Thread: What is Goddess Witchcraft?

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey

What is Goddess Witchcraft?

Because there is a "What is Dianism?" thread, I thought it might be good to extend it towards Goddess witchcraft.

Even though this is Goddess worship, it does highlight many aspects that can be contained within Goddess witchcraft.

Modern Goddess Worship:

Most Neopagan traditions worship the Goddess and God in balance. However, with the rise of feminism, new Neopagan traditions Wicca have been created in which the Goddess grew in importance, and the role of the God shrank into obscurity. One such tradition is Dianic Wicca.

The Goddess in both Goddess Worship and Neo-Paganism is often visualized in three aspects: Maiden, Mother and Crone. Her aspects are mirrored in the phases of the moon: waxing, full and waning.

The Maiden represents youth, emerging sexuality, the huntress running with her hounds. The Mother symbolizes feminine power, fertility, and nurturing. The Crone is wisdom, the compassion which comes from experience, and the one who guides us through the death experience.

Goddesses have been called by many names by different cultures and ages: Anat, Aphrodite, Aradia, Arianrhod, Artemis, Astarte, Brighid, Ceres, Demeter, Diana, Eostre, Freya, Gaia, Hera, Ishtar, Isis, Juno, Kali, Lilith, Ma'at, Mary, Minerva, Ostare, Persephone, Venus, Vesta, etc.
    From here.

What do you believe Goddess witchcraft to be?
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Since no one's answered this thread yet, I'd thought I'd give my opinion. I think Goddess Witchcraft is just witchcraft that involves The Goddess or a Goddess. Like, when Goddess Witches call on the aid of a higher power, it'll be The Goddess they call too, or a specific Goddess, etc.

And, maybe, the magic might have a bit more to do with "womens mysteries" things, like reproduction, fertility, etc.

In general, I think it's just witchcraft, like anything else, just with more emphasis on The Goddess or a Goddess.

Did that make any sense?.

Since I'm not a Goddess Witch or worshipper (well, I do worship a specific Goddess, Ereshkigal), so I might not know that much about it. Maybe others can help and add more info.

I'm working on an essay, I thought would suit this topic. I'll be posting it soon.
    Last edited by sparrowspirit; March 25th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
    Christina Sparrow

previous MW usernames: VioletStarLizard - lil'BuddhistWich - SunflowerWriter

I am a sparrow, the smallest of songbirds...

Goddess witchcraft is (as the name hints) witchcraft that focuses on invoking or calling the Goddess, or Divine Feminine, solely. Those who use Goddess witchcraft can be either man or woman (unless you're Z. Budapest), it just focuses solely on the Goddess or Goddesses.
    In short it's like a private session with Her.