normal), and now my main problem is constantly feeling a lot of heat in my body, especially in my hands and feet, and I'm constantly sweating and hot, and sometimes I wake up and it feels like there's a huge wave of heat surging all throughout my body. I don't think there's anything that can be done about this so I hope eventually in time it will cool down.

That sounds so much like "hot flashes" except for the hot hands and feet. Breathing through a hot flash is a good way to deal with that surging hormonal energy (similar to breathing through a contraction during labor). I wonder if it wouldn't help you to get through the surges you're experiencing as well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast