Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Runic tattoos

Kraheera, your choice of hands makes sense - especially if you are right-handed. The left hand is often used for receiving and banishing energy, while the right is often used for sending and applying energy. The most common reason I've read or heard for this is that it has to do with nadir and the flow of chakric energy in the body. Don't know for sure if that's why, but it works for me.

A general comment on tattoos. Think hard before you decide what you want. For instance, you may decide you'd like algiz tattooed on you. For many situations, this works quite well. But there may be a time when you need to be vulnerable and unprotected, a time when this tattoo's energy will work against your intent. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't get a rune tattoo - the ones I'm seeing and hearing about on this thread are WAY cool. I'm just saying think through every situation because there are times when any given rune could be either desirable or undesirable. You may still choose the tattoo, but you may find there are times when you will want to obscure its energy. Knowing how its energy works will help you make the best decisions about such things.

I have been considering a tattoo for a long time, but haven't really been too serious just yet because I don't have the funds. If I ever do, I'll have to get a picture and share it here at MysticWicks.
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

My website: http://www.bookofspirals.com
    My blog: http://www.bookofspirals.com/blog
    An ezine I co-founded: http://spiraltree.weebly.com

Thanks Scott. I am aware that it could cause issues for those times when I need to be more vulnerable, and I'm accepting of that. I see tattoos as being very important in spiritual and psychological senses...

And so I'm pretty set on getting those armbands done. But I know that they may cause me some obstacles in the future, and I look at that as an opportunity to grow, to become more flexible and find ways to break through to better things.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

I designed a tat w/my dead friends initials in a Futhark style runic setup... just wish I could find the tattoo artist to get a dam touch up...
    Well I hope you find him or find someone just as qualified to do the touch up.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken View Post
    That looks awesome :D

A general comment on tattoos. Think hard before you decide what you want.
    Yes that is mentioned alot in rune tattoo threads in the art forum and here in this forum. And as a tattoo designer and Rune user I feel that you need to make sure you understand your runes and develop a connection with them before you do anything . Then make sure you do your research on your tattoo artists.

I have been considering a tattoo for a long time, but haven't really been too serious just yet because I don't have the funds. If I ever do, I'll have to get a picture and share it here at MysticWicks.
    I have been to ( 10 years for me at least with this rune one) and even have a design I am still tweaking.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; February 14th, 2009 at 09:41 PM.

I also know I have a "safe tattoos and piercings" checklist in my papers that I saved from a health class years ago. When I do it, I'm going to walk into several shops and be like, "To start with, let me see your autoclave..."

If I get something like, "We don't show our equipment to the public", I'm leaving ASAP.

As far as the design... at one point, I wanted each of the Norns' runes within a larger picture. That was years ago, when I wasn't really thinking about what would be the best idea. I doubt I would do that now.
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

My website: http://www.bookofspirals.com
    My blog: http://www.bookofspirals.com/blog
    An ezine I co-founded: http://spiraltree.weebly.com

I've had plans for a little while to have each of the runes tattooed onto my body onto cooresponding power points and whatnot, in the hopes that it will help me better understand the runes, and let them flow through me, as well as be a part of me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneicResearch View Post
    I've had plans for a little while to have each of the runes tattooed onto my body onto cooresponding power points and whatnot, in the hopes that it will help me better understand the runes, and let them flow through me, as well as be a part of me.
    Sounds interesting, but just my opinion I would start developing an understanding or connection with the Runes before you do something like that, you may find that some Runes are not suited for you. ( as I said just my opinion.)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensEye View Post
    Sounds interesting, but just my opinion I would start developing an understanding or connection with the Runes before you do something like that, you may find that some Runes are not suited for you. ( as I said just my opinion.)
    Actually, before, and after each rune,(I'll be doing them one at a time) I'll spend a fair amount of time learning as much as possible on each individual rune, so that knowledge and understanding of them are like second nature. I'm looking at about 4-5 years before I'm completely finished.

There is an odal rune on my arm, for personal reasons. I plan to make my daughter's name in runic alphabet tattoo with roses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Between every rose there is a sword

Quote Originally Posted by RuneicResearch View Post
    Actually, before, and after each rune,(I'll be doing them one at a time) I'll spend a fair amount of time learning as much as possible on each individual rune, so that knowledge and understanding of them are like second nature. I'm looking at about 4-5 years before I'm completely finished.
    Ah ok that sounds like a good plan Wish you all the best in your journey.

I plan to make my daughter's name in runic alphabet tattoo with roses.
    Is this something that you plan on doing soon?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast