Thread: Wicca: The All/The One.

Wicca: The All/The One.

I have heard this deity mentioned before. Basically, the story was that The All/One created the universe, the God and Goddess, left, etc. etc. that's really it.

Basically, this is a Wiccan concept I've heard of. I've had Wiccans say that they have heard of this, believe in it, and others say that not only have they heard in it but they don't believe in it. I've also had WAY more Wiccans say that they have never heard of The One or The All before.

Basically, it's a concept that of all deities one deity I suppose. Then again, depending on your belief you coudl think that that's not true at all and that it is it's own separate deity. Not sure where I stand. But the issue at light here is the basis for this story.

We know of Gods and Goddess's cause they exist in mythology. I've read of this story in essentially one Wiccan book is memory serves right and I've read other excerpts of this deity/story online.

What do you all think? What do you Wiccans think?

- Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Westenn View Post
    What do you all think? What do you Wiccans think?

- Jeremy
    I view the concept of The All, which comes from Hermeticism- which Wicca borrowed from, as exactly as it sounds. It's not a god, because it is more than just the gods or the universe. It is everything- the collective energy of all things in existence, both corporeal and incorporeal things.

To me, the God and Goddess, and the other gods, emanate from The All, and are of the same substance, but at the same time they are their own beings and entities, separate from The All. Like how all living beings are different and separate, even though they are composed of the same organic matter.

I believe that. When I pray, I pray to "The one that is many, and the many that is one". It's what rings true to me, always has since I was a little girl. One God/Goddess...with many aspects that are the other God/Goddess
    The Lady Vatrovia (LadyV)
    My Site: The Witches Craft
    http://www.geocities.com/vatrovia/

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same!

Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition