Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do you meditate

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by Astara Seague View Post
    so tell us..why do you meditate and if you want to share some experiances
    I meditate to calm myself, center my being, and find some solitude within.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

I live on an incredible acreage in the Qu'Appelle Valley
    I used to intentionally meditate for most of the reasons above...I still intentionally do it at times when I feel out of balance or want answers etc....I find 2/3 of my life is a meditation/prayer....and that is when I am happiest....the other 1/3 is realising I am not in balance and finding my way back....I find myself doing different breathing techniques that are becoming natural now...where as I mostly only used them in meditation....and the meditative state comes to me more natural now....than having to "actually meditate" as I said not always but it is wonderous when the state is their without envoking it....
    Last edited by BearDancing; December 26th, 2008 at 11:09 AM.
    Enter Her World
    ~Jaqueline Frost touches the flowers~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have only meditated a few times. Though I am planning on getting into it a lot more. The times I have done so, it was because I had a really stressful day or I was feeling angry or annoyed about something/someone.

It helps so much and I can usually just feel the tension drain from my body. And I feel so calm afterwards. It really is great and I think more people should try it even if they aren't spiritual.

But yeah, that is why I do it. Because it calms me down.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
    For many reasons..off the top of my head,
    Insight, calming, my spiritual work, to open channels, to balance energy, to find answers to specific things, guidance and or contact, to feel, to gather awareness around me...and the list goes on.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by FairieSpirit View Post
    I used to intentionally meditate for most of the reasons above...I still intentionally do it at times when I feel out of balance or want answers etc....I find 2/3 of my life is a meditation/prayer....and that is when I am happiest....the other 1/3 is realising I am not in balance and finding my way back....I find myself doing different breathing techniques that are becoming natural now...where as I mostly only used them in meditation....and the meditative state comes to me more natural now....than having to "actually meditate" as I said not always but it is wonderous when the state is their without envoking it....
    Me too.
    I'm really glad to have meditation as a tool. I think I'd be lost without it.

nesta

No man is so good as to be free of evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.
    Norse Proverb

The coward believes he will live forever, if he holds back in the battle, but in old age he shall have no peace.
    Norse Proverb

I meditate partly because it is relaxing and also partly because I have some Hindu beliefs. I like to practice Yoga. If you want to learn more about Yoga and Hindu meditation, you can see the following article from Wikipedia. It also talks about Buddhist meditation techniques and I share some Buddhist beliefs as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation

Because my brain never SHUTS UP.

I like walking meditation, Tai Chi and yoga.
    Yes?

I meditate to give myself a respite from all the crap my brain is constantly throwing at me. It helps pull me out of my brain and into my body. It gives me a sense of calm, focus, and centeredness.
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

I meditate to quiet my mind, to learn mindfulness, to simply be. To reach gnosis, to commune with my Angel, and one day, hopefully, astral travel (haven't really nailed that yet. Sigh.)
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

I meditate for many different reasons though often lately I meditate to relax, completely relax even if it only lasts until meditation is over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast