Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Excavation starts at Stonehenge

Bwah ha ha the OP was a few hours early for April Fools!

Stonehenge next Dig below Heelstone

Quote Originally Posted by Theres View Post
    it is under close scrutiny, and has the approval of English Heritage AND the Druids
    (not sure what they have to do with it, but still).

what i don't understand is why this is in 'Paranormal'
    A303 / A344 / A360 Stonehenge Improvement Programme

There are Three (3) Tunnels to dig (The Pagan, The Druid, and The Wiccan) and an Airman's Corner Stonehenge Visitor Centre to build by the 2012 Olympics.

Airman's Corner, Stonehenge - Google Maps

Stonehenge Three (3) Tunnels' Names:
    A303 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Pagan Tunnel
    A344 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Druid Tunnel
    A360 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Wiccan Tunnel

Stonehenge Three (3) Tunnels' Lengths:
    The Pagan at Stonehenge - 5.5 kilometres (3.4 miles)
    The Druid at Stonehenge - 3.0 kilometres (1.9 miles)
    The Wiccan at Stonehenge - 1.5 kilometres (1.0 miles)

Stonehenge Visitors' Centre Name:
    Airman's Corner Stonehenge Visitor Centre

National Trust's going to Avenue Banks to withdraw Construction Funds from Heel Stone Vault for these Three (3) Tunnels and New Visitors' Centre next.

New dig probes Wiltshire's Stonehenge mystery (from This Is Wiltshire)

Heelstone dig Next:

Garry Denke - Stonehenge
    Heel Stone Refraction Seismic
    Denoco Inc. - Stonehenge
    Heelstone Refraction Seismic

Last edited by Garry Denke; April 3rd, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

You were right. Radargrams do exist. That's my bad. Somehow I've used GPR without ever hearing that term before. And according to your source, they identify mineral deposits. Which is not what you're talking about. You're talking about identifying very specific artifacts. So it's still BS.

Ok. I am tired, and I've basically exhausted my brain calculating refraction indexes, fresnal equations, creating Sub-Surface Scatter Nodes and writing shader networks.... but is this guy's posts at least partially nonsensical or I'm just obtuse today? Because all that techno jumbo I did today seemed a lot easier to get my mind around than the specific details of this thread.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Infinite Grey - I see what you did there.

No, you're not obtuse. Or, if you are, we both are. I guess plotting strata and accessioning potsherds wears away at a mind after a while, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Grey
    but is this guy's posts at least partially nonsensical or I'm just obtuse today?
    It would make two of us ... because I'm the one who moved this out of "Real Science."

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Fascinating Archaeology

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Blue View Post
    It would make two of us ... because I'm the one who moved this out of "Real Science."
    Stonehenge III Iron Teeth

NOW THAT Royal Society (RS) Fellow of Great Britain of the United Kingdom (UK) Doctor Geoffrey Wainwright, archaeologist and RS Fellow UK Doctor Timothy Darvill, archaeologist have verified German Society (GS) Fellow of Great Kingdom of the Tejas, Caddo confederacy (US) Doctor Garry Denke (1622-1699) historian, antiquarian, and dentist's 2nd iron tooth of three (3) broken off teeth from his Ten Iron Horned Hollow Stem Auger Core Drill of 1656 as 'a tooth made of iron', by metallurgy; and now that RS Fellow UK Doctor Geoffrey Wainwright, archaeologist and RS Fellow UK Doctor Timothy Darvill, archaeologist have confirmed GS Fellow US Doctor Garry Denke, dentist's Carboniferous Whitestone trench packed Double Bluestone Horseshoe Ordovician Volcanic rock as 'a glacial erratic from South Wales Coalfield Seven Sisters mining area', by palynology; both reaffirming GS Fellow US Doctor Garry Denke, dentist's Ten Iron Horned Hollow Stem Auger Core Drill at Stonehenge in the Spring of '56 (says 20th-21st June 1656 here): HERE ARE more geological, paleontological, and geophysical published Official Public (Deed) Records publicated papers from their reading list, should any dental technician or professional want to check-up the good Doctor's teeth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...Whilhelm_Denke
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...lm_Denke.2C_Sr.

Doctor Garry Whilhelm Denke, Sr. (b. April 19, 1622; d. February 19, 1699) was a German historian, antiquarian and dentist. He was born in Baden, trained at Schwarzwald School, Black Forest, in metal and wood dentistry. Dr. Denke is best known for his Stonehenge Heelstone flying eagle 1656 hollow stem auger core of Cartridge brass (70% Cu; 30% Zn) and Live oak.

After serving in the Thirty Years' War, he collected South Namur Waulsort and South Wales Coalfield white stone (Carboniferous) and coal stone from Stonehenge. Devoutly Catholic, Dr. Denke set out for Jamestown in the year 1666, was German Church historian and made Doctor by Sir William Berkeley governor dentist. He performed Appomattox Indian dentistry.

In 1676 Virginia Civil War, Dr. Denke opossumed Bacon's Rebellion and settled at Hell's Gate, Brazos River South Wall, Great Kingdom of the Tejas, Caddo confederacy. The Doctor's elder Waulsort and Wales white stone collection, his crude biology (paleontology) and hollow stem auger core drill are housed at Caddo, near Breckenridge, Stephens County, Texas.

Live oak (Quercus virginiana), Virginia algonquian (Didelphis virginiana)
    This German biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...e_Bibliography

Heelstone Bibliography

1) Denke, G.W. 1973. Stonehenge Phase I: An Openpit Coalfield Model; The First Geologic Mining School. (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 73: 1-56.
    2) Denke, G.W. 1975. Invertibrate Paleontology of the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) and the Upper Senonian Chalk (Late Cretaceous) of Stonehenge. (Arizona State University) GDG, 75: 1-7.
    3) Denke, G.W. 1977. Possible Source Areas of the High Tor Limestone (Early Mississippian) Fill of the Aubrey Holes and Heel Stone Ditch in Europe. (Arizona State University) GDG, 77: 1-24.
    4) Beus, S.S. 1984. Fossil Associations in the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) of South Wales. (Northern Arizona University) Journal of Paleontology, 58: 3; 651-667.
    5) Denke, G.W. 1984. Mid-Dinantian (Waulsortian Facies) High Tor Limestone: The First Stones Transported to Stonehenge from the South Wales Coast. (Arizona State University) GDG, 84: 1-4.
    6) Denke, G. 1984. Magnetic and Electromagnetic Surveys at Heelstone, Stonehenge, United Kingdom. (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 84: 5-42.
    7) Lees, A. and Miller, J. 1985. Facies variatian in Waulsortian buildups, Part 2; Mid-Dinantian buildups from Europe and North America. (Revised) Geological Journal, 20: 159-180.
    Geologist, Denke, G. 1986. The Paleontology of Stonehenge, England. (Arizona State University) GDG, 86: 1-3. (State of Texas) County of Stonewall, Book 393; 848-853.

http://www.archaeology.co.uk/index.p...=402&Itemid=26

First & Third Iron Teeth

German Society (GS) Fellow of Great Kingdom of the Tejas, Caddo confederacy (US) Doctor Garry Denke (1622-1699) historian, antiquarian, and dentist's 1st iron tooth of three (3) broken off teeth from his Ten Iron Horned Hollow Stem Auger Core Drill of 1656 was discovered by Royal Society (RS) Fellow of Great Britain of the United Kingdom (UK) Doctor William Gowland (1842-1922) chemist, metallurgist, and mining engineer's Stonehenge mine Stone 56' metallurgy in the Summer of '01 (says 20th-21st June 1901 here). The 3rd iron tooth of Doctor Garry Denke, dentist's three (3) missing teeth from his Ten Iron Horned Hollow Stem Auger Core Drill of 1656 snapped off the artefact sampling tool under Stonehenge Heel Stone flying eagle while penetrating hard Cartridge brass (70% Cu; 30% Zn) and Live oak (Quercus virginiana) at a depth of eight feet (8 ft, 2.4m) below ground level. The good Doctor's Diary of '56 says that is where it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=148728869
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=148729699

Archaeology is a fascinating subject. Enjoy.

Garry Denke
    Last edited by Garry Denke; April 29th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Stonehenge Coal Trend

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Grey View Post
    Ok. I am tired, and I've basically exhausted my brain calculating refraction indexes, fresnal equations, creating Sub-Surface Scatter Nodes and writing shader networks.... but is this guy's posts at least partially nonsensical or I'm just obtuse today? Because all that techno jumbo I did today seemed a lot easier to get my mind around than the specific details of this thread.
    Stonehenge Coal Trend

http://www.durhamrecordsonline.com/l...ds-british.gif
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhistory/F...thread=5273545
    http://www.thisisdorset.net/display.var.2199212.0.0.php

Doctor Garry Whilhelm Denke (1622-1699) diary
    German historian, antiquarian and dentist
    These translations are difficult, sorry

http://www.online-archaeology.co.uk/...?TOPIC_ID=2537
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhistory/F...thread=5312359
    http://www.thenakedscientists.com/fo...hp?topic=13284

Last edited by Garry Denke; April 20th, 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Survived the Ice Ages with Coal

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyddyon View Post
    Infinite Grey - I see what you did there.

No, you're not obtuse. Or, if you are, we both are. I guess plotting strata and accessioning potsherds wears away at a mind after a while, too.
    The Ancient Mines Coal

You just cannot beat the Ancient way of mining coal in 800,000 BC - 100,000 BC, living in a virgin coal seam is definitely a lot of work. The Ancient ignited the surface coal seam and mined all night long, while asleep. Warm and cozy by the fire, the Ancient surface coal mined itself. Yes indeed the Ancient coal mining operations were very time consuming. The Ancient hunted for food all day long, just to return to a hot continuous fire, as the coal mines. Well go ahead and yawn home builder, while sleeping, the Ancient coal mines a home heated cave.

NW to SE

Pembrokeshire Coalfield -> South Wales Coalfield -> Bristol Coalfield -> Salisbury Plain

Fields Map

Coalfield -> 40 miles -> Coalfield -> 40 miles -> Coalfield -> 40 miles -> Prospect Area

Geology Map

800,000 BC Coalfield -> 800,000 BC Coalfield -> 100,000 BC Coalfield -> Stonehenge

Stonehenge Coal Trend

Denke is saying that Ancient Britain's oldest 3 coalfields are spaced 40 miles apart, from NW to SE; first Pembrokeshire, second South Wales, third Bristol. The first (anthracite) and second (bituminous) were discovered by Homo erectus 800 kya, the third (bituminous) by Neanderthal 100 kya; Denke's hand-axes, coal cinders and fly-ashes dated. Later, after the extinction of Homo erectus and Neanderthal, the Homo sapiens explored Salisbury Plain for coal; first 10 kya (carpark tests), then 5 kya (henge ditches). Denke is saying these oldest 3 coalfields of Ancient Britain being aligned and spaced 40 miles apart is what caused Salisbury Plain coal exploration. Why? Because that area is 40 miles SE of Bristol in the surface coal trend. The Ancient observation of that NW to SE trend direction and equally spaced distance caused Woodhenge, Durrington Walls, Stonehenge, Avebury, etc spudding 5 kya by Homo sapiens in search of a fourth coalfield. After a persistent effort none of these test ditches yielded any coal, and according to Denke, they discovered the reason why. The "white stone" fossils encircling (coal bearing limestone) the oldest 3 coal fields were different than the "white stone" fossils in Salisbury Plain (non-coal bearing chalk). Denke is saying that tons of this encircled limestone from the oldest 3 coalfields were brought to Stonehenge for schooling Ancient Britain holdout wildcatters. Stonehenge was chosen as the school's site because it was unoccupied by Homo sapiens and an athletic field was already there. Later, 'higher education' rocks from around Ancient Britain's first and second coalfields, Pembrokeshire and South Wales, were brought as geology class exhibits for holdout extremists. Parents and teachers honoured Ancient Welsh coal miners on Saturdays, student football and athletics played on Sundays. Personally, my thought on this is that Denke was definitely insane, for as everybody knows, a school never has an athletic field. [Doctor Garry Whilhelm Denke (1622-1699) Diary (Summer, 1656) -descendant interpretation-]

Three (3) Coal Fields

Ancient Britain's oldest 3 coalfields' surface 40 miles apart; from NW to SE -> Pembrokeshire -> 40 miles -> South Wales -> 40 miles -> Bristol -> 40 miles -> Salisbury Plain -> where coal should have been present. The Ancient preferred using the 3 coalfields' fuel between the Ice Ages, and the Ancient survived because of the 3 coalfields' fuel during the Ice Ages.

Three (3) Test Holes

Salisbury Plain Prospect Area was first tested in 8,000 BC by Homo sapiens spudding 3 coal exploratory holes 40 miles SE of the Neanderthal Bristol Coalfield. They found no coal in the top layer "white stone", and they found no coal in the formation "white stone". 3 Pine Timbers from the 3 acidic soil NW coalfields were set in the 3 coal duster holes, bust marked.

...they rotted...

Coal exploration for Ancient Britain's preferred fuel in Salisbury Plain re-emerged around 5,000 years later, after 3 coal prospect bust holes' 3 pine timbers from the 3 surface coalfields had rotted. Homo sapiens sapiens re-surveyed -> Pembrokeshire -> 40 miles -> South Wales -> 40 miles -> Bristol -> 40 miles -> Salisbury Plain -> where coal was predicted to be.

Explored, Explored, Explored, Explored, etc

...they stoned...

Paleolithic 800,000-year-old Acheulian hand-axes from Homo erectus' opencast Pembrokeshire Coalfield anthracite coal cinders and South Wales Coalfield bituminous bottom ashes indicate pre-Neanderthal coal mining.

Homo erectus burnt 800,000-year-old Crosskeys Coal fly-ashes sampled from a Pontycymer Class C - Class F bituminous South Wales Coalfield mined Paleolithic cave dated 700,000 years previous to 100,000 years BC.

The German historian, antiquarian, and dentist, Doctor Garry Whilhelm Denke (1622-1699), recovered the 800,000-year-old Acheulian hand-axes and sampled the 800,000-year-old Crosskeys Coal fly-ashes in 1656.

Neanderthal followed NW to SE anthracite Pembrokeshire Coalfield - bituminous South Wales Coalfield trend to Paleolithic bituminous Bristol Coalfield discovery causing Homo sapiens' Mesolithic dug carpark 3 coal dusters.

Rest simple History, under the Heelstone.

Survived the Ice Ages,

Garry Denke

Last edited by Garry Denke; April 21st, 2008 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Denke View Post
    Stonehenge Coal Trend

http://www.durhamrecordsonline.com/l...ds-british.gif
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhistory/F...thread=5273545
    http://www.thisisdorset.net/display.var.2199212.0.0.php

Denke is saying that Britain's oldest 3 coal fields surface 40 miles apart, from west to east; Pembrokeshire, South Wales, then Bristol. The first 2 were discovered by Homo erectus 800kya, the third by Neanderthal 100kya, Denke's hand-axes, coal cinders and fly-ashes dated. Later, after the extinction of Homo erectus and Neanderthal, Homo sapiens explored Salisbury Plain for coal, first 10kya (carpark tests), then 5kya (henge ditches). Denke is saying these 3 oldest coal fields of Britain being aligned 40 miles apart is what caused Salisbury Plain coal exploration. Why? Because that area is 40 miles southeast of Bristol in the alignment. That equal distance and direction resulted in Woodhenge, Durrington Walls, Stonehenge, Avebury henges, etc. being dug 5kya by Homo sapiens on Salisbury Plain. None of them had any coal of course, and according to Denke they discovered certain coal bearing "white stone" (limestone vs. chalk) differences, carbonate fossils, as the cause. Because the other henge sites were being lived on by Homo sapiens, unoccupied Stonehenge was chosen for the school, with athletics. Later, 'education' rocks from around Britain's first 2 coal fields, Pembrokeshire and South Wales, were brought for Geology class exhibits. Teachers and parents honored Welsh coal miners on Saturdays, student football was on Sundays. Personally, my thought on this is that Denke is insane, because schools never have athletics.

http://www.online-archaeology.co.uk/...?TOPIC_ID=2537
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhistory/F...thread=5312359
    http://www.thenakedscientists.com/fo...hp?topic=13284

Garry Denke
    Ok, I'm going to ask this in all seriousness:

What drugs are you taking, and if you're not, which drugs SHOULD you be taking?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast