Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bermuda Triangle

The Bermuda Triangle

So what does everyone think is going on down there?

Since 1945 there has been over 1,000 souls lost.
    I quoted a portion of text from a webpage with a bit of facts and history but I would like to know what everyone else thinks..

Many theories have been given to explain the extraordinary mystery of these missing ships and planes. Evil extraterrestrials, residue crystals from Atlantis, evil humans with anti-gravity devices or other weird technologies, and vile vortices from the fourth dimension are favorites among fantasy writers. Strange magnetic fields and oceanic flatulence (methane gas from the bottom of the ocean) are favorites among the technically-minded. Weather (thunderstorms, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, high waves, currents, etc.) bad luck, pirates, explosive cargoes, incompetent navigators, and other natural and human causes are favorites among skeptical investigators.
    http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_b..._triangle1.htm
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

You have to expand your criteria out a bit. There are at least 12 known spots on the Earth that exhabit the same affects and have the same volume of disapperances.

I known of the Devils Sea which is located in the South China Sea / Sea of Japan area. There is one known as the Great Lakes Triangle. One located in the Indian Ocean near the area of Diego Garcia.

I saw a map years ago that indicated if one was to place a pin in the center of the area and push it through the Earth it would come out in the center of another area on the opposite side of the Earth. If I recall correctly there where 10 of these about the equater area, actually a bit above and below the equator. There was supposed to be one at each of the poles as well.

Theories? To many to speak of and too much distortation of the facts. For instance their is the story of a Dutch training ship under sail that vanished in clear seas. Only problem when it vanished their actually was one of the worst recorded hurricanes in the Carribean recorded at that time. Then there is the Yacht "Witchcraft" which supposedly vanished at the anchor lights off Miami, only one problem it can not be verified as ever having occured.

The area is known for rogue waves of monster heights. Thier is a record of a war ship (Destroyer If I recall correctly) being caught on one and carried miles inland. That is verifiable as the engine and parts of the ship are still there. It also occured in a harbor and a number of other ships were destroyed at anchor.

Flight 19 is perhaps the most well known but even that can not be proven as that they were still in the area and had not miss identified their markings and actually flew out into the Atlantic. Ironically, nothing is really said of the B-17's that had a few vanish earlier. Star Arial and Star Tiger really can't say but thier sister ship vanished in the Andes. Only recently has the debrie of its crash started being dropped from the ice flow that covered the wreckage.

Edgar Cayce predicted that the first signs of Atlantis would be found their and they found the Bimini Wall. I know an airliner witnessed an eruption of water similar to a volcanic eruption. Another airliner recorded the location of a massive underwater temple it had flown over.

What is going on there I do not know but it is an area that has a higher than normal amount of loss of life, vessels (air and surface and possibly subsurface) But it is also an area that has had a high rate of 20th century piracy, a high rate of drug running and a extremely high rate of distorted facts published as truths.

I am talking about a specific area on the planet known as the bermuda triangle.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

The Bermuda Triangle/Paranormal

I am very involved with the psychic connection/clairvoyant side of the paranormal, which I talk about in my novel Occam's Razor...dealing with The Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis. Where do I find people with similar interests? I once lived in the Virgin Islands where I witnessed odd behavior in the sea. Have much to discuss. Half Native American which is where my sensitivity to clairvoyancy and /or our badly endangered environment comes from.
    Writing Teacher

this is the main index for the Paranormal forum

http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127

from here, the topics are broken down into subforums by category. you can either join in a discussion or create a new thread by clicking on the new thread link at the top.

I am going to take a guess and say just about 90 % of the people here have similar interests. There is even a natvie american section as well.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

I understand the area you refer to. Yet even the image you provided is incorrect to the extent that most agree it forms a trapazoid shape and the boundaries are fluid at best. Even that is incorrect to the extent that its boundaries change to suit what ever author is writing the book and what they wish to include.

The Marine Sulphur Queen vanished in the straits between Cuba and the tip of Florida. The drift of floatsum and currents was used to make an estimate. The Sailing vessel Mary Celeste is located on the far western boarder (near the Azores) beyond the area shown. The collier USS Cyclops last seen along the Carolina coast area. The Carroll A. Deering found abandonded and ashore in the Carolina's, yet stories persist of the darkened ship that followed her.

What of the Saragosso Sea and the stories from there. A weed filled stretch that chokes ships and holds them till they rot and are pulled beneath the surface. Sometimes included in the Triangle sometimes not. Yet that is the area most often referenced when they use the Columbus stories of lights on the horizion or things falling from the sky.

It doesn't touch upon the concept of the Chuppa Cabbra that is sometimes associated with Puerto Rico. It doesn't touch upon the Puerto Rico Trench and stories associated with deep sea monsters and strange craft.

Realility, you probally have a large number of ships and pleasure craft lost due to weekend skippers. It's a high vacation and charter area and the Coast Guard has logs and logs of distress calls. A large number of ships lost to accident or storm are added to the story line to make it seem better.

The area has a large number of water spouts that frequent the area. I've stood on shore in the area near Pensacola (pan handle) and watched as many as four walk accross the horizon. I've seen them at sea where they just rise up and appear, any ship in thier area is sunk before they get so much as a mayday off. That doesn't account for the number of vessels that where damaged by rouge waves in the area and give an indication of the waves path and speed.

Spanish records dating back to the 1500's speak of the dealdy storms and sudden change in weather that happens in the area. Today we can see a storm go from tropical to hurricane and back in a few hours or days.

Granted their are magentic anomalies noted in the area. Those anomalies combined with rapidy developing storms spell trouble for even the most skilled skippers. Up drafts, downdrafts and wind shears of hurricane strength have been recorded there. A plane caught in one would probally be torn apart.

Most often the lack of debry is listed as unusual. Strange that the Coast Guard and Navy reports frequently do not mention that. Of course they also realize that ships travelling in the area and expecting rough weather have everything tied or bolted down and it maybe years if ever before it would break free, if it did at all. Inversely, ships listed as lost because of name plates and life vests and bouys found adrift have been found safe in harbor but beaten to pieces by some storm.

Add that some of the more barren costal area's were the havens of wreckers. Frequently lighting false coastal lights to lure ships onto reefs and such then perhap killing the crews and passengers. That is one theory for the Carroll A. Deering.

I am curious though your asking for input but where is yours?

eta: please don't take this as an attack or anything this was just one subject area that I spent hours and hours researching and reading everything I could get my hands.
    Last edited by monsnoleedra; June 12th, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

I have no idea what is going on with the Bermuda Triangle and other similar areas on the earth. However, I find it interesting and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

No, I take no offence at all

Well ok, the reason why I asked was because I am also curious. I have read some things on it and watched various documentaries etc.. I have also read that there have been what some believe to be the remains of the lost city of Atlantis burried beneath the sea. My Friend Michael (writing teacher) has also done some extensive research into this for his novel.

I have also seen documentaries about the ufo connection, etc..

Id like to know also because I will be going down there soon and well I guess I will find out for myself, lol..
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

I know Edgar Cayce predicte that the first signs of Atlantis would be found in the area around Bimini in the 1950's if I recall correctly. When his date came to pass divers discovered the Bimini Wall on the bottom of the ocean. I do recall that the wall was followed for a bit but it drops into the deeper waters so thier was no point A to point B exploration. I believe other smaller walls have been found by nothing of the magnitude of the bimini wall. Though actually the wall is also speculated to have been a road way at one time.

http://edgarcayce.org/am/atlantisnews.html

http://all-ez.com/atlantis2.htm

One thing of interest is off the coast of Japan (okinawa area if I recall correctly) another sunken city was found that resembles many of the Bimini features.

http://members.toast.net/rjspina/Japan's%20Underwater%20Ruins.htm

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/japan/japan.html

I don't recall the book right now but one came out a number of years ago that presented the idea that through psychic vibrations and spiritual seances that the authors and researcheers were able to speak to the spirits of some of the vanished "souls".

The primary idea presented was that the area was actually a deminsional doorway and when it opened or closed the people, vessels, etc in the area where pretty much vaporized on the spot. The total destruction accounting for the lack of distress calls, wreckage, bodies all of it. It speculated that their was a time cycle to the doorway and that it was more active in the winter if I recall correctly.

Those ships or planes on the frings would experience electirical and magnetic variances and see visual changes to the barriers. I think it was alwasy the floating cloud mass that seemed to run counter to prevailing winds and storms. A few reports I know of speak of the barge that disappered as a cloud settled on the tow line. I vaguely recall a old battleship being towed that slipped the line and lost a salvage crew then slipped again in a heavey fog to be lost forever that time.

I guess one could say they passed the open door then entered it all the way the next time.

The book also spoke of the gateway as being used for demensional travel and the "Spacemen" used the area as a base of operations. This is where the Puerto Rico trench came into the script.

I will admit for each theory presented as possible their are 10 more that are probable and a few that are presented as scientific fact. Yet in realility the only ones who know are no longer here to say what happened.

I do think the most damaging thing to any of the theories is they are repeated wholesale from book to book as are the stories. Yet as each author claims to have researched them the truth gets lost or ignored in favor of the story they are creating. Unfortunatley, any truth in the story is lost and thus becomes suspect when it is found to be something of a possible nature and cause for the event.

http://www.csicop.com/sb/2007-09/nickell.html

If Atlantis did not exist, then the question is who put the giant rectangular stones in the ocean off Bimini and on into the Bahamas. And speaking of the Bahamas, I'd like to know what lays deep within the nearly bottomless hole in the ocean off Andros Island called The Tongue of The Ocean Drop Off, where aircraft, boats and people have been disappearing for hundreds of years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast