Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Runic tattoos

Runic tattoos

Does anyone here have one?

I have been working on two separate designs for awhile now and I hope with in the next month or two I can actually get one of them done

I don't have any yet but its very much in the plan someday. But all of my tattoo plans have been shoved back due to pregnancy and the death of my artist. I haven't thought of any designs yet but I know I want them included in my sleeve.

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
    CovenSpace
    Facebook
    PaganSpace.com
    PaganSpace.net

Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightening?
    My hubby has my name on his arm in witches' runes. He was gonna get it done in Germanic runes but he decided against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
    My hubby has my name on his arm in witches' runes. He was gonna get it done in Germanic runes but he decided against it.
    How come ? Did it not suit him?

I have a tatoo on my left upper chest that looks like the skin is peeling back to reveal the flesh underneath with red background and runes in black. It uses a rune for five of the gods that I got from a book "Rites of Odin", unsure how true those runes are to those gods now.. but I digress.

Anyway, written in runes it basically says:

Tyr, Odin, Thor, Frey & Freya give me courage

It was a rough trip after I first got it. Some harsh hardcore lessons but in the end, it definately got me where I wanted to be. Totally one of those.. becareful what you wish for kinda things

After I first got it, someone I know who is very familiar with runes looked at me like I was insane and told me it was going to be trouble.

It was definately trouble LOL. But now, it's a reminder of the places I've been and things I've done to have the courage to be who I truly am and want to be

Quote Originally Posted by Cyricx View Post
    I have a tatoo on my left upper chest that looks like the skin is peeling back to reveal the flesh underneath with red background and runes in black. It uses a rune for five of the gods that I got from a book "Rites of Odin", unsure how true those runes are to those gods now.. but I digress.

Anyway, written in runes it basically says:

Tyr, Odin, Thor, Frey & Freya give me courage

It was a rough trip after I first got it. Some harsh hardcore lessons but in the end, it definately got me where I wanted to be. Totally one of those.. becareful what you wish for kinda things

After I first got it, someone I know who is very familiar with runes looked at me like I was insane and told me it was going to be trouble.

It was definately trouble LOL. But now, it's a reminder of the places I've been and things I've done to have the courage to be who I truly am and want to be
    Thank you for sharing that with us.

I have Thor's hammer between my shoulder blades and around it "protected i walk thru life" is written in runes. Since getting it done three years ago, I have felt nothing but love and protection.

I have Aegishjalmar on my left shoulder and the Runic Helm on my right shoulder. I've got many more to come.
    Walking Wolf's Road: A work in progress by D. Burch

I'm ANTI-Peta! I will not support them, nor their associates.

I have Thor's hammer between my shoulder blades and around it "protected i walk thru life" is written in runes. Since getting it done three years ago, I have felt nothing but love and protection.
    That sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rasari View Post
    I have Aegishjalmar on my left shoulder and the Runic Helm on my right shoulder. I've got many more to come.
    So what else do you have planned?
    Last edited by SilverClaw; November 4th, 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Canada, land of the free...wait...Healthcare! yes!
    I'm pretty good at combining runes in an artistic and magical way if anyone's interested in my help! ^_^
    I'm available for Tarot Readings

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast