Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Supernatural

The Supernatural

Hi. I'm fairly new to The Craft, I've only been practicing for two years.

For a while now I've been curious on how Wiccans view the supernatural, such as vampires, demons, werewolves, ect. Is it a matter of personal opinion?

Will someone who knows the correct answer PLEASE write back? I'd appreciate it.

Blessed Be.
    WpingWllow
    norrisa@csvrgs.k12.va.us

Well, there's really no "correct answer" as it were.. it's usually just a matter of opinion.

I, personally, believe somewhat in these things.. but on a different level. Rather like emotional representations of said supernatural creatures. Werewolves, for example, could just be a manifestation of anger.. total and unadulterated RAGE!

Vampires.. are different to many people. I see them as charismatic and beautiful. Rather the way that Anne Rice portrayed them. They could be psy-vamps or any number of other things.

I'm not really saying this is the definate way to believe things.. I'm not even totally sure how I believe them!
    "The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another."

"A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire."

Thomas Merton, Trappist Monk

I agree,
    no correct answers!

Welcome to MW!

Welcome, pull up a chair and sit a spell...............Don't know exactly how to answer your question........I believe in Witches and Ghosts, Jury is still out on other stuff...........

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
    It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
    Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    Welcome

And I agree with Loki & WC. Everyone has their own beliefs when it comes to the supernatural. I, myself, believe in ghosts, vampires, faeries, and so on (I'm too lazy to type them all out )

Welcome to Mysticwicks

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

More Supernatural

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm still debating on my own opinions. I appreciate everyone taking time to listen to me

It's fairly easy for me to make my own decesions, but harder to figure out everything without any Pagan friends.

Thanks again.

Blessed Be,
    WpingWllow

I beleve in it all, or rather I beleve in all of it that I know about. Who knows what wonderfully mysterious things are still out there that no one knows about.

Welcome to MW!:D

is offline Bewitched, bothered & bewildered
    Howdy I am not sure about ghouls and ghosties... we'll see.
    "One out of every four people in this world is mentally unstable. Think
    of your three best friends. If they seem normal, you're the one." --- Ann Landers

Well....

I have to say that I don't view these things as "supernatural" - rather that they are natural, part of Nature, even if they are perhaps less common and more difficult for most people to accept as such.

Each Wiccan will treat the "supernatural" differently according to their own opinions and experiences. There is no official "canon" on the subject. Some will tell you they are spirits, some will tell you they are real, some will tell you they are merely archetypes for working with certain kinds of energy.

It's up to you to form your own opinion.

-M.
    INFP

MtoM Tarot reader; Not available for tarot requests right now.
    View my MtoM Reader Profile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast