Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Meditation of the day

Replacing negitive
    there are days when I feel very negitive..bored and sort of dark inside..and when those days happen I always take a cool cleansing shower visualizing the waters being rainbow colored as they pour over my head, sort of washing me clean ..
    then I go lie down {or sit} somewhere quiet and visualize a large glowing ball of energy I postively charge it then I instruct it to enter my body and cleanse out any dark stuff left.. you can feel the energy as it fills you and burns out the negitvity ..
    all I can say is it really does work and is amazing
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

this one I actually learned in Junior high in my Drama class..the teacher was trying to teach us relaxing teqniques for when we preform etc... this one worked really well for me and I still use it on those days I just cant relax..especilly good when you are trying to sleep and finding it rough

Its called the rag doll excersize
    You lie down and visualize yourself as a ragdoll filled with sand and tied at each limb...and neck you are filled so full you are nearly bursting..incrediably uncomfortable then slowly one by one you loose the strings at your limbs allowing the sand to flow out slowly and eveningly until you are nothing but a limp rag then imagine a nice breeze picks you up and catchs you as you fly around where ever you please
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

...In a traditional meditation during Lughnasadh, participants are encouraged to visualize themselves on the back of a crow (an important member of the Celtic fetish family), flying over fields bright with sunlight.

People are singing as they rake the hay into mounds, and you are so close you can smell the fresh hay and hear the harvesters' song.

The Sun of Lugh is high in the sky, but His strength is waning. As you alight in a nearby oak tree, there is a sense of peace and security as you are wrapped in Macha's wings.

Rest. You are in Her arms, the wings of the Mother, and basking in the warmth of the Father's rays....

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

well its a full moon sooo
    heres one to try

meditate on your moonshadow imagine yourself walking through a landscape of fields and woods in the magical light of the full moon.

see your moonshadow walk beside you on hedges and bushes and behind you on hillsides

moonlight is a wonderful surprise..we all expect to see our shadows during the day .. take the time to relize it also shows on this special night

the peace..the protection, love and the awe you will feel is without words

if you are having trouble with this visualization you probaly have never done it in person.. try it sometime

you will love it I promise!!

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Kuan Yin is known as the Great Celestial Bodhisattva of Compassion. Many believe that her purpose is to help people, and that by attuning to her, she will grace you with her compassion.

Quan Yin Meditation:
    Find a comfortable position and close your eyes. Imagine that it is nighttime and that you are on top of a hill looking out over the ocean. The full moon has just risen and the moonlight shimmers on the water. You gaze at the moon for a long time; the moonlight is powerful but soft, and looking at it makes you feel calm and happy.

The moon now begins to get brighter and brighter, so bright you can barely look at it. Gradually, it becomes Quan Yin herself, her whole body surrounded by a glowing aureole. She stands on a lotus that floats on the waves. At the sight of you she smiles a beautiful smile. Imagine her radiance filling you, her strength, her peace and her compassion becoming a part of you.

Finally, it is time for her to leave, and she becomes smaller and smaller. At last the sea and sky vanish too, and you rest in contemplation of the beautiful, empty space that is left. Let yourself become space. When you are ready, come back into your body and slowly stretch. Open your eyes and look at the world about you in a different way .

borrowed from the UWA {utah wiccan alliance}

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Quote Originally Posted by Astara Seague View Post
    Kuan Yin is known as the Great Celestial Bodhisattva of Compassion. Many believe that her purpose is to help people, and that by attuning to her, she will grace you with her compassion.

Quan Yin Meditation:
    Find a comfortable position and close your eyes. Imagine that it is nighttime and that you are on top of a hill looking out over the ocean. The full moon has just risen and the moonlight shimmers on the water. You gaze at the moon for a long time; the moonlight is powerful but soft, and looking at it makes you feel calm and happy.

The moon now begins to get brighter and brighter, so bright you can barely look at it. Gradually, it becomes Quan Yin herself, her whole body surrounded by a glowing aureole. She stands on a lotus that floats on the waves. At the sight of you she smiles a beautiful smile. Imagine her radiance filling you, her strength, her peace and her compassion becoming a part of you.

Finally, it is time for her to leave, and she becomes smaller and smaller. At last the sea and sky vanish too, and you rest in contemplation of the beautiful, empty space that is left. Let yourself become space. When you are ready, come back into your body and slowly stretch. Open your eyes and look at the world about you in a different way .

borrowed from the UWA {utah wiccan alliance}
    Whoa I actually could do that while reading so now I am going to go do it with my eyes closed this time .

very cool!!

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Seeking knowledge but cant find exactly what you need?

go inside to your own personal liberary we all have them that is where we file things away to remember or to not deal with at the moment...

sit there for awhile and notice all the books around and titles the different shapes and sizes...see if one in particular is glowing or standing out in some way then pick it up and read it.. if there isnt one wait on your liberarian

we all have one of them too.. it can be anything from a person to a thing this one is very wise.. ask them your question and what books may be helpful
    when you get it read and listen carefully

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Well this one is rather unstructured..My hubby suggested I put it in since I do this every day...so a little background..
    I find being a water element that water is very healing... comforting..peaceful..and always makes me feel better any time of the day or night that is one of the reasons why we bought a small hottub for the back yard because the one bathtub we have in the house is not always available for extended periods of time or on demand..

I am a big believer in daily "quiet time" or meditation..call it what you wish.. so every morning when I awake I take my coffee out onto the deck and quietly soak in the hottub for 1/2 hour alone...this is where I plan my day..ground and center myself for the day ..and enjoy the beauty of the out of doors...
    he says he can always tell when I didnt have or take the time to do this he says my whole attitiude is different

so I know we all dont have private hot tubs and we all may not enjoy water to the extent that I do but we can find a quiet spot outside where we can relax..listen to the sounds of nature experiance the feel of a new day
    you would be surprised the differnce even 15 minutes makes....

you could also do this in your own tub the great thing about indoor tubs is that you can put essential oils or salts in with you...hot tubs filters dont really like those

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

so heres one I use when I go to bed but am not real sleepy yet.. it borders on astral projection but they are both about the same..
    at least that is what I have found

so I lie there ans invision myself floating along the astral plane.. I notice the colors the planets, stars, whatever else and kind of lazily just float by and if I decide to stop I do and explore.. there are many diminsions you can find and people..
    you arent really thinking of anything in particular... your just kind of hanging there and waiting to see what will happen..

these types are my most adventerous explorations I have done...
    give it a try..its not that hard

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast