Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dead cat transformed into black diamond ring

Dead cat transformed into black diamond ring

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...mond-ring.html
    Owner Sue Rogers then had the rock set in a gold ring so she can wear her beloved pet on her finger all the time.
    Black cat Sooty is now a third-of-a-carat and is thought to be the only black diamond in the world created from a pile of ashes.
    The diamond was created by a US firm that turns dead people and animals into everlasting gems.
    Cool, but creepy as hell.
    “Years and years of history books have taught us that America was shaped by the great deeds of great men and women. It was not. America was shaped by the great deeds of ordinary men and women. America always has been better than its government, that its people have always been more decent than their presidents, and that the strength and greatness of this nation lies in them, the men and women who are not great and who never will be.” - Roger Simon

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." -- George Bernard Shaw

Personally I love the idea.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

A black diamond... yes, I've heard of this before. These diamonds are usually a bluish colour due to the boron in people's bodies, so this one is a first.

They're a very neat idea. Strangely romantic, in a way.

Canada, land of the free...wait...Healthcare! yes!
    When I die, that's what's happening to me. Seriously. It's going into my will and everything. I's a gonna be a kick ass wand.
    I'm available for Tarot Readings

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

I know my wife's fat cat has to be able to at least make a full carat.
    “Years and years of history books have taught us that America was shaped by the great deeds of great men and women. It was not. America was shaped by the great deeds of ordinary men and women. America always has been better than its government, that its people have always been more decent than their presidents, and that the strength and greatness of this nation lies in them, the men and women who are not great and who never will be.” - Roger Simon

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." -- George Bernard Shaw

Wow awesome. Respect for the dead? No thanks I want jewelry
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

Adam and Meagan sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Founder of the Soli-Tarty movement - Pagan tarts unite (in my bedroom)

Hey, whatever floats your boat I guess. It's not a bad looking ring.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

I don't see anything that disrespectfull about it. I mean its not like her cat became a coster. I'm not sure but I think I've heard about them doing the same thing for people. I reminds me of how the Inca would bring out the bodies of their dead family members on certian festival days.
    As I was walking all alane, I heard twa corbies making a mane, the tane unto the nither did day, What sall we gang and dine the day?

is offline Somewhere between light and dark
    I know someone who wants to have that done with their ashes. I hadn't heard of it before they told me about it.

That being said, I don't think I could wear someone on my finger.

Blinkie from THE ONE AND ONLY FLAIRE! Thanks!! As always YOU'RE THE BEST!!

Now what if this was a person? Could you date a widow(er) knowing that s/he has her former spouse on the finger?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast