Thread: helpful hint for the day

helpful hint for the day

this thread is to help those of you who may have a problem meditating by sharing ideas to help you get into 'that' correct state of mind
    beyond candles, incense and nice music
    Last edited by Astara Seague; July 2nd, 2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

stand in the middle of a room hold up a peice of paper with a square cut out of it arm length from you then turn slowly watching the room pass across the square
    as in meditations you see yourself as a point of stillness in a world that is constantly moving
    this also helps you remain calm, when those around you are not
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

If you want to perform any type of psychic work, including magic you must first learn to sustain a single thought for a long time until deep concentration can be achieved at will!

that is why meditation is so important to us who practice the craft
    I learned that Visualization + Meditation = Success

Here is an idea on how to practice visualization
    Begin by looking at an object for 5 minutes study every detail and put it in your memory then cover it or put it out of sight and write down all you remember about it
    Start simple and move up to more items

After you have done this exercise and feel confident then try closing your eyes and visualize blank then see yourself, and all that surrounds you, then take away the things and see yourself alone in a complete blank world, then enter different things in your world with you one by one, then take them away
    again this is a good way to start to practice

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Meditation helps us quiet our mind and release the past hurts by being fully present, knowing the joy of the moment and transforming the quality of our thinking and begin to heal the heart.

When practicing meditation or visualization aim for the balance between creating the image and allowing the image to form, the key is being playful without loosing the gentle concentration to be creative.

Never struggle with thoughts and feelings instead simply observe them, with observation comes a natural detachment that allows you to continue taking steps towards the heart of yourself, relax and just be.

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

sometimes while meditating.. images appear that we do not expect and can not understand at the moment, but they have meaning or they wouldnt show up ..

my suggestion is to keep paper beside you {even in your journal if you keep one} and draw the picture or at least describe it the best you can

you will find as you are recalling it it will take on a life of its own and additional details may suggest themselves to you..it may even differ in the picture then what you were trying to draw ..allow it to happen and let the meanings explain themselves to you either after or as you go

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

Quote Originally Posted by Astara Seague View Post
    If you want to perform any type of psychic work, including magic you must first learn to sustain a single thought for a long time until deep concentration can be achieved at will!

that is why meditation is so important to us who practice the craft
    I learned that Visualization + Meditation = Success

Here is an idea on how to practice visualization
    Begin by looking at an object for 5 minutes study every detail and put it in your memory then cover it or put it out of sight and write down all you remember about it
    Start simple and move up to more items

After you have done this exercise and feel confident then try closing your eyes and visualize blank then see yourself, and all that surrounds you, then take away the things and see yourself alone in a complete blank world, then enter different things in your world with you one by one, then take them away
    again this is a good way to start to practice
    While helpful, learning to hold a single thought is not completely necessary to learning to do psychic work or magic (energy work).

Quote Originally Posted by Astara Seague View Post
    sometimes while meditating.. images appear that we do not expect and can not understand at the moment, but they have meaning or they wouldnt show up ..

my suggestion is to keep paper beside you {even in your journal if you keep one} and draw the picture or at least describe it the best you can

you will find as you are recalling it it will take on a life of its own and additional details may suggest themselves to you..it may even differ in the picture then what you were trying to draw ..allow it to happen and let the meanings explain themselves to you either after or as you go
    Keeping notes is very useful, drawing pictures is a great idea, one could even keep a voice-activated recorder beside them to keep track of what was sensed or picked up.

Incense

to calm your mind right before meditation, try lighting an incense that is very calming such as :

Myrrh, Rosemary, Chamomile, Melissa, Frankincense, Sandalwood,
    Ylang Ylang, or Lavender

sit comfortably and close your eyes , as you breathe in... focus on your awareness on the smell as it enters your nose

visualize the smell as a beautiful light flooding your body with liquid calm do this for at least 5 minutes and you will find not only is is calming but it will also trigger nice calming past memories

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

If you cannot meditate in the morning, the evening is the next best time, because in the evening at least the atmosphere is becoming calm and peaceful. At noon nature is wild and restless, so your meditation may not be very deep or intense. But in the evening nature is preparing to rest and it does not disturb you.

When you meditate in the evening, you can look at the setting sun and try to feel that you have become totally one with cosmic nature. You can feel that you have played your part during the day most satisfactorily and, like the sun, you are going to retire.

In the evening you are tired, and you feel that the whole world is also tired. But there is a slight difference between the world's approach to the truth and your approach. When the world is tired, it will not aspire. It wants only to rest. But you feel that your tiredness can be overcome by bringing more light and energy into your system. When you pray and meditate, at that time new life and new energy enter into you and refresh you.

Sri Chinmoy

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

don't stop! keep it coming!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All phenomena of which we are aware occurs in the mind, therefore the only thing we have to look at is the mind" -Aliester Crowley, on Yoga

"The mark of a moderate woman is freedom from her own ideas" -Lao Tzu

"I shall question him and examine him and test him" -Socrates

"You may win or lose, but to be yourself is all that you can do." -Chris Cornell

"Don't you f**king judge me" -Slipknot

"The fool who is conscious of his folly is thereby wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the one to be called a fool." -Lao Tzu