Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do you meditate

Why do you meditate

so tell us..why do you meditate and if you want to share some experiances
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

i seldom ever meditate. the only times i do, is when someone comes to me and tells me something that someone from the beyond has said and they dont know what it means or they think theyre going crazy. cause as anyone with any experience with spirits knows, when they come to you and speak, its usually metaphorical and doesnt make much sense. thus the only times i meditate. to find out, from them, what they meant, to the person they were speaking to.

For many reasons..off the top of my head,
    Insight, calming, my spiritual work, to open channels, to balance energy, to find answers to specific things, guidance and or contact, to feel, to gather awareness around me...and the list goes on.

Sometimes just to do nothing and think nothing for awhile just because.

I also do walking, sitting, standing and even swimming meditations!

thinking about NOT fixing the hole where the rain gets in ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
    For many reasons..off the top of my head,
    Insight, calming, my spiritual work, to open channels, to balance energy, to find answers to specific things, guidance and or contact, to feel, to gather awareness around me...and the list goes on.

Sometimes just to do nothing and think nothing for awhile just because.

I also do walking, sitting, standing and even swimming meditations!
    I agree!

Meditation also helps with pain. Last time I meditated was 2 1/2 weeks ago while I was getting tattooed. It help A LOT. I've also been unfortunate enough to have broken quite a few bones ... you'd be surprised how well deeps breaths and a happy place works (considering all you get in the hospital is ibuprofen, and you have to get there).

Also, I learned a short sweet meditation for the shower from a friend of mine a few years ago ... while showering repeat (in your head if you have roomates that might think your weird) "negatives down the drain, postives remain"
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    -- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by lady_annabelle View Post
    I agree!

Also, I learned a short sweet meditation for the shower from a friend of mine a few years ago ... while showering repeat (in your head if you have roomates that might think your weird) "negatives down the drain, postives remain"
    I do that one too
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

I meditate to take care of myself
    to give myself a time everyday even if it is short to pamper myself
    to ground and center
    I also use it to gain insight in puzzling situations

and Books Forum Guide

my covens site

The reason I meditate these days is because if I don't I get really groggy throughout the day and can get moody too. I've found that meditation helps me to relax and live my life they way I want to. Without it I feel I just float through the day with no focus or purpose. With it I feel positive, focused and just a general, overall zest for life.
    Meditation also gives me insight. I used to have to smoke weed to get any sort of insight but these days I never touch the stuff, meditation gives me that..... and more
    Last edited by ~Belladonna~; June 15th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
    ~Free Your Mind~

)O( Blessings One & All )O(

***Knowledge really is Power***- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

***Magic, madam, is like wine and, if you are not used to it, it will make you drunk*** - Susanna Clarke The Ladies of Grace Adieu

***Magick Works in Mysterious Ways*** - Me

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a while back. I cannot and will not do the steroid route until it is my last possible resort. I get up early to give myself a half hour or so in the morning and the same when I go to bed for meditation and a series of deep breathing and yoga excercises the pt gave me years ago.

Between that and the cayenne ointment I use, the only thing I am having to take orally are the 800 mg motrin the Dr. prescribes. He tells me every visit that I am the healthiest person (arthritis wise) that he has who was diagnosed so long ago.

For centering, clarity, insight, and answers.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

I meditate to bring myself back to the here and now. This is the stopping aspect of meditation. When I am mindful of my breathing, it causes me to stop rushing, and I come back to here and now. When I can stop, I can also look deeply. When I look deeply at my mental formations I can find insight of my suffering and the suffering of others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast