Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seances? No,we won't.

Seances? No,we won't.

Gratuitous mocking of an elderly widow. Nice "change."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27600487/
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.
    Cheerfully providing the loyal opposition

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

I've been ghosted by ~Elise~

www.fisherhouseboston.org

is offline Teller of Unvarnished Truth
    Hudson River Valley in the shadow of Storm King Mountain
    I liked it............ lighten up. Why so eager to be angry?
    God is an underachiever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok sooooo? what exactly?
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close Packmates with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Quote Originally Posted by aluokaloo View Post
    ok sooooo? what exactly?
    Maybe SOME pagans don't think it's appropriate to mock widows or seances. If Bush had done something similar, there would be calls for his head.
    Last edited by BlueMoon13; November 8th, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

That was offensive? Do you have paper tissue thin skin? It was a careless remark. Obama is not my favorite person in the world, but even I can see that this wasn't meant to be offensive.

is offline <-- Morrighan by Jessica Galbreith
    People make questionable remarks all the time. They don't think or they mean it light-hearted and then realize 'yikes'. He called and apologized to Nancy Reagan.

If she accepted his apology then it is done. She is the one he called out and she is the one he apologized to.

However, it would be nice if those who are anti Obama would let him actually take over office and screw up like Bush did with some of his policies BEFORE the calls to impeach. Smear etal. This country gave Bush Jr 8 years worth of chances - I fail to see why we need to condemn right out of the starting gate.

Even when Bush Jr made questionable comments I didn't condemn him on those. I have a problem with his policies, and felt bad for him in regards to his speech giving skills. In some ways, I found his obvious nerves at these times rather endearing. Either way, I am not going to judge someone on random comments or mis-firing jokes.
    "Doesn't respond well to bullies, baseless allegations and narrow-mindedness. Approach at own risk if participating in one of the above. "

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says..."Oh no....she's awake!!"

For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own -- And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone. ~ Rod Serling

Then the devil's clock struck midnight. And the skies lit up again. And the battlefield where heaven stood. Was blown to hell again
    ~ Garth Brooks "Belleau Wood"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We die with the dying:
    See, they depart, and we go with them.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them."

T.S. Elliot
    Little Gidding, Fourth Quartets

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    That was offensive? Do you have paper tissue thin skin? It was a careless remark. Obama is not my favorite person in the world, but even I can see that this wasn't meant to be offensive.
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. If someone on the right says something careless, it's clearly meant to abuse someone. But if someone on the left does something similar it's an oopsie.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

is offline <-- Morrighan by Jessica Galbreith
    I, personally think, hypocrisy is found on both sides of the fence. Which is why I didn't feel the need to ballast Bush for his slips of the lip

Edited to add: One thing about slips of the lip - we all do it - but when a politician does it more hear about it. That is the con. The pro of this, for me, is it reminds me that they are human. I like seeing the human in our elected officials.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon13 View Post
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. If someone on the right says something careless, it's clearly meant to abuse someone. But if someone on the left does something similar it's an oopsie.

Last edited by SwordsFlameSong; November 8th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.
    "Doesn't respond well to bullies, baseless allegations and narrow-mindedness. Approach at own risk if participating in one of the above. "

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says..."Oh no....she's awake!!"

For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own -- And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone. ~ Rod Serling

Then the devil's clock struck midnight. And the skies lit up again. And the battlefield where heaven stood. Was blown to hell again
    ~ Garth Brooks "Belleau Wood"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We die with the dying:
    See, they depart, and we go with them.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them."

T.S. Elliot
    Little Gidding, Fourth Quartets

is offline Teller of Unvarnished Truth
    Hudson River Valley in the shadow of Storm King Mountain
    I am neither on the right nor the left and it is all piffle to me. There are more important things to worry about.
    God is an underachiever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon13 View Post

I'm not denying the hypocrisy of the left, I see it here in PP all the time. I would agree with your statement as I've seen it a lot lately.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast