Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: How long did you 'study' for before starting to practice?

I wasn't addressing you in particular but I'm glad you answered.

I certainly understand and respect your family constraints. You don't have to have a lot of obvious gear to do spell work but it will change the energy in your environment so working at home may not be the best thing, even people who are not magic workers can usually feel it on some level so your decision to wait is probably a good one. It's wonderful that you have learned to respect other people's boundaries.

You will find ways to express that part of your path if when and if it's important. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still in the study phase myself. I'm a little nervous about starting practice but I think as I study more my confidence will grow. I'm already looking for my alter items, and I've ordered a set of tarot cards to start with (start with more casual things like the tarot, then move on to include circle casting then spells).

I'm still feeling out my path as well but I think I have most of it worked out Don't limit yourself- your path can be ANYTHING as long as you feel it's right- even if it seems an impossible mix (like being a christian witch ).
    ~Wingéd Mermaid~

I began studying Feburary 17 this year. I don't really consider myself a Wiccan yet since I don't feel I've 'earned' that just yet. {Just my personality, I like to earn what I have} I was studying about 3 or 4 weeks before I preformed my first ritual. I think it all depends upon when you're comfortable. When you feel you have a good hold on the basics, I'd try doing something simple and then work my way up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6