View Poll Results: What do you believe exist?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

81 64.80%
  • Demons

69 55.20%
  • Ghosts

113 90.40%
  • Faeries

85 68.00%
  • Leprechauns

43 34.40%
  • Vampires

56 44.80%
  • Werewolves

41 32.80%
  • Energetic Entities (not ghosts, but not on the physical plane either..)

106 84.80%
  • Other

65 52.00%
  • I don't believe in any of these things, and here's why...

4 3.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in...

I can't believe this thread lived this long.

Thanks for everyone that voted, voted and posted, etc.
    Smart-assery provided free of charge.

Der Mann, Der Tiger, Die Legende

Ghosted by ~Elise~ & Master Kodiak

Angels,demons, ghosts, vampires, energetic entities...reason? I have had experience of all of them, much as I would love to deny their existence.

Thankyou to Catiana for my beautiful banner.

by GEBS
    by Lady White Tree
    by la Tortuga

I believe there are spirits of varying kind and that is based on my experiences starting when I was about 8.

Interesting poll. I voted yes for quite a few of them. I do believe in the paranormal, always have and always will.

THE GREAT LORD ANUBIS

Please help my babies! Clickie please?! Thank you! Or clickie the link!

http://dragcave.net/user/LadyAnubis

I believe in angels and demons. Particularly, I understand the word "demon" in the original Greek sense - as in "daimon," an intermediary spiritual being that acts as a go-between between Gods and humans. Daimones can be good or bad - the Greeks called the friendly ones "agathodaimones" and the unfriendly ones "kakodaimones" - and in all actuality, angels are really just another type of daimon too. In particular, I've come to believe in succubi.

I also believe in ghosts. I believe my Grandpa is still watching over my mother, even though he passed beyond the Veil almost two decades ago.

I don't believe in vampires or werewolves like you see in the movies, but I do believe in blood fetishists, lycanthropes, and so-called "psi-vamps." Actually I'm good friends with an Asatruar lycanthrope who lives in New Jersey. He calls himself a "werewolf" but only in an ironic sense.

I also believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials - but I doubt very much that they float around in UFO's, abducting people. At least, I hope they don't. And I really really hope that Time Lords are real.
    Last edited by Darth Brooks; September 19th, 2008 at 04:04 PM.
    My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

I think vampires may be, if not the traditional Dracula-esque idea, I think there may be certain medical conditions, for example, that may make one behave in the ways traditionally associated with vampires. But I don't think I'd call that paranormal exactly. The others? I think some, or perhaps all, of them may exist, as ways that individual people interpret whatever phenomena or stimuli may inspire them. Some may see whatever it is that they actually do see as leprechauns, some as faeries, some as elves, some, who knows, as bunyips or yowies or some of the more exotic spin-offs. Whatever they are, I think they may indeed be real, but what people see them as, may depend. Some may see them as one thing, someone else may see them as something else.
    ~ Light up, light up, ~
    ~ As if you have a choice ~
    ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
    ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

It depends on the definitions of those. All of them are variable.
    For example, angel comes from Greek angelos, meaning "messenger". So, an angel in terms of a general messenger or agent of the gods, sure. But an angel as used in Christian mythology, no.

Similarly, a fairy as a biological entity and humanlike creature, as commonly portrayed...no; but as a Celtic genius loci, like a Nymph that can take various forms, because of its semidivine nature...yeah.

But, as I've said before on other threads- vampires and werewolves are right out. Loads of malarkey.

I voted Angels and I also believe in ghosts, fairies and other energies. I used to be sceptical but certain things happened in my life that I can't explain so I've come to the conclusion that they must be real.
    Land of the lost forests
    Ghosts of the wolves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other: Little Gods, Terrestrial Gods, Celestial Gods, Shinma

Little Gods are minor spiritual intelligences that govern individual trees, clouds, computers, et cetera. These differentiate from gods of entire forests, directional regions, celestial bodies or abstract notions.

Terrestrial Gods are major spiritual intelligences that govern oceans, storms, mountain ranges, cities, et cetera. They usually form the head of spirit courts. City gods are likely the ones most familiar with humanity as far as the Terrestial Gods go.

Celestial Gods are supreme spiritual intelligences that govern celestial bodies, constellations, and abstract notions such as health, war, or nature. They generally have a great deal of interaction with Terrestrial Gods, but not so much with humanity or the Little Gods.

Shinma are somewhere between spiritual intelligences and transcending abstractions. They include the all-encompassing ideas such as "stuff exists" and "this stuff is different from that stuff" or "that stuff is over there instead of here"; in other words, they tend to allow for things to exist, to have differentiation, identity, location, et cetera. It's doubtful if they have any kind of meaningful interaction with Celestial Gods.

I cant recall if I posted in this or not..

But I believe in a vast majority of things. ghosts, spirits, vampires, shifters, angels...etc and until someone shows me proof they don't exist I will continue to believe it is so
    buntla-na - those with no place; displaced; orphan; lost; criminal

"All your actions impact something, its up to you in what way."
    Cairo Azarcon "Cagebird by Karin Lowachee.

"Listen to your future not your past."(See above )

"Never regret, Never second guess."
    Vincenzo Marcus Falcone
    "Burndive" by Karin Lowachee

You think I'm the crazy one cause I talk of hearing the voice of an instrument and get entranced by the passion of the person playing it...I think you're crazy for not ever seeing or hearing it.
    - me

Myspace-
    http://www.myspace.com/thekittiegoesmeow

Deviantart(poetry,art photos)- Zodiac-kitten.deviantart.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast