Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Seances? No,we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiel View Post
    I think the comment was racist against dead people.
    Ack! By gods you may be right!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon13 View Post
    That is what is most important and Obama will erode it, beginning with the First Amendment. Domestic enemy of the Constitution in Chief. I don't intend on waiting for my wealth (what little there is) to be redistributed, the children to be forced into "required" volunteer programs as outlined on his own transition page (that I have an original screen capture of before they changed the text to remove "required"), his new hate speech (you disagree with Obama and those who think like him so go to prison) legislation, make it illegal for individuals to own guns, establishment of Civil Security forces (Gestapo)....
    So erosion of the 1st, 2nd, and 13th amendments, with his own thugs to enforce it. I don't think someone with THIS agenda deserves a chance.

So back to the original issue, communicating with the dead is part of my religion and he's just made fun of it. Also, I don't find any spokesperson from Mrs. Reagan saying that she has ACCEPTED any apology. People like to claim that they've apologised to ME for vile things they've said and done, it does'nt count unless the injured party accepts said apology. So when the Obamessiah apologizes to me for his mocking part of my religion-and getting a hearty laugh for it from his toadies-I may or may not accept it.

I the meantime I am getting all my lefty friends-which is,umm ALL of them-copies of "1984" for Yule/Christmas.
    It is a part of mine as well, not only communicating with the dead...but WORKING WITH them as well; and it is a part of the religion for many others here in some form or another.....yet you seem to be the only one "up in arms", "screaming" about it.

It has been issued from Obama's side that he called Mrs. Reagan and apologized....I wasn't there, I don't know. It has been said that she accepted his apology....I wasn't there, I don't know. I'm sure that if Mrs. Reagan wishes to make a public statement regarding this, she will certainly do so.........if she does not..then perhaps she wishes to maintain her privacy regarding the matter.

Why you are all "het up" about this now is beyond the ken of many here (excluding your hatred of Obama)....perhaps it is your age? (sorry, no offense meant, I don't know your age and if you are young enough you might not be "in the historical know") The fact that Mrs. Reagan regularly consulted astrologers and, I believe I once heard, psychics has been made light of for DECADES. It was a running public joke while her husband was in office.

Besides, Obama was talking about HER...not you personally.
    M'Blog:

"Strength and youth will never win over old age and treachery"
    Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin
    That was offensive? Do you have paper tissue thin skin? It was a careless remark.
    Depends on whether she's calling someone a bastard. :giggle:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon13
    So back to the original issue, communicating with the dead is part of my religion and he's just made fun of it.
    Oh, please. He apologized to the one person who had license to be offended. If you choose to take offense, that's your problem, not his.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon13
    I the meantime I am getting all my lefty friends-which is,umm ALL of them-copies of "1984" for Yule/Christmas.
    I have a hard time believing you have any "lefty friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Artiste_Lili
    Why you are all "het up" about this now is beyond the ken of many here (excluding your hatred of Obama)....perhaps it is your age?
    I bet if George W. had said it, she'd be defending the statement.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Blue View Post
    Depends on whether she's calling someone a bastard. :giggle:

Oh, please. He apologized to the one person who had license to be offended. If you choose to take offense, that's your problem, not his.

I have a hard time believing you have any "lefty friends."

I bet if George W. had said it, she'd be defending the statement.
    Wow Phoenix_Blue! You REALLLY meant those comments! So much so they posted twice! LOL.

I agree with ya on them.

And besides...."King Georgie" has said MANY things about Paganism...and NONE of them good. But we don't see that here now do we?
    Last edited by Artiste-LiLi; November 8th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
    M'Blog:

"Strength and youth will never win over old age and treachery"
    Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Sounds like you just unscrewed the top of your head and let the McCain campaign just fill it up with ridiculous rhetoric. Do you even bother to think for yourself?
    I was thinking Sean Hannity, myself. Or maybe Rush Limbaugh, who seriously suggested Obama's grandmother was not dying of cancer and that he rushed back to Hawaii days before the election "to fix his birth certificate."

Wow Phoenix_Blue! You REALLLY meant those comments! So much so they posted twice! LOL.
    Oops.

And besides...."King Georgie" has said MANY things about Paganism...and NONE of them good. But we don't see that here now do we?
    I do seem to remember something about saying "I don't believe Wiccans should be allowed in the military" or somesuch. It's probably no coincidence that it took the Veterans Administration five years and the threat of a lawsuit to finally provide a headstone with a pentacle for Sgt. Patrick Stewart, a Wiccan who died for his country while fighting in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Phoenix Blue; November 8th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

When I read it, the whole conversation seemed lighthearted, he didn't seem to be saying seances were bad, just that he wasn't going to have them. That's what I got out of it anyway.

I don't see why someone would be so offended by this. It seems silly to me. When I was 10-15 years younger, I would take offense to everything I could about "my religion" I would have mad fits about minor things. I mellowed out alot because you really can find something offensive or insulting in almost anything.

Oh, I believe that Obama should be left to make his own history, be it good or bad. He is going to be our president, it's a done deal... it's a waste of time trying to guess what he may or may not do. IMO

HDK
    http://www.coven-space.com/Happydeadkitty

"If nothing else fails, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through" Melchett

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiel View Post
    I think the comment was racist against dead people.
    It was just stupid and disrespectful.
    “Years and years of history books have taught us that America was shaped by the great deeds of great men and women. It was not. America was shaped by the great deeds of ordinary men and women. America always has been better than its government, that its people have always been more decent than their presidents, and that the strength and greatness of this nation lies in them, the men and women who are not great and who never will be.” - Roger Simon

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." -- George Bernard Shaw

A case of foot in mouth disease. Nothing to get panties in a twist about. Does no one accept apologies anymore?

Convallaria

Quote Originally Posted by thunder View Post
    i am neither on the right nor the left and it is all piffle to me. There are more important things to worry about.
    exactly!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast