Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nazca Lines

The Nazca Lines

I have always been fascinated by The Nazca lines; a series of geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert, a high arid plateau that stretches more than 80 km (50 miles) between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana in Peru. There are hundreds of individual figures, ranging in complexity from simple lines to stylized hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys, fish, sharks or orcas, llamas, and lizards.

The lines are shallow designs in the ground where the reddish pebbles that cover the surrounding landscape have been removed, revealing the whitish earth underneath. Hundreds are simple lines or geometric shapes, and more than seventy are natural or human figures. The largest are over 200m across. Many can only clearly be seen from an aircraft.

There are many theories about what they are, and why they were made a lot of which point to extra terrestial connections.. This Crystalinks article covers some of the main theories.
    For me the long straight intersecting lines are even more interesting than the human and animal figures. They do so resemble interstate highways or airport runways.
    What are your theories?
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    What are your theories?
    Bunch of goofy people made some goofy lines in the ground.
    Same thing with similar phenomena in other parts of the world. People attempting, crudely, to communicate with celestial beings of the skies, i.e. their concept of the gods.

I highly doubt the veracity of any claims of extra-terrestrial involvement.
    Last edited by Louisvillian; November 25th, 2008 at 09:37 PM.

Peru has never (that I am aware of) intentionally tried to cover up any information like the US does and the UK (used to cover up)

Much of the info on ET visitations and co-operation is all being declassified..

That looks like a big undertaking for it to be have made by a bunch of goofy UFO freaks.. Especially in Peru,

not really sure what the lines are supposed to be.. looks complex though.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

I heard through some second hand knowledge that they were used by Shamans. The Shamans would take one of their pupils out into the middle of one of the diagrams. The pupil had to project up and out of their body. Afterwards, they had to describe the shape that they were positioned in. Then and only then, could they be considered a shaman.
    Last edited by The 13th Monkey; February 4th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

I guess they are like energy circuits for the earth?
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

They do resemble massive airline runways. The giant animals on the ground are also fascinating. The local Indians have stories about the lines but I don't believe they created them. How could they have done that with so much accuracy and without the help of a plane or satelite? It's been told by Erich Von Daaniken that these Indians had been living there for not for very long. Also these animal giant shapes and lines were already there when the Indians moved into the region. I suppose this: Mysterious and definately unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Between every rose there is a sword

Wow!! If you look at his site the same img is displayed in his nav console at the top of the page.

http://www.evdaniken.com/index.html
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    Bunch of goofy people made some goofy lines in the ground...
    Well these lines are by all accounts very ancient, massive and mysterious. They have become one of the most visited tourist destinations in South America. Whoever the people were that made them were a bit more than just goofy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Heart View Post
    They do resemble massive airline runways. The giant animals on the ground are also fascinating. The local Indians have stories about the lines but I don't believe they created them. How could they have done that with so much accuracy and without the help of a plane or satelite? It's been told by Erich Von Daaniken that these Indians had been living there for not for very long. Also these animal giant shapes and lines were already there when the Indians moved into the region. I suppose this: Mysterious and definately unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    Wow!! If you look at his site the same img is displayed in his nav console at the top of the page.

http://www.evdaniken.com/index.html
    Interesting site. Erich Von Daaniken has some interesting ideas. The problem is that he lets his own ideas dominate the facts he comes accross and so he is given to exaggeration. I saw one documentary where one of the photos in his book was shown to be heavily edited and much smaller than the text implied. It is a shame because I think there is some truth in his theories, but he has given his critics too much amunition to hit him with.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Yeah, that is what happens when you hire a PR firm to handle your public image. They like to sensationalize and attempt to make it more dynamic. Just like with everything else we hear we have to remember to filter out the spin lol.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

Shocked I read...

...It'd been a little while so bear with me.
    I read on the "disaster whatch page" http://home.att.net/~thehessians/disasterwatch.html
    That global warming is even causing some changes to even
    the Nazca lines were even eroding away due to the lack of
    the minimal moisture in the ground. Lines are "erasing" themselves...
    Can some one confirm this ?
    Gentle Light
    MsMolli
    "Books contain words;
    trees contain energies and wisdom
    books never dreamt of." author unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast