Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Meditation of the day

Paths of your life meditation

Find a leaf with a stem really take time to look at it contemplate the delicate veins fanning out from the stem to the leaf... they provide an image for the many paths a life can take.

use this image to reflect on your own life... tracing your way back to the stem, notice how every choice you have made has played a part in bringing you to where you are now

this will help you accept that every experiance has taught you something new and moved you further along your journey
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

i really like that one
    [SIGPIC]http://mysticwicks.com/signaturepics/sigpic21080_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

dealing with stress and anxiety..try this one

close your eyes and visualize your troubles as a swarm of bees buzzing around your head

now conjure up a hive in front of you and metally guide the bees one by one into the hive

as the last ones disappear from sight the buzzing stops and your anxieties have been shepherded away to a place where they can not bother you
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

This is another visit with a Goddess type meditation

She is Sibyl, the Pythia, the Prophetess
    sits sits legs spread over a deep chasm in the earth a memory of a recent earthquake
    the earth smells of sandalwood mixed with Kephi incense the finest offered

your body is relaxed as you breathe deeply the amber incense you are burning. there are others in this temple all waiting for when the Preistess looks into your eyes and says "show me your heart child"

It is now your turn the Preistess is focussed on you her eyes deeply penetrate your soul

with your right hand you take your heart with your whole life and feelings and hand it over to her warm capable hands

Feel her careful handling, as she receives your heart she kisses it, and all the hurt from your emotional body just melts away

now she is going to say something to you, wait and watch her face listen carefully, remember what is said

then she hands your heart back to you and you place it back into your body again
    you kiss her hands in gratitude and move to the back of the temple allowing others to speak to her

you feel her unconditional love

*borrowed from Goddess in the Office by Zsuzsanna Budapest*
    Last edited by Astara Seague; September 10th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Imagine you are walking barefoot down a warm sandy path, pink flowers are on either side of the path, a gentle breeze cools the back of your neck...breathe deeply and continue until you reach the edge of a cliff, a deep blue ocean spreads out below you, a large wave peaks and a beautiful spirit made of delicate seafoam embraces you and flies with you down into the sea...you are safe and warm in her arms...down you go under the water...past the sea floor and into another realm where color is bursting and plants are enormous and giant fruits dangle from waving trees...your sea spirit holds your hand and closes her eyes...she asks..."Who are you ?"You say, "I don't know," she says, 'You are a beautiful child of light, you are in a dreamworld where things don't always make sense, but hold onto the fact that You are truth." She squeezes your hand and in minutes you are back on the cliff watching her descend back into the wave. You walk back through the flowery path with a glowing sun in your heart.

very nice Windblown thank you for posting

heres another Goddess type Meditation
    focus on healing

Compose a four to five word note of what type of healing is needed,
    write it down the center of a paper and rollit in a scroll then close
    your eyes

Chant the words you have written, as you do this visulize yourself in
    a green valley in ine hand hold the scroll in the other a black
    velvet pouch.

In front of you is a very steep hill soon a horse and rider appear
    as they come down the hill towards you... you recongnize Epona..Goddess of healing
    When she reachs you she takes the black pouch from your hand remain
    chanting as she rides back up the hill

and you relize the pouch contains the illness you watch as she
    continues her way until she is out of sight
    stop chanting and open your eyes tie the scroll with a white ribbon
    and put it somewhere safe until the sickness has passed

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Bookstore meditation
    true most people have a certain book in mind when they go to the store but then there are sometimes when you just want a book, and you want the right one so maybe give this meditation a try
    dress in brown and if possible wear Amber as jewelry or the scent, if you dont have amber Eo's try sandlewood or patchouli, cypress, or cedarwood.
    when there take a seat if possible if not just lean or stand and meditate upon the shelved books , take in their titles their colors and so forth, and listen to see if any "call" to you much like you would pick a stone or a crystal, if you still get nothing put your hands up with palms toward books and move hand along shelf, when you hit a warm spot stop, pick that book and chances are its the one you really need

borrowed from Denise Dumars

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Samhain Meditation

If you have pictures of those you want to give thanks and honor to, that is helpful, or you can hold an image of them in your mind. Lighting a candle is also often helpful with focusing for meditation. If you wish to make an altar, you can also decorate it with herbs and plants sacred to Samhain - pumpkin, acorns, and sage are several. Pick a time that you will not be disturbed, and a quiet place to perform the meditation.

Light the candle, sit quietly and breathe deeply, breathing in four counts and out four counts. Feel yourself rooted to the earth. Silently give thanks to the earth energies, to the Gods/Goddesses, the directions - whatever you hold as sacred in your own spiritual tradition. Give thanks for the earth energies that protect you during this meditation and ask your own guardian spirits/animals/angels to be with you and let no harm come to you.

When you are ready, picture the first of those you wish to give thanks to, either by first gazing at their photo, or by holding their image in your mind. When you can see them clearly, give thanks for the lessons and gifts they gave you in life. You can either do this silently or out loud, whichever is more comfortable for you. It is also the time to ask for guidance or communication from someone who has passed. When you are done, sit quietly, try to still your mind, and see if any words or guidance come to you. When you feel complete, move on to the next person.

Remember that if you ask for a sign, it may not come during the meditation ritual; it could come at another time, and be as subtle as a special feather found on a walk. Just be aware and watch the world around you. Signs from those who have passed are often very subtle and will have meaning to only you.

When you have completed giving thanks to the people you wished to include in the ritual, sit quietly for a while, then give thanks again to the energies, protective spirits and deities that you called in the beginning, and release them back to the world. Give thanks for the protection you were given during the meditation ritual, and then blow out the candle.

borrowed form Anna Armaiti
    Last edited by Astara Seague; October 26th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Feeling up in the air..maybe you need to ground yourself
    this is a meditation/visualization that may help,

Stand or sit like a tree or bush would
    then close your eyes take a few deep breaths, visualize what type of
    tree or bush you would look like and say to yourself
    Like a tree I stand reaching for the light, gaining strength from
    darkness out my roots,my body is twisted by the storms of life,yet in
    my uniqueness I am beautiful

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

These are fantastic...I'm going to try the very first one tonight, and after I am done I will post and let you know anything I experienced...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast