Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Incense Magick

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I do burn insence almost nightly and spread the scent around my room, when thats all good and done, I place it in my insence holder and turn off the lights.

I find that if you focus on the cherried end to the point of "zoning out" and meditate after it puts me into a deeper much more calm state.
    I do this to fall asleep almost every night with lavender incense!
    It defintely helps me with my insomnia by having something to focus on and center my thoughts towards sleep and winding down. Plus there's the benefits of the lavender aroma!
    Last edited by aponi; March 16th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
    i am not a pretty girl. that's not what i do. i ain't no damsel in distress and i don't need to be rescued. so put me down, punk. perhaps you'd prefer a maiden fair... isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere? --ani difranco
    The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice Kingsley: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are..."

Question

Yes I've looked into this and I've always loved burning incense. I plan on using this along with my stones. I try to learn each element, earth, air, fire and water and see what I can come up with. Is there a web site where you can use your incense and what to use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
    How many people on here practice incense magick? I do. What I do is I find an incense that matches the needs that I want based on their magickal properties and then I burn it with a blessing from the God and Goddess. To me, it is a kind of simple spell that I can cast.

I've been do this for about 10 years
    Divine Sanctum : a place of acceptance and tolerance without judgement...

What type of incenses have you been making?

Be Gentle With The Earth

For the most part I use my incense in addition to spells, not as a spell on their own but it is a good idea of you're pressed for time. I might have to try it.

I am the Goddess. I am the Mother. All acts of love and pleasure are my ritual.

Incence use

Hi all. I'm not 100% sure I'm in the right place but now that I'm here I thought I might ask. Now most of us.. Witches, Wiccens and Pagens all at some point use incence in our rituals. What I wish to know is with oils. How can I mix my own? Say I want to mix a controlling and compelling oil. What oils do I need to mix it. And for Love what do I use there? equal mixtures of Rose, Violet and Jasmine oil isnt it??

Regards Raven

Vanilla incense helps clear your mind so you can be able to focus better without stress. It's sweet armona can help ease stressful negative thoughts so that you can feel relaxed. Some say it helps you recover memories. It's good to use when you're meditating.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

is offline talks to animals, real and "imaginary"
    I totally need to do this sometime. I've heard of it before, but haven't thought about it in a long time!

is offline Only when it's dark can you see stars
    I usually have a whole bag of them and either 1: chose the one that smells the best and which would sooth me the best at the time 2:use them depending on their magickal uses or just burn them to burn them
    I'll admit I'm a bit obsessive with incense
    Steal my power oh Beautiful Night
    Lift me up into your light
    A shadow in the shadows
    Blessed be
    Nothing is ever what you see
    -Amethyst Midnight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was recently involved with the Catholic Church again. For a long time I have been seeking. I never seem to be very satisfied with the Catholic Church though so I am slowly trying to leave it.

I find, unfortunately though, with my personality disorder that I often have a hard time sticking with one religion. In fact, I have lately honestly been having a lot of doubts and don't even know if I believe in a deity or not. I do currently classify myself as a person with New Age or Pagan type of beliefs but I don't know if any deities exist or not. Regardless, I do still like the rituals so I am thinking about getting involved again with some incense rituals.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast