Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Seeing things" -- lights in the air

"Seeing things" -- lights in the air

Greetings,

I am seeking guidance on the matter of seeing sparkly things in the air.

My vision is filled with tiny points of light (they are too small, too quick, and too many to count but the density is at least 200 per square centimeter).

The lights are present in roughly equal numbers during both day and night.

The lights are in 3 dimensions.

The lights move very quickly around organisms (more noticeable with larger organisms such as humans). In spaces where there are no visible organisms, they may form "rivers" or simply move mostly around the same spot.

Points of light seem to interact with each other in a similar way to how gasses are described to interact.

For contrast, they are NOT the larger (comparatively), more widely spaced (comparatively) points of light that are more common (or at least more visible) during the day time, where their speed and rate of "diffusion" is dependent on available sunlight. (I see those too, I have been told that this is "air prana".)

If anyone has any experience with this stuff and what it is, I would be interested to hear from you. I have had a few ideas of my own but so far have not come across anyone else who sees this except for my brothers.

I look forward to your responses!

I just thought of an analogy -- it's like TV "snow", but everywhere.

I am not ruling out "paranormal" possibilities, but have you checked with your optician? It sounds to me like you are experiencing 'floaters' which is usually a non serious eye problem.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    I am not ruling out "paranormal" possibilities, but have you checked with your optician? It sounds to me like you are experiencing 'floaters' which is usually a non serious eye problem.
    I'd just like to second this, actually. I've had "floaters" since childhood to a varying degree (I see them as very small, somewhat translucent dark objects), and when they recently started showing up a little more I made an appointment to see my doctor. He explained that it was nothing to worry about, but that if I started seeing many at one time or what he described as many sparkling or bright lights to let him know as soon as possible, because that could be a sign of a more serious eye issue, such as a tear in the retina or retinal detachment.

I'd suggest you check in with your optician before considering it as being anything paranormal.

Just my .2, anyway.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Kristle.Benton

Go then. There are other worlds than these.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

"I believe in the forest, and in the meadow, and in the night in which the corn grows." --- Henry David Thoreau

We all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Aren't floaters relatively "big"? I am familiar with them and they usually appear to be several millimeters wide/high so I don't know if it would be the same problem.

I gave up on asking doctors or opticians some years back because none of them had answers and only seem to be confused by it.

When I read, seeing sparkly lights I immediately thought of my issues--

It could be a manifestation of Simple Partial Seizures in the occipital lobe (I don't know the details of my issue, but from my reading it usually comes from this area). I see specks/blobs of light, that dance, flash and move throughout the day/night, everyday. Also, I have continuous visual snow, I'm not sure how that factors into things. I'm seeing a neurologist of it and getting an MRI really soon. He told me they're simple partial seizures (note: you retain your consciousness with these unlike other seizures). Until something proves otherwise, that's our going theory.

You might want to read these prior posts of mine, there's more info about SPS and my issues:
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...80&postcount=6
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...4&postcount=21
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...8&postcount=29
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=12
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=13

Maybe something will sound familiar?

Since the hallucinations of seizures (which is what my lights are) are unique to the person, just because yours don't match mine doesn't mean you're not experiencing them. Just don't rule it out because my experiences are different than yours, basically.

And as Cassie said, it could be an eye thing-- often things like that could be a sign of some degeneration, retinal tears and a number of things. I'd seen an Eye MD first to rule anything out and if that's clear, you might want to look into the seizure angle. Sometimes when a retinal tear happens, blood can get into the eye and it can appear as flashers and floaters. Or you could just have harmless ones. I don't know. Just some ideas.

I'd say, look into the medical angle first before the paranormal. Sometimes waiting could risk your vision or life if it is something medical. Did this happen suddenly or gradually? Are there any other symptoms?

Oh and there is something normal called Blue Field Phenomenon, I get this (everyone does) when I look at a blue sky and it looks very similar to my visual snow.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_fi...tic_phenomenon

Hope all is well and good luck finding your answers

ETA: and the visual snow reminds me of what people with persistent migraine without infarction have.
    see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow
    Last edited by Agaliha; November 4th, 2008 at 04:40 PM.

Tiny sparkly lights could also be what is called "migraine aura". But when we lived in the teeny-tiny town in the old, old house, I would see things like that now and then. Generally out of the corner of my eye. Perhaps they are energy that accumulates? We had a lot of rip-roaring arguments in that house so could have built up quite a bit of energy that way.

If it turns out to be an eye issue, it will be very frustrating that no doctor has had anything useful to say (which is why I turn to you people ).

As for seizures -- I have temporal lobe epilepsy, but this visual thing is basically constant (and I have never not seen it) so it would have to be a constant partial seizure and surely the (far-too-many) EEGs and MRIs I've had would have picked up that seizure activity? Something to think about I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    I'd say, look into the medical angle first before the paranormal. Sometimes waiting could risk your vision or life if it is something medical. Did this happen suddenly or gradually? Are there any other symptoms?
    I can't remember ever not seeing them (my earliest memories are from when I was 2 and I remember it because I remember pestering people about it and wondering about it). It is possible that it was acquired either suddenly or gradually before my earliest memories but I wouldn't know.

As for other symptoms -- what are you looking for? I cannot think of remarkable symptoms that accompanied it because I don't remember a change, although I have various other medical issues.

I do experience migraines on occasion so I'll read about that.

In view of the fact that time could be an issue here, I would seriously urge you to go find a better doctor, and rule out any form of medical condition before looking for supernatural causes.
    Let us know what happens and if the doc gives you a clean bill of health, we will still be here to look into what else could be going on.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast